Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 8/25/2016 9:50:53 PM EDT
Given the propensity of recent attacks in the US to have occurred in places where people don't legally have the the ability to carry firearms for protection, schools may be only a matter of time for terrorists to target. A US Beslan would appear a very real possibility: my greatest concern for the evolution of terrorism is here.

Such a scenario would seem almost impossible to prevent given the number of schools.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprised we haven't seen one yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Its Beslan and yes its 100% possible given our Gun Free Zone derp in this country.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm surprized that it hasn't happened yet. But, I think an event like that would unify the US and we'd go back to the ME.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
All 4 NI.

I think the reason we havent seen 'larger scale', just cell activity, is because of FBHO.  Under a Repub, I think they will go behind the curtain and say 'all right, gloves off boys'.  They will crash it.  Gotta manufacture that emergency.  But cant turn people against the muzzies too early.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm shocked it hasn't happened yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]
At the rate were importing goat fuckers?  Just wait...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#9]
It's just such an obvious target I am surprised it has not happened yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I keep telling people, we won't see another 9-11 or Beslan here as long as their biggest supporters are in power. And we are doing just fine desstroying the country ourselves. They may be goatfucking savages, but they aren't stupid. Why would they want to piss us off and unify us against them before the slow invasion is complete?

A couple more decades, and islam will take this country without a fight.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Um.

There have been terrorist attacks at soft targets.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#13]
At the time of the bombing of the US Embassy in Beirut in 1983 I happened to be living with the ambassador's son. On CNN we watched his father, bloodied, be removed from the wreckage of the building. Necessarily, this was upsetting... Soon thereafter, Ronald Reagan delivered a televised speech where to paraphrase he stated, "no formal actions may ever be taken. Some people may simply just disappear." A very "realpolitik" response to those responsible. Sadly, not applicable in today's political environment...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm surprized that it hasn't happened yet. But, I think an event like that would unify the US and we'd go back to the ME.
View Quote

I'm wondering how bad it would it be with all the PC bullshit. ROE thirteen years ago was a fucking joke, this time it would be even worse.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Its Beslan and yes its 100% possible given our Gun Free Zone derp in this country.
View Quote

Gun free zone has nothing to do with it.  You literally cannot stop this type of attack if a group wanted to do it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#17]

That's the book I was thinking about.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I know at least one State that doesn't have gun free zones at school....

Last time an ROPer went postal, he was gunned down in the Trolley Square Mall in 2007.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Gonna happen, and  some of Obama's refugees will be involved.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I just hope for continued luck through vigilance.

There must be a hell of a list of people the feds have to watch..

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Um, it has happened already.  Several times.

Now, it wasn't bloodthirsty ROP members Killing Infidel Children for Allah, but we've had several large school shootings in the US over the past two decades.

Substitute Adam Lanza with someone like Dzhokar Tsarnaev and there you have it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:17:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Beslan you illiterate.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Gun free zone has nothing to do with it.  You literally cannot stop this type of attack if a group wanted to do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

I am surprised we have not had a Westgate mall style attack yet with a couple fireteam size groups.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just a matter of time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Now, it wasn't bloodthirsty ROP members Killing Infidel Children for Allah, but we've had several large school shootings in the US over the past two decades.

View Quote

Tomatoes vs cherry tomatoes.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not the narrative we're looking for.

We need a tragedy to convince Americans to target Muhammedans, not gun owners.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck the NSA, what do they ever do?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thy plan drone strikes on patriotic Rand Paul supporters while offering jobs to Saracens.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#29]
100%

Trump's fault.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thy plan drone strikes on patriotic Rand Paul supporters while offering jobs to Saracens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They assinated lavigne finecum too
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#31]
There were members of the group than did the Beslan school attack were tracked from Chechnya to the Mexican/Arizona border and then they went 'poof'. Lost into the ether. Supposedly they crossed into the US and cannot be found. Part of me hopes that they are still at the border in shallow graves and the other part is that as 'Caucasians' they walk among us.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#32]
The scale of Beslan was impressive. There were several dozen attackers, small arms, explosives, and 1,100 hostages. It's hard for an attacker to maintain operational security for an attack that large in the US. On the other hand, a team of 5-10 people can probably be done, and that can do quite a bit of damage against a crowded soft target. Deaths in the hundreds is plausible.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#33]
100%
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#34]
I hope it never happens here............
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isnt that what they want?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm shocked it hasn't happened yet.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Bigger question is, when it inevitably happens, how strong will the backlash be? How many mosques will be burned to the ground? How long before some fed-up citizens turn the tables and stroll into a mosque with ARs and D60s?

Keep poking the bear and it will eventually wake up..
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Bigger question is, when it inevitably happens, how strong will the backlash be? How many mosques will be burned to the ground? How long before some fed-up citizens turn the tables and stroll into a mosque with ARs and D60s?

Keep poking the bear and it will eventually wake up..
View Quote
Such a backlash reprisal reaction against Muslims in general does nothing to quell radical Islam extremism. Rather, it only fosters more Muslims to become further radicalized and act, playing into Isis designs.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:31:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Went to an Easter service this year at a popular LA theater. They had a big "technical difficulty with the sound system" at one point and my first thought was Dubrovka (aka the 2002 Moscow theater incident). All the hanging speaker arrays and subwoofers basted white noise in an instant and yeah my first thought was the fan is covered in shit now.

When you disarm a state's law abiding populous, only the terrorists and criminals stay armed. I'm preaching to the choir, I know.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just a matter of time.
View Quote

Agreed.  It will happen.  And kids will die by the buttload, because politicians won't let SWAT go immediately in and kill the terrorists, giving them time to rape, mutilate, booby-trap,
and get fortified in the structure with explosives and kill a fucking shitload of kids...just like Beslan.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Firearms may not make a difference if an attack like what happened in Nice occurs during an outdoor school trip.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Think of the types of executions Isis performs.  Think of how they find creative, grotesque new ways to shock the world with new acts of depravity.

Think of the effort they put into the video production of these acts.

If left to their own devices, they would outdo Beslan by leaps and bounds.

It could be much, much worse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:01:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Firearms may not make a difference if an attack like what happened in Nice occurs during an outdoor school trip.
View Quote
The Nice terrorist was shot to death.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Agreed.  It will happen.  And kids will die by the buttload, because politicians won't let SWAT go immediately in and kill the terrorists, giving them time to rape, mutilate, booby-trap,
and get fortified in the structure with explosives and kill a fucking shitload of kids...just like Beslan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a matter of time.

Want to know how I know that you have not a clue about active shooter doctrine?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. The Nice terrorist was shot and killed. A group of school children with no means of defense would simply be prey for Isis. Attending class, or during an outing. At least a trained and armed individual *may* have a chance at making some difference and saving innocent lives in the balance. Whatever the scenario. Thus is why "soft" targets are chosen...

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a matter of time.

Yes. Please elaborate, sir.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#50]
A coordinated attack on a school here in the country?  Yes very possible.

An utter bloodbath and clusterfuck like Beslan?  Not a chance.  US law enforcement and military are far better trained and equipped for such an occurrence and it would never get to the point it did with Beslan.  I'd also say our schools are probably more hardened on average as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top