Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 6:22:13 PM EDT
  I got a call today from a telephone solicitor at the National Republican Party Headquarters. He wanted to know if they could expect the same $500 membership contribution that I gave them last year. I told him no and that as long as the President supported the Assault Weapon Ban that I wouldn't be giving the party any money or voting for any republicans. He reminded me that was just one issue. I informed him that I and a lot of other gun owners had supported Bush and gave him the votes necessary to win in the last election. I stated that we were prepared to withhold our support from the Republican Party and send George Bush and a lot of other republicans home after the next election.  I said I read in the newspaper and heard on the news that the President supported the ban and that I wouldn't be satisfied until I saw in the newspaper and heard on the news that He no longer supported the ban.He said he had a section for comments and would make a note of my reply.
   I get at least one letter per week from the House, Senate or National Republican Party with a postage paid reply envelope. I write a note  explaining my position and send it back to them in their envelope.
   Would I vote for the gun grabbing democrats, NO, but I'll take every opportunity between now and then to let the party and my elected representatives know how I feel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top