Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/20/2016 11:31:26 PM EDT
Found one for a customer, external safety, brand new, customer didn't want it.
Should I fo?

I fent.

$400 plus tax $435 - No FFL fee
It has the night sights.

Quantico arms has it listed under S&W's LE/Military/1st Responder program for $359.99, plus tax it's $402.19.
I don't want to drive down and back from Seattle / Tacoma, so the extra $33 is worth it to me to drive 5 minutes to my FFL.
And Quantico does not have any in stock yet.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
How much?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan to soon FO on one of these, and I need another carry gun like I need a hole in the foot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the 45 like the 9, where you get a safety or night sights?  If so, I'd rather have night sights and no safety.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is the 45 like the 9, where you get a safety or night sights?  If so, I'd rather have night sights and no safety.
View Quote
Everyone is different, but I'll specifically be seeking out one with a manual safety.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know.
I guess I am going to make a trip over there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Should I fo?
View Quote

Take it!  I just bought one with the external safety and had night sights with fiber optics installed.  Love it!  The sights are great day or night.  The gun fits my hand well and is a pleasure to shoot.  I put 200 WWB, 50 HST and 50 Gold Dot through it so far without any sign of a hiccup.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
The shield should be 9mm and have no safety.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
+ 1
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.

Yeah, just something to consider when factoring price if you're going to want night sights.

Also, heard the new grip texture is awesome, so there's another reason to check it out in person.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Everyone is different, but I'll specifically be seeking out one with a manual safety.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the insistence on a manual safety?

I got my 9mm Shield with a safety for $25 cheaper than the no safety option. I have yet to actually use the safety. Too small to be practical, and the gun design is just as safe with no safety as my Glocks that are my other EDC guns.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're a girl.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Foeing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

And an Apex trigger.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I got my 9mm Shield with a safety for $25 cheaper than the no safety option. I have yet to actually use the safety. Too small to be practical, and the gun design is just as safe with no safety as my Glocks that are my other EDC guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All true.  However, I found it works well and keeps safety habit and muscle memory for us 1911 guys.  Just gives another option to carry something a little smaller.

Kind of one of those "whatever melts your butter" things.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#15]
.45? Lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#16]
get one, safety wouldn't bother me, no one forces you to use it
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#17]
.45 and safety = no deal
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:44:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

.45 and safety = no deal
View Quote
Why do you hate 1911's so much?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Did it come with a flush mag?

How's the grip texture?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Should I fo?

I fent.

http://www.vaq34.com/junk/sheild_45_acp.JPG

$400 plus tax $435 - No FFL fee

It has the night sights.

Quantico arms has it listed under S&W's LE/Military/1st Responder program for $359.99, plus tax it's $402.19.

I don't want to drive down and back from Seattle / Tacoma, so the extra $33 is worth it to me to drive 5 minutes to my FFL.

And Quantico does not have any in stock yet.

View Quote
Freaking SWEET.  I'm going to copy cat you, OP, and seek one out soon myself.  God knows I love S&W, and what a perfect compact carry gun.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:17:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.45 and safety = no deal

Too damn slow a round unless it's coming out of a 5" slide. Stuff a 5" slide down your pants and conceal that like there isn't a broomstick stuck up your ass. This is why my beautiful and reliable stainless Para 14 with all kinds of custom work gathers dust while my Glock 33 goes everywhere. To each his own..... and I still wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of this S&W, as that falling piano of a round can still kill you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:25:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Did it come with a flush mag?
How's the grip texture?
View Quote

Yes, flush mag and the extended mag.
Grip texture is fine, it feels just like my Shield in .40 S&W.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Frontal press chex for daise
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:34:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:37:50 AM EDT
[#26]
To each his own.  As long as you're happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:47:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Range report, it's going to be my next single stack purchase most likely, preferably the safety model but I won't mind a non safety model either, I have no aversions to a safety that will not move on it's own.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:55:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought it was supposed to have a more aggressive grip texture?  The other Shields' grips feel like a bar of soap.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:28:16 AM EDT
[#29]
For someone who advises people to read the links provided in their posts, I would have thought that the OP would have known that the .45 ACP was a antiqued round.  Hey, but whatever.  

