Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 7:35:56 AM EDT
This morning I wake up, look in the mirror and find this freakin huge pimple on the left side of my face.  Its big, red, and hurts like a bastard - not one of those poppable ones though.  [shock]

And wouldn't you know it, I have a work related meeting tomorrow and I (nor the people I'm meeting with) don't need to be distracted by the damn zit!

Anyone know any thing I could do to get rid of that sucker quickly?  One time I heard that putting hydrocortizone cream on a zit will cause it to dry up and reduce the swelling.  I haven't tried it though.  Someone's gotta have a tried and true remedy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I usually find it to be spider eggs.

Try toothpaste, retin A, or a razor blade
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
set a hot wash cloth on your face to open the pores up. Wash like normal. Don't squeeze it! No matter how bad you want to don't do it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Muratic Acid and a snake bit kit can work wonders.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Rub some smelly cheese on it and let a rat gnaw it off.

I'm Buck Melanoma. Moley Russell's wart. Not her wart. I'm her growth, her pimple. They sometimes call me Melanoma head.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Have Monica suck it out.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, animal assistance is not out of the question.

Seriously, zits are caused by dirt entering pores of your filthy, filthy face because your hygiene is so poor.  The dirt combines with sweat and facial oils to make a environment perfect for bacteria growth.

The Petri dish that is your face soon has cauliflower like bacteria growth clogging the pore. The growing culture of cottage cheese and facial oils forms a puss pond. Your face combats the intruders by manufacturing liquids to flush it out. Since the pore is clogged thee liquids add to the puss bucket.

Now Dog’s inherently have an anti-bacterial astringent in their saliva. That’s why they lick their wounds and their nuts. This keeps them from getting infected. Also since most infections can’t survive the Dog’s mouth they cant enter the Dog’s body. When was the last time your Dog had the Flu?

My advice is to smear peanut butter on your face and have your Dog lick it off.  (or a Dog if you are Dog deprived).
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#9]
All the above suggestions would work... [;)]

However, try some 'Tea Tree Oil' - you can get it at a GNC/Health type of store. Can't say it'll be gone by tomorrow, but should take care of it in a couple days.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
sidecuts?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Ingrown hair maybe?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I have heard putting tooth paste on it dries it out quickly..
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, animal assistance is not out of the question.

Seriously, zits are caused by dirt entering pores of your filthy, filthy face because your hygiene is so poor.  The dirt combines with sweat and facial oils to make a environment perfect for bacteria growth.

The Petri dish that is your face soon has cauliflower like bacteria growth clogging the pore. The growing culture of cottage cheese and facial oils forms a puss pond. Your face combats the intruders by manufacturing liquids to flush it out. Since the pore is clogged thee liquids add to the puss bucket.

Now Dog’s inherently have an anti-bacterial astringent in their saliva. That’s why they lick their wounds and their nuts. This keeps them from getting infected. Also since most infections can’t survive the Dog’s mouth they cant enter the Dog’s body. When was the last time your Dog had the Flu?

My advice is to smear peanut butter on your face and have your Dog lick it off.  (or a Dog if you are Dog deprived).
View Quote

[LOL]

Dude, I hope you're not a doctor! Your bedside manner leaves a bit to be desired! [:D]

Edited to add: Hot washcloth ans squeeze till it pops, then apply alcohol. Never had a problem doing that, and I don't have a single scar.

OTOH, use your wife/GF's makeup for the meeting if it's disgusting-looking, or just one of those little round band-aids with Clearasyl (sp?).
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Drawing poultice.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#15]
... adulthood
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Think "Belt sander".....................[;D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#18]
An 18 guage IV needle has worked wonders for me in the past. Make sure it's not near an artery though. [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#19]
A sterile needle, a pair of linesman pliers, and a whole lotta' paper towels.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
As a once designated medic, here is my analysis of zits.

Zits are composed 3 main components, the brain, the spine, and the spinal fluid. When popping a zit the first thing that comes out is a whitish gooey stuff along with a clear fluid. This is the spine and spinal fluid. Removing this will temporarily disable the zit but not get rid of it completely. To do so you must get out the brain, which is a solid opaque piece which may or may not contain a small hair. If only one hemishpere of the brain is removed and the remainder of is not extracted within a few minutes the zit "bunkerizes" i.e. swells up getting red and real painful. You can then squeeze all you want but only spinal fluid will come out and shock may result. When this happens you will either have to wait for the zit to go away by itself or wait for the brain to regenerate before a second popping attempt can be made.

Please remember my assistance when the hateful and baseless accusations are leveled against me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#22]
1 cup water, 1/4 tsp salt, make water as hot as you can stand, mix salt in, then for a blemish, use a cotton ball, and dip it in the water and hold it over the blemmish for a few minuites, repeate this multiple times.  the hot water will open up the pores, and the salt will pull out the infection.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I've also heard toothpaste dries them out.  Don't use the whitening stuff!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Rubbing alcohol (the 70% formula) has worked for me, but I've only tried that on less threatening, restricted-capacity, post-ban zits. Sounds like you've got a full-blown high-capacity, "assault zit". Alternate with a hot towel on the face.

I think I once tried the whole toothpaste thing - it's been awhile since I was 15 [:D] - and really don't remember if it worked that well. Especially overnight.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Try the gun that Pacino used in "Heat"
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Try the gun that Pacino used in "Heat"
View Quote

[LOL][LOLabove][LOL][ROFL2][ROFL]
Best answer I've seen all day.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#27]
seems strange, but i've had good luck with iodine
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
... adulthood
View Quote

Well frick, I'm 36 and still gettin zits every now and again.

Now go out and get some Clearasil.  They make and sell the stuff because it works.  Why waste time on home remedies that may or may not work?  I acutally use the Clean&Clear that uses salcylic acid instead of the Benzoil Peroxide.  Either works though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#29]
[url]http://www.acne.org[/url]

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#30]
What works for me (I am a greasy faced teen acne veteran), I take two Q-tips and use the ends to apply pressure.  No marks, no lost skin.  Do this after a hot wash cloth.  Follow up with hydrogen peroxide.  I haven't been doing that lately, now my face has red crusties.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top