Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 9:41:52 AM EDT
[url=http://nypost.com/news/regionalnews/830.htm]Hero gun dad gets three days[/url]

Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Better than three months, but I still don't  live in a free society.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Like you said, it's better than three months.  Still total BS though.  Goetz for mayor!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
YAHOO!!!!!

This will not appear on his record, according to the report!  READ THE LINK!  

NYC jurors are finally coming to their senses!

A minor victory, but a victory nonetheless.

RKBA!

Edited to add.....

Quote from the article:  
Asked what he would change if he could to turn back the clock to that fateful night when he wounded Thompson, Dixon said: "I'd make sure I had a license first."

But Dixon would not be able to say [red]anything[/red] today, since he would be dead if he did not "illegally" posess that handgun.....

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
3 days??? What's the point? I guess that is the equivalent to a slap on the wrist.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
YAHOO!!!!!

This will not appear on his record, according to the report!  READ THE LINK!  

NYC jurors are finally coming to their senses!

A minor victory, but a victory nonetheless.

RKBA!
View Quote

Actually, the DA cut him a deal.  I wish I could share your enthusiasm, but this man should never have had to appear in court at all.  Had it been a jury he may not have spent any time.  Especially if I was on it.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
3 days??? What's the point? I guess that is the equivalent to a slap on the wrist.
View Quote

Facesaving for Brooklyn DA Charles Hynes, notorious cock.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#7]
otto,

please see my "semi retraction, by way of edit" above.

Too bad Thompson ain't "serving 3 days at Rikers" for being a lifetime criminal....

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#9]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
But Dixon would not be able to say [red]anything[/red] today, since he would be dead if he did not "illegally" posess that handgun.....
View Quote

exactly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top