Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/9/2003 11:50:57 PM EDT
I'm having dinner with my co-worker Preston formerly of the 3rd Battalion, 75th Rangers, Alpha Company.  As it turns out, he is the voice of the officer in the "Sir, Yes Sir" mission!!  He had a friend working at Rockstar who asked him to do the voiceover.  So he is the one who is calling out "Move that civilian car!!" or "Corporal, get me some doughnuts!!"

How cool is that.  I feel bad that I've killed the officer a dozen times in the game.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#1]
That armed convoy didn't have a chance against the hail of RPG fire I unleashed.

I had a hell of time trying to rescue Lance in the "Death Row" mission.  After I left the junkyard they would crash into my car and that was it.

Someone suggested I fly a helicopter and land it in the junkyard so I stole a police chopper.  Flew right over those bastards!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:32:45 AM EDT
[#2]
That mission was so easy.  I did it on a moped with a mac10 they never new what hit them.  Did it on the first try.  I tried it again latter and they killed me in 2 seconds.  I really must have gotten luck the first time.
NoKarma
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't get any missions done now that I have the Apache to fly around in....

I just fly around shooting down airplanes and gunning down innocent people.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just fly around shooting down airplanes and gunning down innocent people.[:D]
View Quote

How did you get the Apache if you didn't complete the whole game?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]
To get the Apache you have to collect all 100 of the hidden packages. Do a search on the net for Vice City walkthroughs and that should help you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
To get the Apache you have to collect all 100 of the hidden packages. Do a search on the net for Vice City walkthroughs and that should help you.
View Quote

Thanks.

I swear I've been collecting hidden packages and the stats show 0.  BUt I did kill 827 people in 32 days.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:19:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, no you dont. I dont know what I did, but I have the Apache. You must be in a cop uniform to get in the compund without being assaulted.

The vigilante mission (Right toggle click) is even better than random shootin stuff up. You attack cars (like the cop car vigilante mission). The 20mm nose gun is auto aim IF you are close enough. The missles attract warrants. Get 3 warrants, here comes the cop bird. Shoot them with missles.

I have done 140 missions b4 getting wasted. The money goes up big time after 50 or so, I think I was getting almost a million per mission, rackin up BIG bucks REAL quick.

This game is the shit!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, no you dont. I dont know what I did, but I have the Apache. You must be in a cop uniform to get in the compund without being assaulted.

The vigilante mission (Right toggle click) is even better than random shootin stuff up. You attack cars (like the cop car vigilante mission). The 20mm nose gun is auto aim IF you are close enough. The missles attract warrants. Get 3 warrants, here comes the cop bird. Shoot them with missles.

I have done 140 missions b4 getting wasted. The money goes up big time after 50 or so, I think I was getting almost a million per mission, rackin up BIG bucks REAL quick.

This game is the shit!
View Quote

Sht!  I want the Apache!  All I have are stupid unarmed Mavericks and Police Mavericks.  I need a chain gun for the bastard police chopper when my wanted level hits five stars.

Where do you go when you need some quick money?

I go down to Little Haiti and Little Havana to rob the Haitian and Cuban gang members.  They always carry wads of cash.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:42:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I just moved into Staunton Island.

How do I steal a police car?  I just end up pissing off the entire precinct.  I'll take down about half of them then they multiply like Agent Friggin Smith.

I end up recreating a scene out of COPS.  I'm screaming through the city in either a Yakuza Stinger or a Taxi (after I blow up my own ride) then end up side swiping a minivan or something till I'm dogpiled by the man.

I'm about to shelf the game if I can't get passed this damn mission.  How do I steal a damn police car without alerting the entire nation!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:23:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How do I steal a police car?  I just end up pissing off the entire precinct.  I'll take down about half of them then they multiply like Agent Friggin Smith.

I end up recreating a scene out of COPS.  I'm screaming through the city in either a Yakuza Stinger or a Taxi (after I blow up my own ride) then end up side swiping a minivan or something till I'm dogpiled by the man.

I'm about to shelf the game if I can't get passed this damn mission.  How do I steal a damn police car without alerting the entire nation!
View Quote

You're playing GTA-3 non-Vice City right?

The only way to steal police cars without them getting on your ass is to get it from the front of the police station.  Though somtimes they will see you take it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#11]
from my son:

[url]www.cheatcc.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sht!  I want the Apache!  All I have are stupid unarmed Mavericks and Police Mavericks.  I need a chain gun for the bastard police chopper when my wanted level hits five stars.
View Quote

The only thing I can successfully get to shoot down the cop chopper is the grenade launcher (in the junkyard-8000 bucks) and the missles on the Apache. You shoot one down, you get money, another will come soon and your warrants will increase. I try to stay warrant free, like R/L, lifes easier. I go to paint shops fast and often.

Where do you go when you need some quick money?
View Quote

There is no decent amount of money quick. Finish the missions and buy real estate and collect there OR get the Apache and earn it REAL fast. I made my first 10 grand in a taxi. But with real weapons costing so much, you need big cash to be well armed.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
from my son:
View Quote

Yeah, sure.
[flame]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You're playing GTA-3 non-Vice City right?

