Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 5:11:21 PM EDT
I think it a good day to sit down and watch Saving Private Ryan or The Longest Day and think of all the good men lost on this day.

And remember how grateful some of the people we liberated are to this day.

And also remember how ungrateful some of the people we liberated are today.

[USA]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Amen Brother!

For some reason, I awoke about an hour before the alarm clock went off. It was about sunrise and I looked out of the window and thought of the day 59 years ago.

Thanks to all who paid the price.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Watched Saving Private Ryan last night. Again I stand up and salute that brave generation.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
God Bless You for your service![salute]

Big(Grateful!)Dozer66
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
God Bless 'em, one and all.

Never submit to Tyrants.... No matter where ya find 'em.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont waste your thoughts on the ungrateful today.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Watched Saving Private Ryan Wednesday night.  I originally saw it when it came out in the theater and it made such an impact on me I didn't think I'd ever want/need to watch it again.  Well, I was parusing some DVD's the other night, and thought I'd pop it in.  It's good to be reminded just how much some people gave/lost for the freedoms we enjoy today.  Is it just me, or do you guys get a little misty eyed during the opening scene?  That's the only movie that can get me misty eyed in the 1st 2 minutes.  

God bless the men who died and who fight today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top