As long as you're happy, amiright?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:05:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Really been wanting to convince wife she needs one of these.... You need to post range report
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:10:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

For someone who advises people to read the links provided in their posts, I would have thought that the OP would have known that the .45 ACP was a antiqued round.  Hey, but whatever.  

As long as you're happy, amiright?

View Quote
No, you can still get brand new, shiny rounds, too.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Really been wanting to convince wife she needs one of these.... You need to post range report
View Quote
Good idea!

Hey  babe!  So like, theres this round which was developed over 100 years ago and I'd like for you to shot this round out of a plastic framed pistol?

Please forget all the facts that say a 9x19 is the better choice
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:22:09 AM EDT
[#33]
9x19 is an older cartridge than 45 acp, and runs at a considerably higher chamber pressure.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:48:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
9x19 is an older cartridge than 45 acp,
View Quote
Please don't use facts, this is GD after all where ignorance is the standard and being edgy with it is the SOP.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:56:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Good idea!

Hey  babe!  So like, theres this round which was developed over 100 years ago and I'd like for you to shot this round out of a plastic framed pistol?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good idea!

Are you really doing 9 vs 45? My wife is well aware of 45acp, and g30s recoil is a non issue. Last time I checked that was a polymer frame?
My sister is also 5'4. Her favorite caliber to shoot is 45. My handguns are 45. Why would I want to stock other calibers right now when Im loving 45 so much?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:57:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Double post like a doof
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Good idea!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good idea!

9mm is 115 years old. Please forget that fact though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Why would you carry a single stack .45? get a Glock 43.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I thought it was supposed to have a more aggressive grip texture?  The other Shields' grips feel like a bar of soap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it's a little larger than the 9/40 shield.

IMO it doesn't make too much sense. Although I do pocket carry my 9mm shield it isn't exactly a pocket gun, and making it larger makes it even less so. At that point you're looking to carry on the waistband and that opens up a whole other selection of pistols.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good idea!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good idea!

9mm is actually older than 45 by 2 years

But 40 is definitely newer amirite
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Good idea!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good idea!

Stop liking what I don't like......
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#42]
It's just about the same size in just about every direction, as a Detonics Combatmaster. The thumb safety isn't as bad as I thought it might be. The only thing I'm wondering about is how it shoots...most subcompact 45s are punishing. The Detonics stood out because it wasn't...I still wish I hadn't given mine up, but my father really liked it

I'm probably going to be getting one regardless
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Please don't use facts, this is GD after all where ignorance is the standard and being edgy with it is the SOP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So absolutely true.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's just about the same size in just about every direction, as a Detonics Combatmaster. The thumb safety isn't as bad as I thought it might be. The only thing I'm wondering about is how it shoots...most subcompact 45s are punishing. The Detonics stood out because it wasn't...I still wish I hadn't given mine up, but my father really liked it

View Quote

If you go hold one, it will go home with you.  The grips are great, it fits well, and is no more punishing than a Glock 19.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
and have an Apex flat trigger.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you go hold one, it will go home with you.  The grips are great, it fits well, and is no more punishing than a Glock 19.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did at my local fun store (hold one)...the only reason it didn't was that I wasn't sold on the thumb safety. It's a lot better than I thought it would be, but I'm still not %100 sold on it. I want to try one without the thumb safety first before I commit to one...
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#47]

I very much wanted to see that picture, thanks.

I'm really thinking about the XD-S 45.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I did at my local fun store (hold one)...the only reason it didn't was that I wasn't sold on the thumb safety. It's a lot better than I thought it would be, but I'm still not %100 sold on it. I want to try one without the thumb safety first before I commit to one...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're a Glock guy, I fully understand.  If you are a1911 guy and used to the thumb safety, it'll grow on you.  I agree it was better than I expected too.  Actually like it a lot now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
+ 1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+ 1

+10 more
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So absolutely true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So absolutely true.

Came here to post that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top