Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2001 7:57:14 PM EDT
Hope you had the opportunity to take your new DSA for a spin this weekend.  Let's hear about it!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:35:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hope you had the opportunity to take your new DSA for a spin this weekend.  Let's hear about it!
View Quote

Cope-

I just buy guns. I don't actually shoot them. [:D]

Seriously, I' ve got this M1 that I have had for over 6 months, and still haven't shot yet.

Didn't get the DSA out yet, but it IS a beauty. I had my M4gery and my DSA sitin' on 'pods in the LR this weekend, and the DSA is REALLY a fine lookin' rifle.

Once I crank her up, I'll post a report.

I DID get my Mossberg 590 out this weekend, and went hunting - for bumble bees. There was a big mess of them around a puddle, so I gave 'em some heavy field load. Not much left to eat, tho.... [:D]

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I just buy guns. I don't actually shoot them. [:D]
View Quote

Blasphemy!

Once I crank her up, I'll post a report.
View Quote

So much for waiting on that day to arrive.  I can't put it off any longer.  I'm headed towards the blacktop to find a post office.  I just spoke with DSA, and the gal tells me 2 weeks backorder at this point.  I imagine the recall is going to slow them down a bit.  At this rate, I wil STILL send lead down range before you do. [8D]  

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just spoke with DSA, and the gal tells me 2 weeks backorder at this point.  I imagine the recall is going to slow them down a bit.  At this rate, I wil STILL send lead down range before you do. [8D]  

View Quote

'

Sad, but true.  [>Q]

I keep telling my wife that I buy guns as an investment, and they will be my retirement fund.

I'm 34 right now. At this rate, they'll STILL all be in pristine condition by the time I retire.

AS a bit of good news, in the not too distant future, I'll have both a 40 yd and a 100 yd range set up at the house. Someday...someday....
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I also keep telling my wife they are an investment, but I can't seem to grasp the idea of selling them once I retire.  Maybe that part will come to me one day.  I just turned 34 myself, and I just can't seem to resist the urge to play with my new goods. [:I]  

Sounds like we are on the right track.  I just put together an all Colt preban M4gery myself, and also have the Mossberg 590A1.  Can't say that I have tried it on bumble bees just yet.  So many goods to gather, yet so few resources.....

I have some excellent backstops around home myself. (read as steep banks).  I just need to build up a couple of shooting tables/stands, and I will be set up to at least 100 yards.  I do live out in the country, but the city folk are working their way in my direction every year.  It has been a few years ago, but I have had the coppers show up out of the blue while innocently shooting AK semi-auto rapid fire on my own property.  Makes a fella want to head for higher ground sometimes.

On another note, we should get a group of upstate SC and WNC shooters together for a blast off one weekend.  I'm sure we could convince Garand Shooter to join in.  He's just up the road a piece.

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It has been a few years ago, but I have had the coppers show up out of the blue while innocently shooting AK semi-auto rapid fire on my own property.  Makes a fella want to head for higher ground sometimes.

On another note, we should get a group of upstate SC and WNC shooters together for a blast off one weekend.  I'm sure we could convince Garand Shooter to join in.  He's just up the road a piece.    
View Quote

Unfortunately, these dang city slickers keep moving out to the country, and then try to turn the country into the city. Grrrrrrrr....

Worse, teh cops HAVE TO respond to every Rosie-watching soccer mom that hears a little noise coming from three miles away. Not the cops fault, I guess....

I'm DEFINITELY IN for a Carolina shoot. All we needs is a place to shoot.

There's another Greenville-ian who wants to throw some lead with me, so I'm pretty sure he would be up for it also.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]
You know it Garandman!! I stocked up at Knob Creek with some blastin' ammo so I am ready to do some rock and roll.

Speaking of Knob Creek look at my post about it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't keep a new gun virgin.  It must be fired within 24 hours of purchase.  Tradition here!.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just spoke with DSA, and the gal tells me 2 weeks backorder at this point.  I imagine the recall is going to slow them down a bit.  At this rate, I wil STILL send lead down range before you do. [8D]  

View Quote

Yipppeeee! One more week to go for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top