Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 1:05:00 PM EDT
can anyone explain the appeal or draw of nudism? i've never been to a topless beach or anything and don' tknow any nudists. also i am wondering what exactly happens at these type of clubs, resorts. my impression is that they are not sexual in any way. i guess i don't see the benefits of playing volleyball or tennis naked and am wondering what the philosophy or mindset of the participants is.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't get it either...It's not the nudity that puzzles me , It is the lack of pockets ....that would drive me nuts....

t
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't get it either...It's not the nudity that puzzles me , It is the lack of pockets ....that would drive me nuts....

t
View Quote

[bevis]Uhhhhhhh, you said nuts.[/bevis]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
According to some study(can't remember which one), arousal while looking at naked women for prolonged periods of time has some healthy side-affects.
I know i'd like to be a test subject in that study.

Anyways, wouldn't you like to spend time in a large resort with plenty of naked females(most bangable)?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
My experience...went to hippie hollow in Austin, Texas with a girlfriend.
It felt free and innocent....sun bathing on the rocks and swimming in the water....
We never did it again because there is always and there was drunk mexicans that pay to go in so they can eyecandy women and get drunk and start commenting.  I tsuprises the shit out of them when a white boy new everything they said.....
Other than that it was pretty kosher.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
i know that it causes chubbies.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]
It's chilly in January.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I understand, nudist camps are only cool and sexy in the way most lesbians are - it's great in Hollywood and on film, but in real life it's not something you want to get close to.  Sounds good in concept, but the real life version isn't as sexy as you want to imagine it.  

And, I think it's a lot of couples.  I don't think the average nudist camp is exactly crawling with "bangable" single babes.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]

I've been to a nudist colony two times.

The first time was when there was a huge forest fire there. I really didn't notice any nude people that time.

The second time was a couple of weeks after the fire when the colony wanted to throw us a picnic for saving their compound. I tried to refuse attendance but my presence was required by higher ups.

I have never seen so many truly ugly people in my life.

Some people should be required to wear clothes at all times.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Mark Twain said:

"It is said, 'Clothes make the man.' This is true.  Naked people have little or no influence in society."

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
From what I understand, nudist camps are only cool and sexy in the way most lesbians are - it's great in Hollywood and on film, but in real life it's not something you want to get close to.  Sounds good in concept, but the real life version isn't as sexy as you want to imagine it.  

And, I think it's a lot of couples.  I don't think the average nudist camp is exactly crawling with "bangable" single babes.  
View Quote

If you think you're going there to get laid or for something "sexy" then you are really in for a disappointment. When we lived in Europe my family and a group of friends went almost weekly. It was only a big deal to the americans that went there to gawk. Most americans are way too uptight and inhibited for nudism.

As for what goes on in a nudist resort, its just like being at the local lake except everyone is naked. No body is trying to out do any one else, nobody is worried about "is my butt too big, am I too old, do my boobs droop too much". Everyone is accepted at face value without the attitudes or the insecurities. Just a bunch of regular folks, like your neighbors, who are happy with who and what they are.

In most resorts open sexual activity is the fastest way to be shown the door. Also, at the local one you are not allowed to display weapons. They are not prohibited, but the are to be kept out of site. Makes concealed carry a bit of a challenge.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I have always wanted to go to a nudiest resort.My biggest fear is I would be the uglyest guy there. My second bigest fear is I would be the best looking person there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm the most popular guy at my nudist club. I can carry 2 full cups of coffee and a dozen donuts at the same time...

Think about it...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#14]
[b]I have always wanted to go to a nudiest resort.My biggest fear is I would be the uglyest guy there. My second bigest fear is I would be the best looking person there. [/b]

[LOL]  [ROFL]  [LOL]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#15]
KC got that idea from me, he must have seen me walking on the beach! [;)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
I'm the most popular guy at my nudist club. I can carry 2 full cups of coffee and a dozen donuts at the same time...

Think about it...
View Quote

I DON"T WANT TO!!![:X*]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#17]
You won't find any wicker furniture.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Think about it...
View Quote

Cripes, I envy you, I hafta make two trips.....[:D]
I haven't figgered out how to make the donut hole bigger, without losing all the donut![snoopy]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Makes concealed carry a bit of a challenge.

View Quote

Not really, it just makes you walk a little funny...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Think about it...
View Quote

Just one dozen??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top