Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 7:36:55 AM EDT
Requesting prayers!! Being an extreme fat ass, I am changing my lifestyle today. I have been fat my whole life. I have been on every diet in the book. I know the only true way to get the job done is to eat small meals and exercise. I can say that because I lost 100lbs 6 years ago doing just that. I kept it off for three years. I really dont know why I got lazy and gained it back. I suspect my love for beer and bbq had something to do with it [:D] I wont be posting as much because I need to get my fat ass of this computer and back to the real world. Maybe I will post some before and after pics in a few months. It will be a drastic change. Anyway, if your are so inclined, say a prayer for me. I need to live, for my children and my wife. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent.

go for it!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]
You got the right idea now. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Good luck and stick with it. Put a pic of your family in your pocket and look at it and remember why.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#3]
pics
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Prayers out.

You can do it. I did.

I was 216lbs. I'm 5 foot 7.

I dropped 70lbs. It took me almost a year. Its been three years, and I have kept it off.
I bike alot, and lift.

Good luck Dave.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck man, we'll all be pulling for you. You can do this! Good luck. Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I need to live, for my children and my wife.
View Quote

There's your reason and encouragement.

I'll remember to pray for you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Good Luck and hang in there.

Have you ever wondered where the fat you lose goes?  I have been steadily gaining over the past 10 years.  I guess somebody near me has been losing.

Good luck, but stay away from me until you're done.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Got you covered.

And thanks for making me feel guilty for my sedentary, self-indulgent lifestyle.  Looks like I need to start exercising too. (Hey- where's my belt go?!)
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds, like you are on the right path.  In addition to the diet and excercise, the next biggest factor is attitude.  That attitude that you must have is that you will lose weight, period.  Not that you will try, work at it, or see what you can do instead the attitude of the time has come and I will lose the weight.  It sounds like you have that attitude, just make sure you keep that up as well.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#11]
You gonna try Atkins? It can give you a real jumpstart that helps with motivation. I'm a convert- down 50 pounds in three months and that was four years ago.

Diet and exercise. Say it three times with me...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Requesting prayers!!
View Quote
Not a praying man, but good luck to you!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Prayer sent. Good luck in your quest.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the replies and encouragement!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#15]
dave223

will do on the prayer

Where you at in TX? Need a partner to loose some pounds with?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Requesting prayers!! Being an extreme fat ass, I am changing my lifestyle today. I have been fat my whole life. I have been on every diet in the book. I know the only true way to get the job done is to eat small meals and exercise. I can say that because I lost 100lbs 6 years ago doing just that. I kept it off for three years. I really dont know why I got lazy and gained it back. I suspect my love for beer and bbq had something to do with it [:D] I wont be posting as much because I need to get my fat ass of this computer and back to the real world. Maybe I will post some before and after pics in a few months. It will be a drastic change. Anyway, if your are so inclined, say a prayer for me. I need to live, for my children and my wife. Thanks.
View Quote

Dave223,
You have said everything I have been thinking for months. I need to loose this 100 pounds of killer fat myself. You guys say a little prayer for me also and mybe I'll post some before and afters. Dave223, feel free to email me for support, this is going to be tough!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Get a physical job.  Put a profit motive on your weight loss!
View Quote

Amen to that DoubleFeed!  I did just that six weeks ago.  Lost 15lbs the first month, and that's without changing my diet at all.  I'm at 20lbs gone now.  Feels good when you tighten up another hole in the belt[:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Prayers sent!  You've got great reasons for doing it, so I know you will be successfull!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Requesting prayers!!
View Quote
Not a praying man, but good luck to you!
View Quote

Ditto......

I could loose a lb or two myself.....

Hmmm
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#20]
You're in my prayers.  I need to do the same thing you're doing.....
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#21]
One more prayer.  I need to drop about thirty pounds but haven't found the will power yet.  I think I'll start today.  Is there a sport you like.  Tennis is mine. I used to play four times a week and it kept me pretty slim.  Now I'm lucky if I get two games a month in.  Fun exercise does seem to work best for me though. Can't stand running.  Good luck.  And taking time off the computer is never a bad thing, just check in every once in a while.  This place is like a soap opera.  You can not watch for a year and come back and it is pretty much the same. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Dave,

You've got the right attitude.

Prayers sent, go for it. The picture idea is a great! Keep focused on why you want to lose the weight. It will help you achieve your goals. Set realistic goals, strive to meet them.

You're on your way to better health and a better life.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I am back from my first 1 1/2 mile walk run that dave223 inspired. Got a good 30 that I need to drop and I am going to do it now.

(fat guys anonymous)

Hello, my name is mzzlebrk and I am fat.

Hello mzzlebrk

This thread inspired me. The good physical job would be nice but the career move just ain't possible, so I guess it's morning or evening exercise for me.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Prayer: May the benevolent spirit of Saint Atkins watch over you.

Seriously- eat all the BBQ you want. Just make your own sugar free sauce.

You can ever have BEER after a while.      (Mich-Ultra)

Most importantly- you will feel great

-30lb in 3 months and converted for life.  About the only thing I miss are the Bagels
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Dave, been there, done that!!  I'm 43 years old, 6'2" tall, weigh 275 and have high cholesteral and borderline high blood pressure.

I need to lose about 60 pounds myself and will start my diet soon.  

I'm going to do a 10 day "cleanse" and then go straight from that into the Atkins diet.  For exercise I'll start walking and riding my bicycle until I can get down to a weight that I can start running at again.

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Just remember:  Prayer is not a substitute for self discipline.  

Without self discipline, you won't lose an ounce.

A few tips that help in weight loss:

Your largest meal of the day should NOT be dinner.  Breakfast or lunch.

Don't eat anything, especially not snacks, after dinner.

Resist the second helping.  

Take smaller servings.

Remember that the stomach's "full sensor" takes time to work.   If you eat until you feel full, then you've over-eaten.   Better to eat about 2/3rds of what you think is enough and then go do something else for a while.   You will discover that you will soon become quite satisfied with the amount you've eaten and won't really want to go back and have more.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Going to Gunstock?
Maybe you can set a goal to acheive by then :)
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Being an extreme fat ass, I am changing my lifestyle today.
View Quote
that's what it takes.  you've made the right decision already.  it's never about the diets, or the workout plan.  it's the lifestyle.  once you adopt a lifestyle of fitness, it becomes a matter of just that:  lifestyle.

thanks for being proactive, and you're definitely in my prayers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#29]
WOW. Thanks again for all the great replies, support, and prayers. A couple of people mentioned Atkins. Although Atkins produced really good results for me at one time, I find it very difficult to maintain. The one thing that works for me is structure and the realization that food is there to sustain me, not to entertain me. I eat lots of fruit, a deli select turkey sandwhich for lunch, and a chicken breast with rice and a veggie for dinner. No more cokes, lots of water. No eating after 7pm. Finding something to do instead of firing up the pit and sitting around it drinking beer on weekends will be the real challenge [:D]. Walks in the morning and evenings until I get stronger. For those that offered to partner up, I might take you up on that in the future. Right now I have to (re)train myself.

I hate to bump this up again.....I promise I am not an ATTENTION WHORE....LOL..But I wanted to respond to all the great replies and tell all of you ... Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I will keep you in my prayers.  Wishing you much success!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top