Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 8:06:08 PM EDT
It's so bad it's fascinating.  The sets were built by a bunch of pre-schoolers.  The scripts were written by pre-pre-schoolers.  And the costumes were designed by cocker spaniels recovering from head injuries.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You think THAT'S bad? Switch over to the Sci-fi channel, and take a gander at that show with the puppets; they should use that one for interrogation...

Remember that show "UFO"? It was kinda bad, except for the chicks with the purple hair.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
And that's worse than any current prime-time network sitcom because......
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Point taken.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked the ones with Tom Baker.

Or course I was pretty young at the time, and probably easily entertained, that and I didn't have cable back then...

K9 rocked!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Point taken.
View Quote

Actually I was writing in response to marvl's initial post.  But it's nice to know that I can make a point around here every once in awhile, even if it is inadvertently.
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is "Dr. Who" the worst TV show of all time?
View Quote

[LOL]

Quoted:
You think THAT'S bad? Switch over to the Sci-fi channel, and take a gander at that show with the puppets; they should use that one for interrogation...
View Quote

Man, you've gotta check out Thunderbirds on [url=http://www.techtv.com/thunderbirds/]TechTV[/url] channel. The commentary at the bottom of the screen (ala VH1's popup bubbles) is funny as hell.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked Dr. Who when I was a kid. I dreamt of building my own Tardis. Third graders aren't as critical of their television.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#10]
"Dr Who" the worst TV show of all times? Pfft, that show isn't even a contender for that title.

May I represent...

CZTEREJ PANCERNI i PIES (Four Tank Soldiers and one dog)
[img]http://www.jsp.alpha.pl/film/pancerni/fotos/fotos01.jpg[/img]

Four Polish soldiers scamper over the Eastern battlefields of WW2. Armed with nothing but a T-34 with a shortened cannon and accompanied by their trust mongrel dog, they, and they alone, defeat the cruel German hordes.
Poland, 1966, 1969, 1970

Lindenstrasse
(German take at 'Coronation Street', but even more boring.) Watch the pudgy, ever-worrying housewife, the annoying kids, and the stick-up-their-ass neighbor and the pissy, snitching housekeeper live their boring lives.
Since 1985
[img]http://online.wdr.de/online/lindenstrasse/650/img/650a.jpg[/img]
"Oh mein Gott! I forgot to cut the kids' lunch into pleasant triangles!" - "It's OK, Liebchen, they'll make it, I hope."

And then there's always Star Trek...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Ya had to be high to enjoy Dr. Who.
[8P]
AB
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I have every episode from the John Pertwee incarnation through Peter Davidson, including ALL of the Tom Bakers (yes even the "Shada" episode that got fucked up because the BBC went on strike).  I stayed up every Sunday night for three years taping them off of WTTW (right after fat-assed, quad chinned Dick Calloway's lame assed show).  This was back when I lived in Chicago. I used to own one hell of a Doctor Who toy collection, but sold it all to buy guns.  In my opinion, the BEST science fiction series of all time is Babylon 5!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I think Dr. Who was shown on KCET Channel 28(a PBS station) in L.A. Calif. on Sat. mornings awhile back. I personally enjoyed them myself. I was sorry that they don't show them anymore.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I would rather watch Dr. Who than the glut of stupid reality t.v. shows on today. The lamest one has to be the "who wants to be a model" show on UPN. Posing with a snake is considered an "extreme photo session"? Bullshit. I want to see bukkake and gang bang photo sessions. Now that is extreme.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#15]
In my opinion, the BEST science fiction series of all time is Babylon 5!
View Quote

I concur.  The characters and plots set a new standard.  I could miss an occasional episode of one of the various Star Trek episodes, but B5 was an addiction.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would rather watch Dr. Who than the glut of stupid reality t.v. shows on today. The lamest one has to be the "who wants to be a model" show on UPN. Posing with a snake is considered an "extreme photo session"? Bullshit. I want to see bukkake and gang bang photo sessions. Now that is extreme.
View Quote

Gee!  I think we know where you've been surfing when your not around here! [spank]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I used to watch Dr. Who all the time.  I don't watch it as much anymore, mostly because I don't have a TV, but I really enjoyed it when I did watch it.  Sure it was incredibly low-budget, but it was still a heck of a lot of fun to watch.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#18]
You guys've got it all wrong...

