Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 6:00:55 PM EDT
My wife and I were talking with a neighbor whose husband was a sub commander in the Navy.  He was retired and died last fall from a heart attack.  She's still living alone across the street, and we occasionally see her or get to talk to her.

When her husband, Arland, was still on active duty they were living in Connecticut (Norwich or New London, I forget), and he was taking a new Trident sub out for its trials.  She said she asked him what day he would be doing the deep dive drills (that always being a worrisome test on a new sub), and of course he replied, "You know I can't tell you that."

One night, some time during the cruise, the wife was awakened by the sound of the house creaking and groaning, and this continued for some hours.  When her husband returned from the cruise she asked, "so, how did the deep dive go on..." and she gave the date the house made the mysterious noises.  Arland apparently exploded, "Damn it, who's letting out that information?  They know it's supposed to be classified."

I guess some ghost was letting her in on the schedule.  Pretty freaky, huh?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Spooky
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Disclaimer:  I'm not a hemp wearing, crystal worshipping loon sitting in the lotus position listening to John Tesh.

If one is receptive, it is kind of amazing the connection one can have with their loved one.  There have been many such occurances between my Love and I, some of which border on the eerie like Arland and his wife.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top