Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
what's an ffl fee ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're a Glock guy, I fully understand.  If you are a1911 guy and used to the thumb safety, it'll grow on you.  I agree it was better than I expected too.  Actually like it a lot now.
View Quote

I'm a 1911 guy who's admitted that as annoying as Glocks are....they're really damn good at what they do

I'll probably be fingering it more next week. The biggest issue I've had with the M&P lines with regard to thumb safeties was that the M&P 45 I had, with thumb safeties...was pointless. It'd flick off with a stiff breeze. I carried it in a Comp-Tac hybrid of some kind (forget the model name) and invariably the safety would be swiped off by either my shirt, or putting on a seat belt, or walking briskly, or changes in the magnetic field, or....you get the idea. I didn't like the idea of drawing and trying to figure out if the safety was on or not, so from then on I figured if I was going to buy another M&P of any stripe, it'd be without a thumb safety.

The thumb safety in the Shield looks like it's actually useful...but I'm still leery
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The only handgun with a safety I have interest in is the SIG but that is sa only on a 1911action. I'm waiting for a buddy to bring in his SW .380 MP for me to try. Both are on my hit list, the SIG I haven't decided on caliber yet. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm a 1911 guy who's admitted that as annoying as Glocks are....they're really damn good at what they do

I'll probably be fingering it more next week. The biggest issue I've had with the M&P lines with regard to thumb safeties was that the M&P 45 I had, with thumb safeties...was pointless. It'd flick off with a stiff breeze. I carried it in a Comp-Tac hybrid of some kind (forget the model name) and invariably the safety would be swiped off by either my shirt, or putting on a seat belt, or walking briskly, or changes in the magnetic field, or....you get the idea. I didn't like the idea of drawing and trying to figure out if the safety was on or not, so from then on I figured if I was going to buy another M&P of any stripe, it'd be without a thumb safety.

The thumb safety in the Shield looks like it's actually useful...but I'm still leery
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you're a Glock guy, I fully understand.  If you are a1911 guy and used to the thumb safety, it'll grow on you.  I agree it was better than I expected too.  Actually like it a lot now.

If I draw, I automatically thumb my 1911 safety off without even thinking about it.  So, I don't worry about the Shield safety since I'm not trying to figure it out anyway.  If it's on in the holster that's fine, if not, it's basically just like a Glock.  At least that's the way I rationalized it.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top