Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 2:03:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Well LT, the comics have been getting more and more PC over the years. Hell, Marvel even introduced a new comic with a gay cowboy for the lead character. I miss the old days of good comics.
Also, timelines and plots are usually never the same on movies and cartoons when compared to the original comic books. They usually create a side comic to accompany the movie or cartoon. So that may explain the different characters and plots. Remember, no one really ever dies in the comic books. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone remember that comic book "The Nam"?.... I've got the first couple issues that came out, including #1! Wonder if they're worth anything?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I have the first series somewhere.  Great comic and the equipment was well drawn.  It didn't amalgamate every tragedy or travesty, but focused on everyday patrols and firefights.  Great comic.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually green lantern changed like 3 times since hal jordan.
The next guy was Guy gardner and he went rogue for a bit and then got a different type of power ring, sort of like Sinestros. Then came another guy, can't remember his name right now,but it was a white guy with black hair, now it is the black guy, I think the guy before him didn't want to be green lantern any more, or some such.
Hal Jordan went insane trying to bring back Coast city or some such where his whole family died. Sucked up all the other lanterns power and had to be killed to stop him.

Hawkman died I believe. Hawkwoman was the wife.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am watching the new justice league and was really surprised.

Green Lantern is now a black guy. As I understand it, the original Green Latern died and this guy was the next one chosen. An ex-Marine.....
So my question is, what happened to the Green Lantern? How did he die?.....

Man I have been out of it. I remember watching justice league as a kid when the wonder twins were still on.
View Quote

Not sure how closely the cartoon follows the books, like Spectre said the books, cartoons & movies never agree.  Heck, the comic books themselves often contradict themselves or periodically "wipe the slate clean" because of all the confusing back history...."oh, that wasn't UberDude that married PowerWench, that was a clone UberDude created by the BlueMeanies to spy on the AllAroundOKGuys Of America.  The real UberDude has been in suspended animation in an undersea lab on Earth 2.1, weren't you paying attention?........."

Green Lantern is more of a position.  I think the black dude was a Green lantern who was based elsewhere & got moved/promoted to the ditrict that includes Earth.  Last time I read any funnybooks the GL was a younger white/asian kid who happened to be in the right place to get appointed.  The previous GL (the classic Silver Age Hal Jordan) having gone postal & killing off most all the GL Corps & Watchers.

It's been more than a few years back & DC might have RetCon-ed everything _again_ [rolleyes]

I never really was much of a fan of the pajama-police superhero genre (though I still have a certain level of lust for She-Hulk.....)  Most of the comics I read are smaller press stuff:  Poison Elves, Strangers In Paradise, Lenore.....  

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
No one ever dies in comics?? Yes, they do.

Hawkeye is dead. Forever.

Now, Ben Reilly, on the other hand...[;)]

J.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Justice League has two things going for it:

The way Wonder Woman is drawn.

The way Hawkgirl is drawn.

Both work well for my tastes.  

The best episodes have the two together.

I could go for a Hentai version.  Oh, yeah, baby!

Only one question:  Is that thing over Hawkgirl's face a mask, or a facial feature?    If it's a mask, why?  Is the upper half of her face ugly or something?   The bottom half looks just fine.

I liked it when it was on at 10 in the evenings, because I could actually watch it then.   Now that it's on at 5 PM, there's practically no chance because I'm usually working at that time.

CJ
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Hawkeye is dead, forever?  Cool!  I hated what they did to his character.  Keep in mind it has been almost a decade since I picked up a comic book.  I have 6000 or so still stored away, many of them with sigs from the writer/artist/editor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top