Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2003 8:37:37 PM EDT

Has anyone else seen this show?  It ran two episodes back to back from 11:00 to 12:00 on the SciFi channel.  I thought it was terrific, and LMAO the whole way through.

In this show, they producers stage frightening events for unsuspecting victims.  I have heard of a few other shows like this, but never caught one until now.  The first skit was a girl starting her first day at a new job in a doctor's office.  Before she new it she was assissting in an illegal organ harvesting operation just as the patient's girlfriend walked in looking for him!  I love it.

The second episode had a couple of partygoers in a limo take a "shortcut"  through Area 51.  Before they new it, APCs and jeeps were after them, firing M60s, with preset explosions going off around the limo!  It was awesome, and by awesome I mean totally sweet.  Catch it if you can.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just waiting for one of the "victims" to bust Shannon Dougherty right in the mouth when they find out that they've been had.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Several skits have been funny as hell, but something about the show has pissed me off and I've been skipping it lately.  Don't know why I don't like it, lol...

Best prank I saw was one with a hitchhiker who they made it appear was a deranged killer (damn convincing decapitated head in a bag, complete with real maggots and flies which the riders in the car discover after the hitch gets out to use the bathroom, and takes the car keys...).  In the end the hitch starts stabbing the driver (in on the prank), and the passenger not in on the prank starts beating the crap outta the hitch, lol...  He was scared shitless and shaking but got in a solid 4-5 hits to the back of the hitch's head, lol.  Classic
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm just waiting for one of the "victims" to bust Shannon Dougherty right in the mouth when they find out that they've been had.
View Quote

I'm waiting for Shannen Doherty to get naked.[naughty]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Great show and all, but I think its already on its way out.

Have you seen the one where the lady shoots the guy dressed up as a wherewolf?  You could easily tell it was fake when her pistol wouldn`t cycle and no casings would fly out while shooting multiple shots.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait til they play one of their jokes on someone with a CCW that takes their security seriously.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
> Wait til they play one of their jokes on
> someone with a CCW that takes their security
> seriously.

So what is the recommended defensive load for Shannon Doherty dressed as a big foot?

heh
Phil
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:18:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wait til they play one of their jokes on someone with a CCW that takes their security seriously.
View Quote

Not going to happen.  I'm sure that show thoroughly screens people to make sure they aren't carrying weapons or have heart conditions.  Too much liability if they didn't.  There was the one episode where a victim started beating the shit out of a supposed deranged/murderous hitchhiker from the back seat of a car.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:26:37 AM EDT
[#8]
They made 4 or six shows and show them over and over and over..............
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:40:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Somebody will get hurt or killed........

Then we will see how "Funny" it is.

Hope their insurance is paid up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:42:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, like Tremors, Scare Tactics was a mid-season/off-season replacement.  If they do well, I'm sure they'll make more.

BTW, did they finally can that fraud that could supposed talk to the dead?

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#11]

So what is the recommended defensive load for Shannon Doherty dressed as a big foot?

heh
Phi

This should do it
[img]http://www.mipt.vcu.edu/img/a-bomb-washing-lq.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:04:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So what is the recommended ... load for Shannon Doherty... ?

heh
Phil
View Quote

Heh indeed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top