Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2001 11:24:31 PM EDT
My neighbor and I went to the range the other day and I was taking pics of him shooting my HK USP.45 and this one turned out pretty cool I think.
[img]sites.netscape.net/a4xgatorusa/leeroyusp.jpg[/img]
All you flag lovers also note his shirt. Also note the shell just being ejected.

brian73
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Good reflexes with the camera shutter! [:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.petenelson.com/Photos/Events/Shooting/Shooting%2C%204-1-01/Chris%2C%20Ryan%20&%20Sargon%2002.jpg[/img]

I can't find the casing, it may have gone on a more downward path at this point.  But still kinda cool nonetheless.  Neat Pic, brian73
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:40:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Brian73,

I might be wrong, as the angle of the pic may be deceiving,  but it looks like your friend is holding the pistol incorrectly.

It looks like he is "teacupping" the handle of the gun (support hand UNDER the mag well).

Next time you take him out remind him that he will shoot more accurately if he holds the pistol like the 1st guy in sfoo's pic.

Cool pic.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Brian73,

I might be wrong, as the angle of the pic may be deceiving,  but it looks like your friend is holding the pistol incorrectly.

It looks like he is "teacupping" the handle of the gun (support hand UNDER the mag well).

Next time you take him out remind him that he will shoot more accurately if he holds the pistol like the 1st guy in sfoo's pic.

Cool pic.  Thanks
View Quote

Gene,
I think your right.  I've noticed him doing this before, but never said anything.  I'll tell him about next time we shoot.

brian73
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Brian, The surroundings in the pic look lke I have been there before. Was the pic shot at Harry's?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 2:23:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice to see a fellow "Gator" at the range!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#7]
BrianB,

I was thinking that looked like Harry's place too.

You guys do know that Gator's now have a new place to shoot?

GTR recently opened.  Have a membership application right here.  $165 annual, must be NRA member.  Contact Ron Shema @ 352-376-8806 or Brian Lane @ 371-3363.  Must be member or guest of one to shoot there.

Outdoor pistol and rifle ranges.  No skeet or trap I think.  Located in the industrial park, near UPS.

Check 'em out....
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey Brian, The surroundings in the pic look lke I have been there before. Was the pic shot at Harry's?
View Quote

Yes it is at Harry's range.  I have heard about the new range here in gainesville, but don't have a spare $165 right now, so for my big guns I go to Osceola.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#10]
There is a range in Grahm on 18 between brooker & 301 called the "Bradford county sprorts farm" it has a 300yd covered rifle range with 8 stations. a 75 yard pistol range (uncovered) skeet & sporting clays. not a bad place, A little out of the way, but membership for single is 100.00 $ family 150.00 or 11.00 daily
phone, (352) 485-2302.
I try to support all the local ranges they need as much as they can get. otherwise soon the only place we will have to soot is in your dreams. I mainly shoot the rifle range I like my Ar & M1A for those 300yd shots!!!! but I still shoot pistol for that up close & personal type stuff..
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:29:06 AM EDT
[#11]
As I looked at that pic I thought Harry's too, and then saw that you all beat me to it.

As for the new Gainesville Target Range, I would caution all of you in your dealings with Shema.  I also know that most if not all of you will disregard my warnings so that you can have a place to shoot, and I understand completely.  However, in my opinion, Shema is an egomaniac that built a range in Gainesville so that he could be both a local hero, and a martyr at the same time.  If any of you have ever spoken to him in purpose, you know that all he does is whine about how much he's sacrificed so that all of us can have a place to shoot.

My problem with him goes back to the beginning of this entire debacle, and more specifically to 8 months ago when I sent the man a check for $150, with promises of a range by November. Then November became January, and so on, until we just now have the range opening last week.  Problem being, I am now moving out of town, and won't be using the range, so it should be no problem that he's had my money for 8 months, earning interest on it, and now I should get a refund right?  Oh no, because the paperwork that you signed at that time said no refunds after the range opened, and the bastard dodged my calls for a month knowing full well that he was about to open, and could then keep my money.  Now he's apparently playing the waiting game since he knows I'm leaving town this Saturday.  What he doesn't realize is that I'll gladly drive 4 hours, get an attorney, and waste massive amounts of further time and money, just to get back my $150.  Maybe I'm just pigheaded like that.

At any rate, I caution all of you in your dealings with Shema (I'd actually like to see you not join, but I don't think that will happen), and highly recommend the Bradford County Sportsmans Farm that BrianB mentioned.  Its not run by egomaniacal little trolls, its run by good ole boys who just like to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Dont worry Norm, Im not going to join GTR, I'm not going to pay $165 when I can just use the free range in Lake City.  I like it and its never very crowded.

brian73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top