Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 2:42:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a program called "Pop-Up Stopper" by Panicware.

It kicks pop-up butt...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I used Pop-Up Stopper myself for a while but found that it doesn't catch many of the pop-ups and closes down other windows that I need.  I've gone through about 5 different pop-up killers and none of them are good enough.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I use a program called "Pop-Up Stopper" by Panicware.It kicks pop-up butt...
View Quote

Good program (free) and I have used it but right now I am using one called "Popup Blocker" by Coffee Cup Software that is also real good. It is not free but is inexpensive.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://download.com.com/3000-2366-10186560.html?tag=lst-0-1[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Try Mozilla Firebird.  It's much faster than IE, it's free, has a builtin pop blocker, plus, you don't get any spyware either.

Whiskerz out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Mozilla browser has an option that prevents pop-ups.  It's in Edit/Preference somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a program called Proxomitron.  Its a great piece of work.

Its basically a proxy server that you install on your computer, and connect to the internet thru it.  Not only does it stop 99% of the pop-ups out there, but it also will strip annoying banner ads and shit out of websites.  You can even write your own custom filters for it, or download filters other people have made.  Its great.

It has some problems with some websites.  But its simple enough to disable.  Theres a bypass list you can make that will turn it off for  certain websites.

Just do a search on google or something and you'll find it.

Here ya go: [url]http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,8187,00.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Try Mozilla Firebird.  It's much faster than IE, it's free, has a builtin pop blocker, plus, you don't get any spyware either.

Whiskerz out.
View Quote

Here is a third for mozilla based browsers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top