Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 12:21:58 AM EDT
I visit Pre-ban.com FA.com etc.... now and then. It seems one out of every two people I see post hate this place and how its run. Is it a collection of former/banned members, or is it the more liberal people of the bunch? I had a problem with a mod hounding my ass (since he is gone, it was DonR)a few months back. Seemed like he was getting on me every other post.He threatened to ban me 3 times in 2 weeks. So I ignored him and he just went away- pun intended. Other than that, no problems here. So.... what's their problem? Jason
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:28:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I visit Pre-ban.com FA.com etc.... now and then. It seems one out of every two people I see post hate this place and how its run. Is it a collection of former/banned members?
View Quote

Mainly.  But why do you care?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
They hate those who hate our freedoms.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:03:16 AM EDT
[#4]
We can count all the way up to 15 or 16 with out using our fingers.

Most days we even go up to 308!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I've kind of noticed the same thing over at subguns.com.

When ARFCOM was down, I used to go over there and ask if anyone knew anything about when ARFCOM would be back up.

The replies I got were negative to say the best.

IMO, people who don't like ARFCOM, or its people can go f*ck themselves. I don't post anymore on subguns, and I don't frequent any other board except this one.

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:48:04 AM EDT
[#6]
... Yup, sour grapes and the envy that this place has a 100 times the traffic, info and knowledge of the site they're "allowed" on.

... Those sites are fun to visit, but I always get a kick out of those few assholes that constantly bash this place. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:23:08 AM EDT
[#7]
[red]Do they hate us (ARFcom) members............?[/red]

Man, I hope not  [>Q]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Well shit, couldn't think of a better topic at the time. Jason
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:16:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:39:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've kind of noticed the same thing over at subguns.com.

When ARFCOM was down, I used to go over there and ask if anyone knew anything about when ARFCOM would be back up.

The replies I got were negative to say the best.

IMO, people who don't like ARFCOM, or its people can go f*ck themselves. I don't post anymore on subguns, and I don't frequent any other board except this one.

View Quote
Good, we don't want your redneck over there. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#11]
"IMO, people who don't like ARFCOM, or its people can go f*ck themselves"

Nice attitude towards people that chose to frequent more than one INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD[rolleyes]. If people have a problem w/ the way the site is run, what do you care? Are they bitching HERE or someplace else?

The bigger picture is that we ALL LOVE OUR AR's and GUN RIGHTS no matter where people choose to post or what the problems over a site are. I would like to think we would all end up hanging together instead of separately...at this rate, I'll be kicking in the wind by myself....
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:27:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, they hate AR15.com; so how screwed up is that?

The teen years are very stressful; so they say.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow. Someone worries about what other people think about their fav online hangout?

I wouldn't let it bother you.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Soulzer, perfect response!

TXL
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#16]
They are trolls. They are the ones that have been banned for not being able to follow rules
in other peoples houses. Dont worry about them.
Those sites are interesting. When you dont have rules, chaos takes over and the trolls love it. That is why they are there and not here.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I like FA.com, and the freedom to say whatever the fuck you want.  It's a nice change of pace from this place sometimes.
I like Arfcom, but the rules can get a little restrictive sometimes.  Of course, I'm sure if FA.com takes off and gets big then they'll have to impose rules as well, hell Tim has already started.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I hang out here and Preban.com. When I want intelligent well thought out discussion that do not degenerate into pissing matches I am here. When i want to tell some one to fuck off I go there. Not everyone over there hate ar15.com. remember a lot of senior staff and mods are staff, mods and site owners here.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#22]
You can post naked girly pics at those sites.[shock]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I like FA.com but don't post there much. It seems like a lot of the topics that I find interesting over there are typically rehashed topics from this sight.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When I want intelligent well thought out discussion that do not degenerate into pissing matches I am here.
View Quote

You must be posting on a different AR15.com than the rest of us then.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I haven't been to Subguns, PREBAN,FA, or BannedFromAR15. But I am/was a member at [url=rimfirecentral.com]Rimfire Central[/url]. AR15.com has a "bad" reputation there as well, but I never figured out exactly why. I did quit posting there because all my .22's are "EBR"s, and are better accepted here, and at [url=www.mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/rimfires.htm]Rockin' Rimfires[/url].
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#26]
By greenmountainpatriot:

Nice attitude towards people that chose to frequent more than one INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD
View Quote

Thanks! However you misunderstood my point. I don't care how many boards anyone visits. All I said was anyone who doesn't like ARFCOM can go f*ck themselves.

If people have a problem w/ the way the site is run, what do you care?
View Quote

I DON'T. It's only when they start putting ARFCOM down that I get defensive about it. I like this site and I speak well of it when I mention it to other gunowners.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#27]
[url=http://slashdot.org/]  /.  [/url]

The best way to moderate a forum is there...
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Things that I have noticed: when ar15.com goes down, everyone jumps to fullauto.com, pre-ban.com, etc. and flood them with posts on ar15.com status questions. I can see why they might get a little pissed since people are basically using them as a backup and not becoming members, yet their servers don't seem to go down as often as ar15.com, and appear to be faster (sometimes due to less traffic)... ya know?

PS: usually most of the posts that appear over on this site, are copied to the other sites anyway, or vice-versa, so why read the same thing on multiple sites when you can just go to one place?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I got to a lot of different sites. I have seen many bashed by one or the other... Don't blame a site or all the people on it by what a few say... I am member here, pre-ban, Marlin, Rimfire, Rimfire Addicts. and Many others. Some like me some don't don't really matter. Not everyone is going to agree all the time on everything.. The one who own's the forum is the one that controls who comes and who goes... I have read the stuff about some being banned,, Since I had nothing to do with it,, I really don't wan't to know about it.... Not my decision to make...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Some of us are happy and proud members of more than one board. I am a Mod over at [url]www.pre-ban.com[/url], as well as a Team Member here.

I don't notice too much animosity between the sites.

But then, I could be blind.

-UHLEK-
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I want intelligent well thought out discussion that do not degenerate into pissing matches I am here.
View Quote

You must be posting on a different AR15.com than the rest of us then.
View Quote

No shit, Norman!

You [size=5]LOVE[/size=5] the pissing match.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top