Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 12:16:26 AM EDT
I've been trying new stuff lately.  Always been fond of Camel Turkish Gold.  Tried the Marlboro line, Lights, Menthol, etc.  Anything any other smokers would recommend, other than flat out quitting?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]
American Spirit, if you must.  Not a kick in the balls like a turkish gold but you won't be craving one five minutes later like a lot of them.
Do yourself a favor when you quit, do not buy another pack, ever.  -- he says with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Damn monkey! Get off of my back!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a smoker but I do have a friend who is a distributor and he is always talking about the best sellers. For pretty good quality smokes, the Marlboro, Winston, Camel and Doral are the best sellers. The Basic line is also very popular. There are also some relatively new comers to the market that are cheap, yet many people like them. These include CT, Optiva, GT+1, and Kentucky Best. These all go for about $10 per carton. LOL, why I even remember these brands and prices are beyond me! I guess it's the repetition of hearing about them.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on the American Spirits.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#4]
A tip o' the hat to cigarette smokers!

Thank you for providing me with my kids' college tuition accounts!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh and my friend bought me a case of beer the other night and I guess in a round about way smokers paid for it. He owns a funeral home.

Quit while you can .

Sorry for the thread crapping. I do it cause I care.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:12:08 AM EDT
[#6]
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:18:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Lucky Stikes, full flavored, no cigerated butts as trash when your done smoking, and if your going to do something unhealthy, you might as well get the full effect.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]
When I was a smoker, Marlboro Lights were my primary brand with Camel regulars thrown in from time to time for variety.

But, you know, this is one form of variety you don't want in your life.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lucky Stikes, full flavored, no cigerated butts as trash when your done smoking, and if your going to do something unhealthy, you might as well get the full effect.
View Quote

Ditto.  If you are risking lung cancer, go for the flavor.  Another recommendation, stay away from menthols.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Cigars!  They taste great, and they annoy people like no puny cigarette ever could!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I always liked Camel Reg./Light Wides...  Now I smoke whatever a friend is smoking at the bar/billiards/concert/party/wherever lots of beer is consumed. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#12]
So unless I quit...American Spirit and Lucky Strikes it is.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]
The new Marlboro blend #27s are pretty good.

"The name, Marlboro Blend No. 27 (no particular reason for the number "27" was offered), was chosen as the favored name from a list of several offered by focus groups conducted by Philip Morris. When taste-tested, adult respondents described the flavor as "smooth, rich, and mellow."

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I always liked Camel Reg./Light Wides...  Now I smoke whatever a friend is smoking at the bar/billiards/concert/party/wherever lots of beer is consumed. [:D]
View Quote

I second the Camel Wide Lights
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Lucky Strike Lights or American Spirit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Pall Mall Filters

cheap and good

t
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Another vote for American Spirit.

I only have 2-3 a day.  That way Im never really "quit" and dont have to jones like a crack head.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Winston Lights.  100% tobacco with out all that unrecognizable 'stuff' that Philip Morris puts in those nasty Marlboros.  I used to smoke Marlboro Lights and would wake up in the morning with chest pains (surprise, right?).  Once I switched to Winston Lights the pain vanished.  In my opinion, just a better tasting smoke.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 Once I switched to Winston Lights the pain vanished.
View Quote

[Doctor]
Smoke two Winstons and call me in the morning
[/Doctor]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Next time someone asks me why I smoke, I will tell them in clear conscience I'm just trying to keep KODoc off of welfare.[:D]
Funny how many health care professionals are fat smokers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top