Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2003 7:48:57 AM EDT
When is the "Tea Party"

There is so much I don't know where to begin.....
Lets start on the worst subject...taxes.
Our beloved GOV takes over 50% from us working class people.
No you say......
1st  your payroll check gets hit pretty hard. That should be the end of what we pay.
but no.....
2nd gas tax .20 to .40 cents per gallon. Add it up to what we spend in the US in just one
day and its a mind boggling number.
3rd Alcoho & cig tax....I don't partake.
4th New cars to used cars. You could sell that car 20 times and pay tax on every ocassion.
5th Telephone. Well since our big brother is watching out for us so well and trying to
save us money....many years ago they had to break up Ma Bell. Its was an evil monopoly
and needs to be broken up to breed competition with lower rates. Well since that
happened rates and fee's doubled. One person could have three lines in there house.
You will get hit with a FCC line charge on every line.
7th Our elected officials need to held accountable for their actions. If I lied, cheated, stole,
deceived, wasted, etc etc, I would be in jail in a heart beat. Oh no...just slap their hands
and sweep in under the carpet. The system is sad. Here I thought they were in office
for our benefit.
6th....help me fill in more.

Don't get me wrong, American is the best place to live on Earth....its just our rights
are being chipped away little by little so not to disturb the hurd.
Basically the way system is set up is the more times money is exchanged hands
it's hit with taxes. Its a nasty cycle.

Rick
(disgusted with politics)
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
When is the "Tea Party"

[red]....its just our rights are being chipped away little by little so not to disturb the hurd.[/red]

Rick
(disgusted with politics)
View Quote

Have to disagree with you.

Our rights are being hacked at with an axe!

Edited to say: I'll bring the cream and sugar.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.dilbert.com/creators/wizardofid/archive/images/wizardofid2003062032607.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top