BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 5:56:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
What are your creepy experiences?
View Quote

Most of my creepy experiences involve live people. As in I talk to some person, and they come across as being creepy.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Last week I am in line at at the ATM and I see the bus pull up and a stone ghetto black dude get off and walk around the side of the building.

I get up there with no behind me and start my multi transactions and notice in the side mirror SGBD come around the building behind me. I unzip my day runner and grab ahold of my double eagle and keep working one handed as he goes behind the ATM. I know, and I mean know, that the fire fight starts in seconds.

Then all of the sudden he slowly goes back and stands about 30 feet behind my car like he's waiting for me to leave and for his turn.

It was so weird going from zero to ready for go time to zero.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thast whole "Ghost in a jar" thing kinda gave me the willies.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll never forget it. the day I woke up to politics and realized that Boxer and Feinstein were my senators and Gray davis was my governor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I was breaking the cherry off of my new squirrel gun, a beeman gs1000, last week.  I had gone to a squirrel that I had dropped and started to gut it when I noticed one of its sibling making a run for it.  I get up and use the side of this osage orange for a rest and track the little bugger, but he never offered a decent shot for the air rifle.  I happen to look down a cavity in the tree where someone had cut off a fence post years ago and see a grinning opossum looking up at me.  Quite shocking and scare the piss out of me.  After I calmed down and took a closer look I saw she had offspring too big for her pouch so I left her the squirrel guts by her den opening.  Geez she was a scary bitch.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was in college, I hooked up with some guys that played Call of Cthulu on the occasion.  I had never played but it sounded interesting.  The guy who ran it offered to give me an orientation kind of adventure to get used to the character and how the game system worked.  (Yes I know you're all thinking - nerd)

So we start and of course we turn off all the damn lights but this one dim light in the far corner, just enough to see by.  After about an hour I'm totally spooked, the guy running it is really good, very descriptive and knows how to tweak your interest.

My back was to the front door of the studio apartment.  It's a looong hall way to the door and the bathroom is off that hall.  After an hour or so his roomate comes home and I see over my shoulder the bathroom light go on and the door closes so we're in the dark again.  He continues talking and describing this scene and I'm reacting to the odd things going on when this hand is firmly planted on my shoulder.  I straightened right up and screamed like a woman.

His roomate NEVER went into the bathroom, he set me up.  It was so dark and he was so quiet going down the hall I was oblivious to him sneaking up on me.

Sorry, it doesn't come close to the graveyard bit, but it's my story.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Every time I see a pic of janet reno and or hitlery cliton. OOOOOOOOOOO! Now THAT's SCARY!!
AB
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#9]
... Watching the second tower hit live on TV comes to mind.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, I have several.  

Here's one:

Back around 1987 or so, I was the NCOIC for a range detail at Camp Lejeune.  We spent two weeks at the range and we billet the guys at the range.  

Anyhow, on the last range day, barracks must be field-day'd and that meant a late evening.  It passes, I turn the guys loose, and I'm finally out of there about 15 minutes after they split.  I get on the road 0200ish and head North on Highway 19, enroute to J-ville.  

I get a couple miles up the road and encounter a heavily damaged car upside down and straddling both lanes on a very unlit and straight part of the road.  It's quiet, nothing else is on the road, and it's a wall of towering pine trees on either side of that.  No one is around the car from what I can see.  

I turn the flashers on, toss a flare on the road and walk to the car where I see legs sticking outside the the drivers side.  I'm already thinking, "this fucker's dead".  

I go around to the passenger side and crawl part way through the window to get a look.  I see a gray face in the moonlight and absolutely NO movement.  I don't know why, but for some reason, I ask: "are you alive?"  

The guys bug eyes pop open EXACTLY like that scene in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", which is exactly what popped into my noggin at that moment.  

I jumped and bashed my head on the window sill.  Shortly, a car arrives and the two ladies in it happen to be RNs.  I start looking around and find a second car with some old ladies in it.  

Two were screaming and two weren't doing anything, especially the one with the steering wheel column in her chest.  I suspect one or two died, but I don't know.  

The guy (civilian) was drunk and an insurance adjuster.  He hit them head on and it never made the papers.  If it was a Marine, it sure as shit would have.  No one from the range detail was there, so I'm guessing it happened minutes before I found the wreck.

That's the jist of it.  I have a few others, but I always wondered what happened to the old ladies.  

No closure, I guess.

