Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 8:07:14 AM EDT
Man this is frustrating.

The senate passes an ammended tax bill to "refund" money to people who have payed no income tax.  If you ask me, this amounts to just another form of welfare where people get paid to have kids.

Here I thought the Republicans stood against free giveaways.  The wors part is the bill passed the Senate [size=4]94-2!!![/size=4]

The Republicans didn't even put up token opposition.

I really think that the reason Republicans control both houses of Congress and the whitehouse isn't because the country is "conservative" and the "people in general are sick of the liberals."  I think the way the Republicans have gotten control is to win over enough traditional democrats by ACTING LIKE DEMOCRATS and the meanwhile traditional Republican voters are gullible enough to think they're still voting for the party of "Small givernment" and "self-reliance."

These 2-faced politicians make me sick!  [pissed]

Excuse me I have to go to the corner bar and find some skank slut to knock up so I can get my cut of the action.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Excuse me I have to go to the corner bar and find some skank slut to knock up so I can get my cut of the action....
View Quote

Post pics when you're done!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#2]
And a bunch of you jumped my shit when I posted how unfair it was for married couples with kids getting tax refund checks back.  So now we have people who paid NOTHING in taxes (and in many cases even got extra from .gov) and they are about to get even MORE free money.  Money taken from the taxes of everyone who paid.

Once again, the taxpayer gets screwed - and the people who get screwed most are those who don't have children.  Sigh.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excuse me I have to go to the corner bar and find some [violet]skank slut[/violet] to knock up so I can get my cut of the action....
View Quote

View Quote

Sorry, man, but Hillary is busy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]
But don't worry, they'll still keep the AWB from being renewed! And even if they don't, we're all gonna still vote for them!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And a bunch of you jumped my shit when I posted how unfair it was for married couples with kids getting tax refund checks back.
Once again, the taxpayer gets screwed - and the people who get screwed most are those who don't have children.  Sigh.
View Quote

Earned Income Credit (EIC) has been around for a while, nothing novel about "negative" taxation.

Keep in mind- getting a refund check just indicates you've overpaid your taxes.  Don't give Uncle Sammy a free loan, adjust your withholding so you get little or nothing back in a refund.

I'll admit I'm cleaning up with two kids.  Child care credit, tuition credits, additional exemptions, and the flat-out child credit ($X dollars credited for each child) lower my Federal tax burden.  I make more-than-average pay but have seen my Federal income tax liability shrink substantially in the last couple of years from several thousand (single) to about one thousand (married, two kids.)  Even though I'm raking it in, I still don't think it's fair and would like to see more equity in the way we pay for our government.

Taxes take so much away from every taxpayer, including families, the Gov't is "forced" to give some back to support children.  The real answer is to shrink government, let everybody keep more of their money, and more fairly distribute the burden of supporting what necessary government remains.

PS.  Thanks for paying to send my kids to Government school... I think...

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Why is that even though the Republicans have the majority the Democrats controll what happens?  The Republicans are nothing but spineless whipped dogs that cower whenever the Democarts go BOO.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#7]

[b]"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
~ [red]James Madison[/red][/b]  

[b][size=3]Shut up and sit down Maddie! [stick]

We're doin' it for the children! [/size=3][/b]

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I really think that the reason Republicans control both houses of Congress and the whitehouse isn't because the country is "conservative" and the "people in general are sick of the liberals."  I think the way the Republicans have gotten control is to win over enough traditional democrats by ACTING LIKE DEMOCRATS and the meanwhile traditional Republican voters are gullible enough to think they're still voting for the party of "Small givernment" and "self-reliance."

View Quote

I don't like saying I told you so, but I am going to do it anyway. I TOLD YOU SO!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

[b]"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
~ [red]James Madison[/red][/b]  
View Quote

Excellent quote, Mac! Do you have a citation for it? I want to use it elsewhere, but know it will be challenged so I need to be ready.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#10]
It's not all bad news.  Now the bill goes back to the House where it will be "Christmas-Treed" with all sorts of other tax breaks for various people.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excuse me I have to go to the corner bar and find some skank slut to knock up so I can get my cut of the action....
View Quote

View Quote

[size=5] THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS![/size=5]

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#12]

It is dated to around 1794 and Madison (then a Virginia Representative) was objecting to Congress appropriating $15,000 to assist French refugees during a debate in Congress.

I got the quote from [url=http://www.townhall.com/columnists/walterwilliams/ww20021113.shtml]Walter Williams[/url]

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Man this is frustrating.

The senate passes an ammended tax bill to "refund" money to people who have payed no income tax.  If you ask me, this amounts to just another form of welfare where people get paid to have kids.

Here I thought the Republicans stood against free giveaways.  The wors part is the bill passed the Senate [size=4]94-2!!![/size=4]

The Republicans didn't even put up token opposition.
View Quote

I think the idea is that we load up the bill with lots of real tax cuts, like removing the sunsets on the tax cuts just passed. Then the Democrats can either vote for lots more real tax cuts or vote against the welfare they wanted. I think I remember hearing that the House Ways and Means Chairman intends to do this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top