Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/21/2016 1:40:22 PM EDT
Today I went for a walk with the dags in an adjoining neighborhood and as usual, had a pocketful of kroger sacks for dropped ordnance. After collecting it in the bag, I then usually just find the closest herby curby and dispose of it. We had just hit our halfway point and I had just dropped a bag off in one when the owner of the house came out with a bag of trash. He opened it, saw my sack of shit, threw his bag of trash in on top of it and then called me a faggot for doing such right as he closed his door.

Now, had he taken offence to it and asked me to retrieve it before throwing his trash in, I would have obliged him, but I had neither the chance to respond or act in his haste.

These trash cans I throw the bags in are the same service I use, provided to us, not privately owned.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Six 'o one, half a dozen of the udder.

I'd have tried to apologize if he'd have listened. Apparently he was more interested in getting back inside before launching a DB comment.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Shitters involved.

Marley, 10 year old Lab/Breed of Peace mix

Missoula, 2.5 year olf Lab/Blue Heeler/Retard mix

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a douche but I’m willing to bet there are douches out there who either don’t tie their bags closed or who pick it up with a paper towel and throw it in.  Nobody wants to have to deal with that.

But, probably just good form to carry the sealed bag home and dispose of it in your own can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't care if a neighbor added a plastic bag of dog duke to my private can on the street, but I'm pretty easy going.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
If I saw your dog poop in my front yard and you then pick it up, tie it off, and then toss it in "my" trashcan I'd say thank you. I don't have dogs and stepping in dog poop in my yard is irritating.

I don't know what his problem is.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
When I walk the dogs I pick up my own dog's shit and throw the bags away in my own trash can when I get back to the house. Not a big deal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Not his pile shoulda brought it home
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
let me ask a "What if?"

What if, instead of placing a bag of poop in a herby curby (a service you both pay for), you used that man's garden hose to give your dog some water?

You both pay for the same service (water) so what's the harm?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Yep.  Shoulda took it home with you, OP.  Make your own trash can stink.

I drop my bags in the large dumpsters outside the apartment buildings nearby.  If there's any further drops I would have to use the reserve bag and drop it in my own trash can at home.

Never, ever, ever drop it someone else's can, man.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#10]

He sounds like an asshole. He also sounds like he's never had a good ass kicking either. He'd be more polite.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You're going to carry a bag of shit for a mile or more? Just curious since I picked one up and walked a few blocks w it today but wouldn't have gone further than that w the poop bag
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
let me ask a "What if?"

What if, instead of placing a bag of poop in a herby curby (a service you both pay for), you used that man's garden hose to give your dog some water?

View Quote

Stupid argument, the trash is a flat rate, water is not.  The extra water usage would actually cost the guy something additional, albeit a very small amount.

OP, I've thrown poo bags in my neighbors herby curby's, but I've always tried to be sly about it...because that makes it so much better .
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#13]
You'd be welcome to use my trash can.  Not a big deal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Everybody knows you're supposed to tie the bag of shit to dag's collar and make him carry it home.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
let me ask a "What if?"

View Quote

That's real retarded sir .jpg
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't get all bent out of shape if someone threw their dog's shit in my trash can, but I have a dog. Out of courtesy towards a neighbor who doesn't have a dog and doesn't have to deal with dog shit smelling trash cans unless thoughtless passerby pollute them, I take my dog's shit to my trash or to a public trash can if there's one nearby.

Arguments can be made that municipal residential trash cans are "public" but it's still the one in front of the neighbor's house, not the one in front of yours.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#17]
If it's sitting out for trash pick up, I have no issue throwing it in someone else's can. I'm not going to walk up their driveway to pitch it though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I do the same thing.

If that guy was actually upset, he wshouldould have confronted you before he was just about to step inside his house.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Op acted like a douche. Not your can, not your property.pick up your dogs shit and take it with you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You're going to carry a bag of shit for a mile or more? Just curious since I picked one up and walked a few blocks w it today but wouldn't have gone further than that w the poop bag
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's your animal. Plan accordingly. It's not other people's responsibility to help you manage your dog or it's shit
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#21]
No. I would of appreciated it actually.

When I lived in a neighborhood everyone just let their dog shit in my yard and keep walking. But most Idahoans are self-entitled douche bags when it comes to their dogs though...
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, they actually make bag carriers with loops or hooks for carrying “used” bags that attach to the leash.  Just hit up your local pet store.  I got mine at PetSmart.

Eew, gross, but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#23]
As long as you made sure the fudge dragon couldn't escape the bag, no big deal.

Maybe a bit of a big deal if it was going to bake in dude's garage all week, but I don't know the schedule.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#24]
The squirrels get into my Herby curvy and throw the trash all over the driveway because the town won't replace it. I'd be pretty pissed if you did that, but I wouldn't call you names.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh yea it's his dogs shit! Also it's only dog shit it's not radioactive waste my God, having had GSD's for 20+ years I've cleaned up Vomit,Dog shit. Diarrhea, even from inside my truck and NEVER once thought about throwing it out on the road or in someone's  trash
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm 50 / 50 on it. As a non dog owner I wouldn't be thrilled, but at least you tied it off. But I'd be ok as opposed to the folks who leave it there for me to step in or run over with my mower, that pushes me over the edge.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#27]
My trashcan is for my use, be it trash or AK's, it is not a depository for your dogs shit.  