The only way to steal police cars without them getting on your ass is to get it from the front of the police station.  Though somtimes they will see you take it.
View Quote

Oh....lol...yeah I guess I'm playing GTA3...not Vice city...my bad.  But thanks for the tip!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I never knew about the apache. I'll bet none of you know how to make that godzilla looking creature come out of the ocean and start trampling over the city?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I maxed out my money by doing the apache missions.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
POST PICS OF THE MONSTER!!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#18]
MY favorite part of the game is how you can bang a hooker, increase your health, then shoot her when you're done with her and get your money back.

Classic.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I think all you need to do to get the apache is to complete the mission that gives you access to the helicoptors (After RC heli mission I think) and then fly a heli to the rear of the military base and there she be, the apache.

Edited to say: you don't even need to shoot anyone to steal the tank in the "sir, yes sir" mission.

Just wait until the soldier leaves to get D-nuts
and the door is unlocked.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
MY favorite part of the game is how you can bang a hooker, increase your health, then shoot her when you're done with her and get your money back.

Classic.
View Quote

Shooting wastes ammo & might attract attention.  The baseball bat or nightstick works better.  The katana is nice but the ballbat/nightstick will knock somebody silly allowing you to pound on them.  The chainsaw is fun but you can't run worth a damn with it.  The saw will take the doors off a vehicle real quick, just the thing for stealing the locked police car or swat van parked in front of the police station (man, they really hate that!)  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Never read much about this game before...

Sounds like I've been missing something...

How much $$$ does it sell for at Best Buy or someplace like that?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I used to mini-gun in that mission, they didnt stand a chance.

That game is definately fun
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes you can get it at bestbuy. If you have a PS2 get it for that system over a PC. The price should be aobut $50
NoKarma
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm curious on why you'd recommend it on the PS2 over PC. I own both and the PS2 can't even touch the PC version.

The ability to listen to your own MP3's is worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I maxed out my money by doing the apache missions.
View Quote

How many missions did you do? When I got to 99 million, it just rolled another digit out there and counted over 100 million.

Or is this another GTA3 (NotVC) comment?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#27]
After you buy get the Mansion, a Sea Sparrow that can land on water and has a minigun will appear in the pool behind.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Now I'm having trouble recruiting Hillary for the bank job.  The guy drives like a maniac!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#29]
That is a hard one. I ended up stealing a Cheetah and leaving it by the bridge in the grass. Jump out of your crappy car and roll in the faster model. I also pulled a PIT manuver on him as we were coming into the finish line.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That is a hard one. I ended up stealing a Cheetah and leaving it by the bridge in the grass. Jump out of your crappy car and roll in the faster model. I also pulled a PIT manuver on him as we were coming into the finish line.
View Quote

Ah, good idea.  I tried putting three Rhino tanks to block his path on the bridge near the end but when I left to race the tanks disappeared.  I shot him too, mission over when he dies.

I also tried jumping out of my car at the start to blast his car when he takes off.  Bastards too fast for the RPG.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
After you buy get the Mansion, a Sea Sparrow that can land on water and has a minigun will appear in the pool behind.
View Quote

The Sea Sparrow only appears at the mansion if you've collected 80 hidden packages.  I love that helicopter, though [:)]

Quoted:

I just fly around shooting down airplanes and gunning down innocent people.
View Quote

You can also hack the people to death with the rotors of the helicopter if you skim close enough to the ground and bank just right.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:44:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Finally beat that bastard without any tricks.  I think a cop crashed into him.  I don't even know if he was behind me cuz I didn't look back!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:13:50 AM EDT
[#33]
If you get the sea sparrow behind the Diaz mansion, take off very gently and turn 180 degrees.  Then fly under the Diaz house into the swimming pool area.  If you get far enough in, being careful not to hit the columns, climb a little bit and you will pop into the house somewhat (you will scrape the ceiling doing this).  It's a bug -- if you push forward, you will enter a weird world where you actually fly UNDER vice city.  You can see the sunken boats etc. from close up as well as you can pop up anywhere in the city.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Update!

I beat the game and tried to jack the Apache at Ft. Baxter.  The army shot me up while I was taking off.

"I'll be back!"
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I can't beat the Keep your Friends Close mission. Mafia guys coming from everywhere! I tried blowing up the limos outside to see if that is where they were spawning from, but I didn't last long enough to find out.

I have been able to fly into the military compound once, but every other time they blow up my heli before I can land. The best way to get the Apache is to wear the cops uniform into the compound. They never even bat an eye. I tried fighting my way in and couldn't get it done.
tony
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#36]
The mini gun is very helpful in eliminating the mafiosos and the traitor.
I used the old Bell helicopter that you can get by riding the PJ600 motorbike on top of some houses, where the motorbike challenge thing ends. I crash landed the helicopter right next to the apache and got out without a scratch.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't beat the Keep your Friends Close mission. Mafia guys coming from everywhere! I tried blowing up the limos outside to see if that is where they were spawning from, but I didn't last long enough to find out.

