Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2003 7:51:38 PM EDT

[img]http://www.gulftel.com/tnolfe/4gs.jpg[/img]

[b]G-27, G-Code, G2 and a Goddard![/b]

[bounce]

I just got the G-27 two weeks ago and the G-Code Kydex holster in today. I have several Surefire G2s and I have carried this Wayne Goddard Spyderco for over two years now.

I could not be more impressed with the G-Code. That is one well made holster. Very positive, adjustable retention and super solid construction. This is no Fobus... I got a belt slide attachment that I may try as opposed to the paddle.

The G-2 is a great light and Botach has them on sale all the time for $20 or so. You can not beat that.

As for the G-27 and the Goddard, it goes without saying that they are both effective for reliable emergency ventilation!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
So that holster is a good one, huh. I'll have to look into getting one of them, I haven't picked up a paddle for my Glock 27.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
YOu paid four grand for that???

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ I fell for that shit hook line and sinker....I got it now before anybody had the chance to call me an idiot.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
YOu paid four grand for that???

View Quote

You don't think it was a good deal? [:|]

Mpearcex, it is damned nice. I recommend it highly. Many options to choose from. Pro Quality.

[url]http://www.tacticalholsters.com/gcode.htm[/url]

I bought mine here:

[url]http://www.gunnersalley.com/category/holstersbymanufacturer.gcodeholsters[/url]

Best price and per the GlockTalkers, they are always reliable.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice rig, but it better lay golden eggs while you sleep for four thousand dollars.
View Quote

I really hope the previous two posts were joking about that costing 4 grand.  

How do you like that holster, FiveO?

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I think "G" is the second most tactical sounding letter next to "M" and "V".
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for your support.

Signed....The ATF, ballistic fingerprint division.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice rig, but it better lay golden eggs while you sleep for four thousand dollars.
View Quote

I really hope the previous two posts were joking about that costing 4 grand.  

How do you like that holster, FiveO?

View Quote

[BD]LOL...Im tired. (and stupid)
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
doesnt that Glock look like it just wants to blow up on ya? [naughty]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh I get it, dave223's reply gave me a hint though. LOL! I had to do a double read anyway because it was very creative. Definetly a nice self defense setup for four G's.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thank you for your support.

Signed....The ATF, ballistic fingerprint division.
View Quote

[sleep]

Quoted:
How does that G-Code compare with Blade-Tech?
View Quote

I have never actually seen a Blade Tech and did not compare them until you asked but I can say that I like how they only have one seam. The price is comperable but I like G-Codes ability to change from straight drop paddle or belt slide to canted, the optional shirt/sweat guard, etc... The Blade Techs and G-Codees are tension adjustable, unlike the Sidearmor holsters I did consider. TheSidearmors were too damned pricey as well!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]
What does Five0 do as our rights are erroded------->[sleep]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What does Five0 do as our rights are erroded------->[sleep]
View Quote

Not true, SIR!! I also,

[beer] [pistol] [sex] [fart] [shotgun] [party] [kiss] [headbang] [coffee] [buttkick] [booze].

However, I am not in the mood to [banghead], [argue] or [beathorse] so [wave].

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Support Glock = Supporting Sarah Brady

Sig says it all:
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Dear Christ, Guys...

Does it help that I got it second hand and therefore not one thin dime of my $ went to Gaston?

[80's High School Mode on]Take a chill-pill.[/Mode off]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you Glock bashers realize that the guy on 60 minutes who was talking about ballastic fingerprinting has been fired, per order of Gaston Glock himself?

If you want to boycott a company based on one former employee mouthing off, be my guest.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I carry my G30 in a Sidearmor IWB with this [url=http://sidearmor.net/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_28/products_id/177] belt hook attachment [/url]

I highly recommend it.  Don't spend $500 on a pistol then go cheap on a holster.  I can't tell you how big of a difference that belt hook attachment makes compared to the tradional loops.

One other thing to consider.  If you are going to use the pinky extension on the G27, you might as well get a G23.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#19]
yes he was fired as 'Vice President'.

Then he was hired on a contract/consulting basis.

It was all a publicity stunt to get us 'glock bashers' off of glocks back.

Since most of us (unlike the glockoholics) have brains it failed.

I will continue to advocate boycotting a company that does not support MY rights until the ownership of that company comes out and publicly renounces the statements made by representatives of their company.  Which they have not done, the only statements issued by the company in regards to this have been in support of the statements.

But go on support a company that does not support your rights, you have the right to do that.  

PS- Buying em second hand is ok, I guess, but I personally wouldnt.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Have you ever owned a Glock Silence?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I carry my G30 in a Sidearmor IWB with this [url=http://sidearmor.net/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_28/products_id/177] belt hook attachment [/url]

I highly recommend it.  Don't spend $500 on a pistol then go cheap on a holster.  I can't tell you how big of a difference that belt hook attachment makes compared to the tradional loops.

One other thing to consider.  If you are going to use the pinky extension on the G27, you might as well get a G23.
View Quote

The G-Code is not "going cheap" just because it is less expensive. Based on my bit of reading, they products are very similar.

I have another mag with the standard baseplate, I use this one as daily carry on the job (Investigator in plain clothes, open carry usually) so the extension is not a problem. BTW, I have a G-23 too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I am wanting a 30 in a bad way. My "Off Duty Supervisor" has conclusively ruled that option out! [:)]

Is it too much of a handfull?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

What difference does it make?