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Nah, Dr. Who was, as shows go, pretty entertaining.  There were, and are, many MANY shows that are far worse.  Just take a look at Fox(or CBS, or NBC, or ABC, or....) and it'll be hard not to find a worse show.  Dr. Who may have been cheap and fairly campy, but it fun to watch.

Quoted:
Ya had to be high to enjoy Dr. Who.
[8P]
AB
View Quote

Hey, I resemble that remark!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#20]
The Tom Baker incarnation of Dr. Who featured good-for-the-era UK babes.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#21]
MY nominations for the Worst TV Show:

The Time Tunnel
Land of the Giants
The New People
Kung Foo (or whatever the correct spelling was)
Almost any Game show
Anything with Joan Rivers
Almost any Don Rickles show
Land of the Giants
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers (The TV Show; Not the movie)
That Early 80’s show about Paratroopers.  I’m glad I forget the name.
Call to Glory
Pistols and Petticoats
The Girl With Something Extra (Note to Sally Field: We really, really didn’t like you)
The Jerry Lewis Show (NOT his telethon)
Operation Petticoat
Broadside

Give my time and I’ll probably think of a couple of other Nominations.
If you’ve never heard of some of these shows; Be glad.  Many never finished Season One.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Worst TV show would have to be Chris Elliot's thankfully short-lived comedy "Get A Life," or any professional wrestling.

The only TV shows I like/liked besides news and sports:

Seinfeld
Homocide: Life on the Street
The Sheild
Boomtown
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In my opinion, the BEST science fiction series of all time is Babylon 5!
View Quote

I concur.  The characters and plots set a new standard.  I could miss an occasional episode of one of the various Star Trek episodes, but B5 was an addiction.

View Quote

Still IS an addiction. I just bought a game off of Ebay because I found a really-cool looking B5 total cxonversion for it. I always wanted to fly a Starfury......

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Most programming on the air now is simply sh*t masquerading as entertainment.

That's part of the reason we dropped expanded cable. It wasn't worth it, so why pay for it.

There are too many other things to do that are more constructive or fun.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"Dr Who" the worst TV show of all times? Pfft, that show isn't even a contender for that title.

May I represent...

CZTEREJ PANCERNI i PIES (Four Tank Soldiers and one dog)
[url]http://www.jsp.alpha.pl/film/pancerni/fotos/fotos01.jpg[/url]

Four Polish soldiers scamper over the Eastern battlefields of WW2. Armed with nothing but a T-34 with a shortened cannon and accompanied by their trust mongrel dog, they, and they alone, defeat the cruel German hordes.
Poland, 1966, 1969, 1970
View Quote

Ogottherrjemine- you must have grown up in East Germany. Nobody in the West would have been caught dead watching that shit....

Lindenstrasse
(German take at 'Coronation Street', but even more boring.) Watch the pudgy, ever-worrying housewife, the annoying kids, and the stick-up-their-ass neighbor and the pissy, snitching housekeeper live their boring lives.
Since 1985
[url]http://online.wdr.de/online/lindenstrasse/650/img/650a.jpg[/url]
"Oh mein Gott! I forgot to cut the kids' lunch into pleasant triangles!" - "It's OK, Liebchen, they'll make it, I hope."
View Quote

I disagree with you- the all-time WORST TV series EVER ANYWHERE has got to be "Die Schwarzwaldklinik"
[url]www.schwarzwaldklinik.de.gs/[/url]

[img]http://www.planet-interkom.de/home/carsten.herkenhoff/klaus4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.planet-interkom.de/home/carsten.herkenhoff/kw3.jpg[/img]

Truly the tackiest medical soap opera ever to be beamed out into space, and to unsuspecting Germans and Austrians who lapped it up like it was Shakespeare. Watching it made me hunger for the artistic vision and emotional quality of "General Hospital". If there are indeed aliens in outer space, probably the first place they will destroy when they come to Earth will be Germany, for having transmitted this brain-destroying glop into the galaxy....

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If there are indeed aliens in outer space, probably the first place they will destroy when they come to Earth will be Germany, for having transmitted this brain-destroying glop into the galaxy....
View Quote

That and Ramstein videos. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#27]
No, I think Fraggle Rock is the worst show of all time.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I gotta go with HR Puffinstuff, gave me stomach pains as a kid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top