I have been able to fly into the military compound once, but every other time they blow up my heli before I can land. The best way to get the Apache is to wear the cops uniform into the compound. They never even bat an eye. I tried fighting my way in and couldn't get it done.
tony
View Quote

at what point in the game does the apache appear in the base?  do you need all 100 packages or a certain % complete for it to appear there?  Im like 47% complete with about 25 or so packages and the army base is empty
View Quote

You have to beat the last mission "Keep your friends close".  After that you can get the cop uniform at the station and waltz right in and grab the Apache.  After that you strafe the hell out of the city.  Totally worth all the aggravation it took to get it IMO.

The other way to get the bird is to get 100 packages hidden all throughout the city.  A bit harder cuz you have to look everywhere.  Hell, I only found three packages.

[red]I think 60% will trigger the last missions.  Go back to the Print Works to find the pink glow.[/red]

[red]You have to have certain properties and assets before the last missions will trigger:

- Print Works
- The Malibu
- Tommy Vercetti
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

tony
View Quote

The bad guys never stop coming.  I had more than a few rockets for them but they still came.

After the last mission starts keep wasting the dudes that rush your office.  After about fifteen dead dudes the screen will tell you to get Lance.  Lance is on his way up to the roof where the helipad is.  Carefully go up to the roof and waste everyone up there.  There are those red barrels so try to blow them up first.  There's also an adrenaline shot and health heart up there.  After you waste Lance the game will tell you that they're stealing the money from your safe.  When you're inside your office again waste a few more dudes then run outside and waste Sonny.  I ran into that little room which directly to the right when you walk in the front steps.  I used a few rockets and took care of them.  The mission will then be over.  Don't forget to save your game so you don't have to go thru hell again.

[red]I think Sonny is the dude wearing white but I'm not sure.[/red]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#40]
If you get 100 hidden packages, the Apache is found on the South end of the east island, by the house with the heliport.  If you finish the last mission it is at the army base.  If you do both it can be found at either one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
i think the only misison i have left is the ones at the night club. all of my properties have lost the glowing tube and the cuban restaraunt jobs are done
View Quote

Cuban restaurant?  Where's that?

The only Malibu mission that's pretty hard is the driving one.  Hillary drives like a maniac!

Oh ya, right now I'm hovering over the beach wasting anything that moves.  I'll be expecting the JBT's to show up any second now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
i think the only misison i have left is the ones at the night club. all of my properties have lost the glowing tube and the cuban restaraunt jobs are done
View Quote

The night club missions are the hardest in the game.  Do the following:

- On the mission where you have to rescue cam from VCPD, as soon as you swipe the jail cell card to free him run like hell leaving him behind and get to a pay and spray.  You can then come back, waltz in pick him up and drive casually to his house.

- On the race Hilllary mission -- good luck.  It took me 30? 40? 50? tries before I luckily won after a PD car knocked him off course.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Nevermind about landing a helicopter by the apache. It worked the first time, but hasn't since then.
Isn't there a hotel someplace?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#45]
i have only played it a couple times on my brother's PS2.  i am downloading it now for my PC.  [;)]  had to add this to MAT to take advantage of all this info.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Did you guys know that when you complete the game (100%), you get 200 health and armor, unlimited ammo, and double the health for cars?

Its not easy to complete the game, but all you have to do is go over everything with a fine tooth comb.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Did you guys know that when you complete the game (100%), you get 200 health and armor, unlimited ammo, and double the health for cars?

Its not easy to complete the game, but all you have to do is go over everything with a fine tooth comb.
View Quote

I didn't know that.  BUt I'm still flying around in an Apache looking for things to destroy.  You can even destroy that stupid prop-plane flying the banner.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Learning how to strafe ground vehicles with the Apache is a great skill/
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Learning how to strafe ground vehicles with the Apache is a great skill/
View Quote

It sure does.  

Does the hellfire take out tanks?

I'm about to try it out right now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:59:50 PM EDT
[#50]
I bet you guys also didn`t know some of this:

-Everytime you complete a vigilante mission, your vehicle automatically repairs.  I`v gotten all the way up to level 407 on the vigilante levels with the Apache.  While I was flying around in that chopper, a tank ran into me while I was flying low and I didn`t explode. When I landed, I wanted to test this even more and fired rockets at the chopper.  It took three rockets to blow it up.

-You can go "under Vice City." You need a Sparrow (preferably the Sea Sparrow) to get there. Once you have one, go to the back of the mansion and fly over the pool that is under the mansion.  The farmost part of theceiling over the pool is hollow, so you can fly over it and end up under VC.  While under VC, you can check out all the neat stuff under water and there is a neat picture inside the Ammunation in the Downtown area.

-If you are being chased by the law, all you need to do is shoot at their vehicles and they will stop chasing you (unless the vehicle is a tank).

-You can get rid of tanks with either flamethrowers or molotovs because tanks aren`t fireproof.

-If you put a boat or a chopper through the repair shop, it will come out with wheels.

-At night, one of the hotels near the Malibu Club will have certain lights on. The lights will form... well, go ahead and look for yourself. You`ll know it when you see it.

-If you shoot the moon with the sniper rifle, it gets larger.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top