Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 8:57:52 AM EDT
When I bought the house about a decade ago, we moved from an apartment. The guy in the apt next to me was working on some type of road crew and offered me dynamite boxes to pack my shit in. I was pretty grateful.

When we moved into the house, I unloaded my stuff into the garage and went back for another load.

Upon my return, I got a pretty interesting visit from the local LEOs, AND the bomb squad.

Seems a neighbor got nosey, looked in the garage through the window and pushed the panic button.

The 'mess' got cleaned up pretty fast, as this was long before the 1st WTC attack or the OKC attack.

Still,it really WAS a royal PITA.
Several years ago, I got another visit from the LEOs when kitty got sick, but that's another story.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#1]
So, when are you going to write a book with all your stories??
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So, when are you going to write a book with all your stories??
View Quote

It's funny, but almost all of us have had dozens of dumb things happen to us.

I'll admit that sometimes I go looking for mischief, but if you guys dig through your own mental files, You'd surprise yourselves with the amount of stuff that's happened to you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#3]
i don't think what you did was dumb at all. i think your neighbor was/is an idiot.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i don't think what you did was dumb at all. i think your neighbor was/is an idiot.
View Quote

Ditto.

I'd kick your neighbor's ass.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
but if you guys dig through your own mental files, You'd surprise yourselves with the amount of stuff that's happened to you.
View Quote

long...term...memory....dont....work...so....good...anymore
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#6]
If I really think about it, I have done some really stupid stuff.  I [b]try[/b] to forget it though.  I have kept a journal at times throughout my life and reading them now, I wonder why I did half the things I did.

I agree with racebaiter - your nosey neighbor was an idiot.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree, I have a lot of stories about things I've done.

But some people are better story tellers then others.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Not a good start for your 'relationship' with your neighbor.

What a putz.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Build a fake missle in the garage and see if the neighbor calls the cops again.

Shok
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Get back on the lithium, piccolo. What is that, 14 topics today?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate nosy neighbors
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Get back on the lithium, piccolo. What is that, 14 topics today?
View Quote

Just playing Catch-up before I go to sea.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Shok
View Quote

[rofl2]

Good advice there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shok
View Quote

[rofl2]

Good advice there.
View Quote

OK, the first time Kitty got sick, it was a trip to Cleveland for radioactive iodine treatment.

I was supposed to save the kitty litter seperate for 90 days and then toss it in the trash. I kept a trash can outside the garage door for that purpose. My pal, in a humorous mood, put a 'Nuclear Waste' sticker on it.

The pregnant woman a couple doors up saw the sticker and asked around.

"Maybe he has a nuclear powerplant in his basement and is selling electricity back to the power company," someone said to her.

She freaked and called someone.Her head spinning with visions of giving birth to a 3 headed kid or something.

Next thing, there's a LEO and 2 scientist types at the door.

The scientists took some readings, and opened the trash can. The aroma of weeks of kitty urine 'bout like to knock him out.

"Why dincha tell me you've got a sick cat?" he asked.

"You never asked me."

They left.

6-8 months later, the people moved out.

Now I COULD build a missle in the garage and nobody'd say squat.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#15]
heh. was worried about something similar happening several years ago, when I got (4) 40mm (large) Ammo cans for my reloading materials and rounds. Worried about nosy / casual viewers seeing a row of OD green cans. So I painted them a nice glossy midnight blue. They are pretty much invisible from the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Next time you take the SEC to the vet, put some "Biohazard" and "Laboratory Animal" stickers on the carrier. I've done it, and it's a real show-stopper.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#17]
That is funny stuff man. No kidding. I gotta watch out for the punk kids behind us who are always shooting BB guns our way.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:17:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh wait till you hear this one:

I was working in a restaurant where my boss had this clock that looked like 7 sticks of dynamite with a clock on it. He got it as a gift.

he didnt much care for it so on his way to the trash he said "You want it?" I said "sure"

i threw it in the back seat of my car and pretty much forgot about it. To make a long story short there was a security guard that walked the parking lot where I worked as a prep cook. He snooped through my tinted window. He must have pressed REAL HARD on my window because it was black. Like limo tint.

parking lot was for 3 restaurants and a hardware store. Big parking lot.... HUGE.

I was the last one to be evacuated.
Parking lot was EMPTY except for MY car.
3 different police preceints were there.
Fire Dept was there.
HUGE crowd of people across the street... the kind of crowd that waits for a thanksgiving day parade to come by.

Best part... nothing happened to me. Cops were pissed but about 4 weeks later I am at the mall and I see dozens of this clock at a novelty store.

Today, that crap would never fly. I would be in jail and that would be that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#20]
One of my past martial arts instructors used to teach self defense to the feds.  Because of this he was permitted to buy the realistic fake handguns and knives that were used in training.

He finished up teaching his class for the day and headed home.  Somewhere along the line he was pulled over for something really minor.  Cop started the approach to the car, looked at him and then in the back and about crapped in his pants.  

Instructor was removed from the vehicle and was then allowed to present his papers to several of the LEOs that showed up.  They apologised for the hassle and asked that he keep them in the trunk of the car whenever going anywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top