Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 10:21:00 AM EDT
Have you ever cut open an empty can of one of the above to see what the "widget" looks like?  I did this a few days ago to a Boddington's can.  The widget works well as a top, you know, the kind of top you spin on a flat surface.

Consider this your daily dose of useless knowledge.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The guinness can version of the space widget is a ball,  almost like a pingpong ball with a hole in it.  The guinness bottle version is sort of top shaped,  but with the fins on it, I don't imagine it spinning toowell.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You can get the Guinness ones out of the bottle by 1st emptying the bottl of ALL liquid contents, then with widget rattling around in the bottle violently whip it as if you were going to throw it. Stop at the bottom of your throw and the widget should be protruding through the neck of the bottle. I don't think they'll spin but it's worth a shot if you're drunk!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought the Murphy's one is a little translucent plastic cylinder.  Is that right?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#4]
nitro cans YUM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top