Did a glock VP make statments supporting BF?

Has Glock renounced those statements?

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What difference does it make?

Did a glock VP make statments supporting BF?

Has Glock renounced those statements?

View Quote

Anwsering a question with a question are we?

Yes

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Where is their statement renouncing the BF plan as put forth by their VP?

You claim it exists, produce it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Silence, have you ever owned a Glock?  Its a simple question.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#27]
And I repeat what difference does it make?

Now produce the statement you claim that Glock made renouncing the BF plan.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Im searching for it right now

Why are you so affraid to answer the question?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#29]
because the question is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
[url]http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/stories/20030220/localsports/1022942.html[/url]

The link on Gssfonline.com is dead, but there is a summary of it.

Now answer my question, have you ever owned a Glock?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh you think that statement was a renoucnment of thier work with the ATF on BF?

I read that one.  It was a buncha doublespeak, that basically said that Januzzo speaks for Glock on this matter.  It went basically 'We dont support registration, but we are/have been working with the ATF on BF on an experimental basis, no we dont keep any records, yadda yadda yadda'.  Was nothing in it that renounced the BF ideas as put forth by Januzzo.

Explain the relevence of whether or not I have owned a glock has in pertaining to this discussion.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#32]
When ever you see all these hollywood types bashing SUV's because of thier gas mileage, what is the question that is asked?

"What do you drive"  

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Ahh, so the whole 'ever own a glock' question is simply a way to get into some assinine strawman to detract from the facts that exist.  Just as I thought, thanks for admitting it.

Whether I may have, or may have not, ever owned a glock (either now, or previously) has no relevence in this discussion.  All that matters is that in the future I will not be sending money to a company that does not support my rights, and that I think that anyone that does give money to that company once it has become known they do not support gun rights is a traitor to 'the cause' of gun rights in the US.  If you wish to continue to support a company that does this, fine that is your choice.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Bla bla bla bla

You are just a hater
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You are just a hater
View Quote

YES!!!!

I am.

I despise anyone, or any company, that works against the rights of the individual gun owner.

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:34:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I personally have a glock 21, but the next handgun that I buy will be a Springfield XD.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:38:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I've owned two glocks, an original 22 and a 30 when they first came out. I sold both because after shooting them a good bit, I never liked how they shot, felt or the looks of them. I found SIG and HK, that took care of my problem.
I bought them well before the KB and frame rail crap started and before they sold us out with ballistic fingerprinting.
Even if I ever found another glock that I liked, I would not buy it based on their anti RKBA position.
They "fired" the guy that let the cat out of the bag and re-hired him [i]quietly[/i] as a consultant and have never publically renounced their statements or their position on ballistic fingerprinting.
It's simple really, either you're with us or you're against us. When it comes to our rights, there is no middle ground.
But if you're comfortable supporting glock even after what they have done, then that's your choice and you will have to live with it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#39]
You've made excellent choices with your carry gear.

Silly Glock bashers. I attended the Master 250 class at Gunsite with Cooper several years back and I was the only one in a class of over 30 to shoot the school drill clean. I was shooting a Glock 35 and most of the other students had custom 1911s.

Would you mind measuring the head diameter on your G2. I have a Blade-Tech combo mag/light holder that holds my 6Z lens down. I was wondering if a G2 would fit as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#41]
"Glock has posted its response to the CBS broadcast on its Web site (www.gssfonline.com/2002/hot_topics/glockofficialstatement.htm). In particular, the company says that it is not in favor of gun registration. Glock also says it is not keeping a database or ballistic fingerprint of Glock pistols being shipped or giving such data to anyone else."

As stated above, the link is now dead.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Todday's sucker threat is brought to you by
the letter G
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Hey, if you were a chick yu could have had 5 G's!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Todday's sucker threat is brought to you by
the letter G
View Quote

Quoted:
Hey, if you were a chick yu could have had 5 G's!
View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You've made excellent choices with your carry gear.

Silly Glock bashers. I attended the Master 250 class at Gunsite with Cooper several years back and I was the only one in a class of over 30 to shoot the school drill clean. I was shooting a Glock 35 and most of the other students had custom 1911s.

Would you mind measuring the head diameter on your G2. I have a Blade-Tech combo mag/light holder that holds my 6Z lens down. I was wondering if a G2 would fit as well.
View Quote

Thanks!

I do not think they want to hear about your REAL WORLD experiences... Minds are made up.

The G2 is right at 1.25 inches in diameter, less than 1/8 of an inch bigger than my D2. I bet it will fit fine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
doesnt that Glock look like it just wants to blow up on ya? [naughty]
View Quote

The Glocks don't just blow up, it happens because the shooter is limp wristing. [:D]
View Quote

Mine came with a warning sticker:

NO RELOADS AND NO LIMP WRISTING [:O]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
I've been hesitating pulling the trigger on a G27 for several years (as a companion) to my G22, but just haven't done it.  Probably too many toys for my AR.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I DID like glock, not anymore!

But hay, it is an Austrian company and that is were Hitler was from and we all know Hitler loved his gun control, so we all can see where Gaston Glock is coming from!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top