Hold on to it till you get to your own trash can, or a true public trash can/dumpster.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you for picking up after your pups.

Take your shit home. Literally.  Use your own can.

Having dogs and cats, I know how stinky the can will become over time.

We used a small pail with lid to carry the leftovers after our 60 lb pup would drop the stink bomb.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I walk my Lab in the neighborhood often during trash pick-up day.

If she shits I'll pick it up bring it home and dump it in my trash can, but that's just me.

But also, if someone was walking their dog and decided to dump a bag of dog shit in my trash can it wouldn't bother me a bit - I'd rather they do that than let it lay on the ground (but only on trash pick-up day, even my dogs shit from the back yard doesn't go into the trash can until the night before pick-up).

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I personally wouldn't drop my dog's bagged shit in someone else's trash can, whether the city provided it or not.  It isn't mine.  I walk my dog close enough to the house that I don't mind carrying it back.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#31]
WTF is a herby curry?

You southerners talk funny.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not a douche but I’m willing to bet there are douches out there who either don’t tie their bags closed or who pick it up with a paper towel and throw it in.  Nobody wants to have to deal with that.

But, probably just good form to carry the sealed bag home and dispose of it in your own can.
View Quote

This. We have a seperate lined can for the dog shit and don't want it in our house trash can. OP needs to keep his shit to himself.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a camera on my trash cans for a reason.

to catch the little bastard in the lifted truck that runs them over
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I've had words with people that have done this. You chose to own a dog in a suburban neighborhood. As such, you have to walk them, Therefore, the dogshit is your responsibility.

Take it home and put it in your trashcan.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd be okay with it, but I dont think I'd drop a baggie of shit into someone else's can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Now that was an epic thread! I don't think it can ever be matched let alone be beaten.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's your animal. Plan accordingly. It's not other people's responsibility to help you manage your dog or it's shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My plan is to throw it in your trash can to piss you off now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sure, they actually make bag carriers with loops or hooks for carrying “used” bags that attach to the leash.  Just hit up your local pet store.  I got mine at PetSmart.

http://images.esellerpro.com/3274/I/343/2/lrgscaleDICKY02.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://images.esellerpro.com/3274/I/343/2/lrgscaleDICKY02.jpg

That's pretty bad ass and I'll have to look for one. When I'm not using that other guys trash can out of spite...
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd prefer people don't put anything in my trash can. I guess it's just the principal, it's mine and not yours.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I would rather someone put it my trash can than leave it in my yard. Trash can owner is an ass. People suck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Now that was an epic thread! I don't think it can ever be matched let alone be beaten.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

OK, so you are talking about a Polly Cart.   If you could refrain from using non-standard verbiage, we would all appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Hell, I told the wife not to put the cat poop bags in OUR dumpster. It makes it stink to high heaven. (have a "regular can" too that is much easier to wash out when it's too ripe)

Not something I'd get worked up over, but yeah kinda bad form to put poop in another person's dumpster. I wouldn't.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#45]
At least you picked it up. My neighbor doesn't watch his (2) dogs as they roam the street shitting a storm...
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#46]
What a complete d-bag. The neighbor, not you. Why the fuck would someone care if you throw dog shit in with their trash?  Fucking whiners.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#47]
You could be charged with a misdemeanor here for it.
In my younger poorer days I used to split trash service with a buddy a street over. Id drive by and toss a sack in his bin on my way to work or wherever.
Seen a cop sitting down the street one day but didnt think much about it until Im getting pulled over and getting lectured and threatened with tickets until I could explain. He still took my buddies info and called him to verify if I was telling the truth.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#48]
It would annoy me. I'm aware it's just garbage, but it's mine. I pay for it and I'm responsible for picking it all up if it gets knocked over or storing it for longer if the truck doesn't come when it's supposed to.
It's simple to me. Don't touch things that don't belong to you. It's the first rule for being a good neighbor. If that means you walk around with a bag of dog shit in your pocket for a little while, then so be it. Your choices put you in that position, not mine.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What a complete d-bag. The neighbor, not you. Why the fuck would someone care if you throw dog shit in with their trash?  Fucking whiners.
View Quote

Cause, on a hot summer day, when I take the trash out and open that dumpster it's nasty.

Not that I'd flip my shit on a guy tossing it in at the end of the drive. But, I wouldn't use someone else's can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If it's sitting out for trash pick up, I have no issue throwing it in someone else's can. I'm not going to walk up their driveway to pitch it though.
View Quote

OP I actually had that happen to me once, the lady chased me down the street in her car, blocked me as I was getting ready to cross the street, she cussed me and told me to go back and remove it, by then I was pissed, told her to call the police and I would be happy to discuss it with them, oddly enough a county car was passing by, she waved him down.

I was more than a block away, he pretty much told her since it was on the curb for trash day it was fair game, she was pissed and left, he just shook his head, said thanks for at least not leaving it in her yard.

I made sure to walk my guy by her yard at night and leave an unwrapped gift, some people need shit on.

ETA: For all the Nancy's here, get a fucking life, it is trash, a wrapped poop bag probably has less smell then your own trash.

I swear ARFCOM is a DU joint more and more everyday, some of the folks posting I used to respect.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top