Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 7:40:38 PM EDT

[url=http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGA9I3A4UGD.html]Six Astros hand Yankees first no-hitter since 1958[/url]

A record six Houston pitchers combined on the first no-hitter against the New York Yankees in 45 years. It was the most pitchers ever to combine on a no-hitter in major league history.
[ROFL]

The Yankees had gone 6,980 games -- the longest streak in major league history -- without being no-hit,
[LOL]

"This is one of the worst games I've ever been involved in," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "It was a total, inexcusable performance." "I can't find a reason for what happened today," he said. "The whole game stunk."
[LOLabove]

[i]They even gave them an extra chance in the eight![/i]
Astros pitchers combined for [red]13 strikeouts, including [b]four[/b] by Dotel in the eighth[/red], which tied the major league record for an inning. Soriano reached during the inning when he struck out on a wild pitch.
[stick][stick][stick][stick]

[red]With Yankees' fans standing and applauding,[/red] Wagner pumped his fist as he stepped on first base to end it.
[ROFL2]

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
wow, just wow
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
They are looking and playing like shit these days.

There are a number of pitchers heads on the chopping block right now, starting with Andy "I am a has been" Pettite, along with Weaver and Acevado.

There will be some changes very soon, I guarantee it!

PS- At the very least, the Yanks are still WAY better than the NY Mutts [:)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Torre gave the other team absolutely no credit.  I can't stand that crybaby bullshit where it's "we played bad" and not giving the other guys any credit.

Gee Joe, maybe the Astros are just a better team, jerkoff.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#5]
No, I checked on it and the Astos are not a better team.  Nice try though!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No, I checked on it and the Astos are not a better team.  Nice try though!
View Quote

They were tonight, at least.  What did you check to arrive at your conclusion?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Torre gave the other team absolutely no credit.  I can't stand that crybaby bullshit where it's "we played bad" and not giving the other guys any credit.

Gee Joe, maybe the Astros are just a better team, jerkoff.
View Quote

Actually... ummmm. No.

Yankees who I disliked for a looooooong while earned my respect when Joe Torre and Derek Jeter showed good sportsmanship when they lost the AL championship to the Anaheim Angels.

Both gave the Angels MAJOR Kudos.

And I am a former New Yorker too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Sports section!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#9]
[url=www.nycjones.com/yankees/index.html]A Tribute To The 2002 Yankees[/url]

HEY YANKEES, ADD $21 MILLION FOR MATSUI AND $30 MILLION FOR CONTRERAS AND LET'S BLOW IT AGAIN IN 2003!

WOO HOO!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Woohoo!  Go 'stros!  I wish I'd have watched the game...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#11]
HEY YANKEE FANS......

[img]http://www.eatonlink.com/main/uploaded/FreakOnALeash/reds.jpg[/img]

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top