Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 5:11:18 AM EDT
There was a segment about "Youth out of control".  The case being discussed was one where a black kid just ran up and punched this arty looking white kid.  His friend video taped it, likely so they could show their friends how ghetto they are...

The topic shifted from this case, to one of generalisim about why kids do this.  O'Riellys guest was some local professor of psychology or something.  When O'Rielly asked why things like this are happening across the country.  The guy responds quickly with "the fact that automatic weapons are easily available".  Huh?  I was a bit disappointed with O'Rielly, who is not pro gun, for not at least getting on him for spinning.  Happily, this guy looked enough like a typical left leaning apoligist, that most viewers will think that comment is as credible as the rest of the crap he was spouting.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:17:17 AM EDT
[#1]
i thought i was the only one that noticed that.  the guy was a putz.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#2]
erm, Oreilly only 'gets on the spin' that he personally disagrees with.  If it is something he agrees with it can and will be spun and spun.

I gave up watching the efin hypocrit a long time ago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:21:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
erm, Oreilly only 'gets on the spin' that he personally disagrees with.  If it is something he agrees with it can and will be spun and spun.

View Quote

Yep!  It get quite frustrating!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:25:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep!  It get quite frustrating!
View Quote

My wife and I both were stunned by the lack of response to the automatic weapons quote.  I used to enjoy Bill, but lately he has been sounding more whiney and not representing my conservative view very well.

He wants the gov. to intervene in many issues that suit his view point.  What he does not seem to get is if the gov. intervenes on his behalf the gov. must also intervene on the behalf of the liberal viewpoint.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree.  O'Reilly is a cunt.  I stopped watching him a while back.  I used to love his show and never miss it, but he changed.  If you watched his show regularly, you may remember back when he got on the celebrity's case about not speaking out about the 9/11 charities not delevering all the money.  He got in a sort of feud with many celebrities, namely George Clooney.  It was sometime around here that it seemed like he started saying BS that he thought was more 'moderate' and would appeal more to liberals, so he could claim he was in the 'center', instead of just saying what he honestly thinks.  

Plus, he developed a huge ego where he almost always has to cut the person off and berate them.  They could have a feces expert commenting on dog shit, and O'Reilly will undoubtedly cut him off midsentence and say something like "Are you telling me that all shit stinks?!  I don't know, Doctor, I saw a pile of shit in my front yard and I didn't smell a thing.  Don't spin the facts and tell me shit stinks."

Maybe it's just my imagination though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#9]
O'Reilly's not a Conservative or Liberal.

And why would he go off on a gun statement in an argument about punching youth?

CRC
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Because it's propaganda.  I've never had the opportunity to get my hands on an automatic firearm.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#11]
O'Reilly and McCain are visions of the future
makeups of republicans/conservatives (neo-cons). You people should just accept it and move on with your lives.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I surprisingly, since I don't watch O'Rielly, caught this piece as well.  I was pissed at that idiot psychology professor for saying that.  Typical liberal psychology rhetoric.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top