Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 9:21:56 AM EDT
WooHoo!

I had a scary looking mole removed on Tuesday, I just got the biopsy results, I am Ok!

If you havent had a mole removed, it is not fun, I went in there expecting to just have it burned off with liquid nitrogen.  Oh no....  They cut it out, and they dont just cut it out, they cut WAY around it and really deep!  It was on my back, so Im laying there and he is cutting, and then I see him drop this huge chunk of my flesh into a jar that was conveniently placed in front of my face.  This thing was the size of a large marble, and the mole wasnt even very big.

So for the rest of the procedure I got to stare at that.  Thats not even the worst part, then they take some lazer thing and burn all around where they cut it out.  Have you ever smelled your own flesh burning?  So then they stitched me up, (seven stitches) and I was on my way.  As it happens I had just gotten a house that day and I had to move.  Its hard to move with fresh stitches in your back.  I cant bend.  I have been telling girls that I fell off a cliff and had to get stitches.  Its much cooler sounding than "Yeah, so I got a mole removed." [bd]

So anyway, I got a message today from the place, saying "We have your results, (in a very glum sounding voice)  So I figured for sure that I had Melanoma.  If it was negative why wouldnt she just tell me on the message?  Plus the tone of her voice sounded bad.  So I sat here and got really nervous, and finnally got the guts up to call, and Im ok.

Beers are on me tonight!

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool

I've been in exactly the same spot, my friend, and there is nothing like the relief you are feeling now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]
glad your OK
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Not having cancer is always good.

In a couple of months you can show the girls your "bullet wound"...

[;)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats great news!  [beer]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Most excellent !!   [:D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad to hear you're okay... nice to hear good news around here ....

Lotsa horror stories lately...

t
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad to hear you are OK.
I had two high school friends , one went to the doctor after his GF said the mole on his back changed color, he lasted one year after he went to see the Doc.
It was Melanoma and it had spread through his entire body by the time they found it.
My second friends wife noticed a mole on his back had changed color and he went in and it was also Melanoma and had only just started to spread,they cut out a 5 inch circle on his back and stretched the skin back and sewed it up,that was three years ago and he is fine today.
What I'm telling you guys is that if you have moles get them checked and removed ,they can kill you before you even know there's something wrong.

The one who didn't make it installed lawn sprinklers with his dad since he was little and always took off his shirt ,the one who made it did roofing when he was younger for 5 years and he said he always took off his shirt, bad sunburns = skin cancer!  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!  Have several beers...you earned them!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In a couple of months you can show the girls your "bullet wound"...

[;)]
View Quote

"Got that when I rode with Teddy Poosevelt goin' up San Juan Hill, back in '98!"

Just don't say that to some dummy that can't count, though. You'll wind up having a local idiot history teacher asking you to give the class a take about what it was like riding with Teddy.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#10]
The wife has to do that about once a year. The wounds scar up alot when they burn them.

The doctor call it " Slicing them off " It more like digging around using a melon baller

If they dont get it all the first time they have to go back again , that sucks worse dur to the scar tissue.

The waiting sucks..... but you get used to it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Good deal, MAHABALI. [beer]

I hate having to call in for any lab results.
But waiting for the results to come in is even worse.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#12]
good for you, I too have just been through a similar deal.. only I'm recovering from 6 stitches on the leg. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad you got the news you wanted to hear!

Time to [<]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Congratulations!
I went through a serious colon cancer scare earlier this year.  I have to go back every year for a colonoscopy just to be sure, but it beats cancer.  Great news for you!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Good to hear.

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I had three removed.Two surgically and the other froze off.One on my shoulder, one on temple area and a thrid on my mid-back.

It is not fun at all.It was basal cell carcinoma.That is basically from way too much sun exposure.

I do not mess around anymore and use gallons of sunscreen during the year.

The scar itself is pretty large.They cut in a certain depth, use a burning tool to burn some of it then biopsy that portion to see how deep it is.Mine was a clear path.

Scar is aprrox 3" long.Very nasty.

Don't mess around with spots on your skin.Go get them checked out and for goodness sakes use sunscreen.

Oh, and make sure your life insurance is current.

If you have more than two cancerous spots removed you will NOT get insured.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Glad to hear it! Now be sure to look both ways crossing the street!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top