Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 10:10:40 AM EDT
I received a great thank you letter from Capt. Winters several months ago and have misplaced the envelope. I want to send him my Band Of Brothers box set for him to autograph.

Can anyone get me an address for Capt. Winters? If so, IM or email me.

Many thanks for the help and many thanks to all of the veterans that have defended my freedoms.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=190389[/url]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]
there are 12 listed in the Yahoo people search, do you know the city/state, and aprox age?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Uhh, I believe he was a Major...
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Invite him to Gunstock while your at it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
there are 12 listed in the Yahoo people search, do you know the city/state, and aprox age?
View Quote

Mid 80's. Derry Twp., Hershey Pa. area.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I got it, thanks guys. My request for an autograph on my BoB DVD set went out along with an invite for him to check out the site here AND I extended an invitation to Gunstock.

Cross your fingers, we'll see.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got it, thanks guys. My request for an autograph on my BoB DVD set went out along with an invite for him to check out the site here AND I extended an invitation to Gunstock.

Cross your fingers, we'll see.
View Quote

We ought to take up a collection and buy his ticket.  I'm a historian by avocation and I'd LOVE to take just a bit of his time to discuss a few things...like what was it really like at Brecourt Manor?  At Carentan?  At Bastogne?  Was Capt. Spiers really a cold-blooded assassin (Not that I really care...just my curiosity you understand!)?  Why didn't he just shoot Norman Dike?

They really were a great bunch.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I met Maj Winters last fall at our regimental mess. A truely awe inspiring individual. It was truely my pleasure to shake his hand. I think the years are finally catching up to him. I seriously doubt he would make a go to Gunstock but I know who would, Bill Garnier. That tough old SOB is still hopping around South Philly like a kangaroo on crack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top