Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2003 1:49:19 PM EDT
I got a lter on friday from NRA called final notice, with info and stuff to join at $25 for one year.  I quess Im going to sign up its been on the list for awhile now.  Just wondered who else got one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I *ALWAYS* get crap from them.. Publisher's clearinghouse sends less. Still, it is a good cause.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a letter saying that I can get a free membership if i am approved for a NRA credit card. and I get a free gift. win win??
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I got a letter saying that I can get a free membership if i am approved for a NRA credit card. and I get a free gift. win win??
View Quote

I wish I got that one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a Life and Endowment member.  It sure cuts down on the mail from headquarters.

Try it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya I got one to. I have been planning on joining, so it was great timing but I don't know how the hell they knew I was a gun owner since i've never had had any contact with them what so ever.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ya I got one to. I have been planning on joining, so it was great timing but I don't know how the hell they knew I was a gun owner since i've never had had any contact with them what so ever.
View Quote

Do you get Shotgun News or any other gun magazine?  The NRA buys their mailing lists.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Only from the newstand. Although I am on Bushmasters mailing list.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here dont even get any gun mags.  I get my catalogs from places I have ordered from, sheaper then dirt and stuff.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I hate that crap.  I get renewal notices starting 6-8 months before my annual membership expires.

Combine that with all the junk mail they send - money pleas, insurance offers, and God knows what else - I could heat my house with my little 35 dollar a year subscription.  If it says NRA/ILA, I don't bother opening it.

That is not as bad as those fundraising phone calls.  You know, the ones where they play a recording of Wayne Lapierre ranting about liberals wanting to take our guns, our way of life, away.  The ones, when you filter out all the crap say *nothing* and expect you to pony up with money.

How do they expect anyone to take them seriously?  I want to think my dues do some good, but I wonder.    
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hate that crap.  I get renewal notices starting 6-8 months before my annual membership expires.

Combine that with all the junk mail they send - money pleas, insurance offers, and God knows what else - I could heat my house with my little 35 dollar a year subscription.  If it says NRA/ILA, I don't bother opening it.

That is not as bad as those fundraising phone calls.  You know, the ones where they play a recording of Wayne Lapierre ranting about liberals wanting to take our guns, our way of life, away.  The ones, when you filter out all the crap say *nothing* and expect you to pony up with money.

How do they expect anyone to take them seriously?  I want to think my dues do some good, but I wonder.    
View Quote

NRA/ILA  Pffft.   ILA stands for Institute for legisative Action...what action!!!  [:(!]
NRA should be screaming at the top of their lungs about Bush's "support" of AWB renewal...GOA gets my money  [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top