Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 11:49:27 AM EDT
I find it odd (well, maybe not) that the gubment hasn't released the name of the pilot who nosedived into that LA apartment building. Is his name something like Joe Smith?

Or maybe, just maybe, something like Mohammed Al Peckerlicker? Oh, that's right, it's just another isolated incident....
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
pilot Jeffrey T. Siegel
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Fair enough. Sure as hell looked deliberate.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#3]
i would like to know why the press isn,t talking about this?
gov't most what to keep a tight lip on it to keep it from becoming a national panic.
so i think if it was a regular joe blow it would be on the news since it is not on the news,what are they trying to hide?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
pilot Jeffrey T. Siegel
View Quote

That is an israeli name. Being that the day of the crash it was a jewish holiday, could it be that he was making a political statement?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
pilot Jeffrey T. Siegel
View Quote

That is an israeli name. Being that the day of the crash it was a jewish holiday, could it be that he was making a political statement?
View Quote

I don't believe it was intentional or a terrorist act. A small apartment building has no political or strategic value. I would venture a guess that since the plane went straight in the pilot was unconscious for one reason or another.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Whoa...

It was just a plane crash...

They happen all the time... We just had one today in WI, where some guy got stuck in fog and lost track of the surface (came in too low)...

He could have been medically disabled (heart attack, stroke, black-out, etc), or had a mechanical failure (controls froze, cable break, etc), or just lost control of his plane...

They've allready ruled out terrorisim...
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
planes crash all the time flying into santa monica airport (west LA area), and they always hit houses.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#8]
As a pilot- I have to ask how the plane got into the attitude that it did.  Now the film show just a few seconds but, it show the bird at a flight path toward earth and it appears that it isnt spinning.  

While praticing before my checkride I tried things that might spook some guys but always took the bird to a place where houses were not found. (I finished my ticket in L.A. and they are hard to find).  The L.A. area is filled with smog and alot of air traffic and is by far one of the hardest places to learn to fly.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]
When did this crash occur?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Last friday I think.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:27:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, it happened Friday. I saw amateur vid on the news and the plane was just coming straight down, reminiscent of WWII style dive bombers making an attack. Weird. If there was something mechanically wrong with the plane, you'd think it would have been spinning or something. According to the news reports I heard, the area where it crashed was a predominantly Jewish neighborhood. The plane struck an apartment building.

Who knows what happened? Maybe it was mechanical problems, maybe the pilot had a heart attack or maybe he just committed suicide. But if his last name truly is a Jewish name, and if this is a Jewish community, I don't see it as being an intentional act. We may never know.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:34:31 AM EDT
[#12]
What caught my attention about it was that the plane came [b]straight[/b] down.  Completely vertical dive in to the building without spinning.  Never seen anything like it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:50:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
pilot Jeffrey T. Siegel
View Quote

View Quote

Too bad that everyday is some kind of jewish holiday. Hate to snap your theory like that, but it was a nice try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top