Jim
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll never forget it. the day I woke up to politics and realized that Boxer and Feinstein were my senators and Gray davis was my governor.
View Quote

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!![SHOCK]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#12]
The episode of Different Strokes where Arnold's friend Dudley got molested by the bicycle repair guy

Quoted:
When I was in college, I hooked up with some guys that played Call of Cthulu on the occasion.  I had never played but it sounded interesting.  The guy who ran it offered to give me an orientation kind of adventure to get used to the character and how the game system worked.  (Yes I know you're all thinking - nerd)

So we start and of course we turn off all the damn lights but this one dim light in the far corner, just enough to see by.  After about an hour I'm totally spooked, the guy running it is really good, very descriptive and knows how to tweak your interest.
View Quote

We'd play that by candlelight.  It is very creepy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes I have...

and no, I don't want to talk about it.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#15]
One time at band camp.....oh wait, wrong thread.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Nope. Caused a few (okay, several) but never experienced any myself.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#17]
In college I had an internship with the County Medical Examiners Office. During my first few weeks I was expecting some sort of prank but it never came. One night (yes I worked at night) I was sent to retrieve the corps of a baby we had in our cooler; it was being picked up by the funeral home (hardest part of that job was seeing children). Before I go on let me describe our cooler, it was a large walk in about 10 ft deep by 19 ft W, no drawers like in the movies. All along the side of the cooler were horizontal shelves about 3 high, that corpuses were stored on , most of them were only draped in sheets,  from time to time we had around 4-5 waiting for pick up or being held for court papers to be finished.

I go in to get the body (This is one of the first time I have been alone in the cooler) it’s on one of the lower shelves kinda and pushed into the back, so I had to lean rather deep onto the shelf, when all the sudden I feel an ice cold hand drop down onto the back of my neck. At that point I feel a burning sensation start at my toes and stop at the tips of ears , I just froze , I couldn’t scream , I could not move , nothing. Slowly what seemed like hours but was only seconds I moved away. When I turned to see what was sure to be something coming for me, I realized what had happed. One on the corpus’s arms had slipped out from the sheet and was dangling from the top shelve right over where I was bend down.

I never told anyone about what had happed until my last day there. I let it slip to one of the deaners who had been working there forever. He just smiled and told me that things like that happen to everyone at some point , the damn place is just to creepy for it not to , that’s why they never play pranks on people they just assume that at some point everyone will get the crap scared out of the all by them selves.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I never told anyone about what had happed until my last day there. I let it slip to one of the deniers who had been working there forever. He just smiled and told me that things like that happen to everyone at some point , the damn place is just to creepy for it not to , that’s why they never play pranks of people they just assume that at some point everyone will get the crap scared out of the all by them selves.
View Quote

Yeah, but the point of pranking is that you're there to see it!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#19]
DAMN.  That is one F'ed up story, iNuhBaDNayburhood.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I was with a construction and demolitions company for a while, and I got a job out in the middle of no where, about 30 minutes of driving about 110mph from the nearest residence or other structure. It was a gigantic abandoned old school or hospital, I couldn't tell, but it was gigantic and had only three or four windows in the entire place. In the basement there was one gigantic circuit breaker housing(it had been updated within the last 10 years) and while we were working, we tripped the entire thing, so we had to go reset it. One of us lost the group(me) and decided to start wandering around trying to find the box again. I beat them there, and just to scare them, I locked the door, went out through another door and started banging on the walls, slamming my tools onto the floor, etc. and eventually I started hearing the others screaming and running away, and after a few minutes, I turned the power back on, and went out the back, and was asking them why they sere so freaked out. The next day, I intentionally tripped the breakers again, and this time I brought a gigantic sledge hammer with me, and I was pounding the cement floor with it, and I heard them screaming again, but this time I only heard one of them run away, and I heard someone getting closer, so I hid up ontop of some boxes in a corner. After a while, they got close to the room I was in, and came in, they started waiving their flashlights around, and I geuss they didn't see me, so after they were infront of me with their backs towards me, I jumped out of the boxes and tackled one of them, and damn did they take off. I continued doing this for the rest of the week, and eventually one of hem figured out that I was never around when this stuff was happening. That was the most fun I've ever had, I wish I had a giant chain as well to get the entire haunted effect. I got fired for slacking off on the job. They were all too embaressed to tell the stroy to anyone else. The building is still standing, the crew abandoned it a day before anyone figured out it was me who was doing it. If you want directions to hte building, IM me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top