Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2016 10:18:54 AM EDT
22/45 I’m planning on using for squirrel hunting this year.  Last year I use the standard
  rear Target   Sight and fiber optic front.  looking for suggestions .  what are you most
comfortable with .  And getting the best sight  picture with.
 Usually  dim and cluttered backdrop.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not just use a red dot?

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll just come out and admit it, I ain't good enough to hit a little tree rat with a handgun.  There, that feels better.  

I'm using a cz 452 with a leupold efr this year.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/U2HAc6o.jpg
View Quote

This

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
^ That.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/U2HAc6o.jpg
View Quote

The best idea actually.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Red dot +1
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#8]
OK  let's talk red dot  
Let's talk red dot I've read in the past  that red dots when used with 22 should be pacific for that use.  
Something about the frequency or vibration tearing them up.

What is the best quality red dot for 22cal  pistol
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OK  let's talk red dot  
Let's talk red dot I've read in the past  that red dots when used with 22 should be pacific for that use.  

View Quote

PA. Cheap and it works.

I'm pretty sure that's handguns in general that can tear up red dots, mostly due to the movement of the slide and the fact that optics are often placed on the slide itself. 22lr, not so much. They're pretty gentle on optics and the optic doesn't move on a 22/45.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

PA. Cheap and it works.

I'm pretty sure that's handguns in general that can tear up red dots, mostly due to the movement of the slide and the fact that optics are often placed on the slide itself. 22lr, not so much. They're pretty gentle on optics and the optic doesn't move on a 22/45.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK  let's talk red dot  

PA. Cheap and it works.

Exactly this, I reccomend the "reflex" style because they are more compact and lightweight than the "tube" style.  Mine above is a Burris Fastfire II, vortex makes a good one and there is always trijicon if you're feeling rich.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top