Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2003 8:28:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I understand what You're going through.[rant on] My Sister's kid(s) are both huge liberal POS. The youngest girl is a Vegan(sp?) and anti-meat, hunting,and brain cell function. She's married to one of the biggest Wussies I've ever had the bad misfortune to meet. I love to see the look on His and Her faces when I discribe the Fun My kids and I have doing all of the crap that They Hate so badly. Her oldest is a Lawyer(Need I saw More?) who is just married to another lib who works for Our friends over at CBS in chicago. I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from My sister's choice in Breeding stock. Her "Family in Law" are a bunch of "Moderate Republicans" (My Ass!) and She's as big of a POS as They are. I sill like My nephew, He's My only hope for Her group. I wish I could seal him away for a few days and fill his little mind with the joy of the "Evil Black Rifles" [:)]

Other that that, and a small group of My cousins, I've given up on My "Family". I have very good, long time friends that have always been there for Me and Mine. My kids prefer to call Them "Aunt" or "Uncle" or Their kids "Cousin". I think of Them as My Family now, screw the others.

Life is too short, I'm spending it with the good people I meet (here and elsewhere) and know. Screw the rest.[rant off]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
You ain't got a mask on, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Give your cousin a big hug & salute from all of us here and tell her how much WE appreciate her decision to serve our nation while pursuing her career goals.  And take her shooting while she's there!  

Follow through on your plans for the next family function.  After all, the liberals aren't shy about being offensive & intolerant!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Tell your cousin to GO FOR IT!

I went to NAPS from 1986-1987, which is on the second deck of the building where your cousin will be attending OIS.

Tell her NOT to salute the guys in the midshipman uniforms! I'll never forget being saluted by an O-6 when I was an E-2! [:D] Guess the "Naval Academy" on my sweatshirt scared the piss out of the little prick!

And tell your family members to STFU! Your cousin is doing good. Granted, I would do differently (14 years is a LONG time!), but you can't beat going to school and getting 7 years of experience FOR FREE.

Good luck to her!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
TimJ. I'm an active duty Medical Doctor in the Navy and stationed at Bethesda NNMC. Your cousin is making a very wise and honorable choice. The medical education at the Uniformed Services medical school is first rate, and, rather than getting up to $200 grand in debt like many of my friends, she'll earn an ensign's pay whilst at school. In the summer, she'll get a chance to do some fun things, (jump school, bushmaster, etc). Last, but not least, she'll be serving her country and doing much more to help out her fellow man than some POS university liberal arts prof. ever will. She can give me a buzz anytime for advice, home cooked meal, whatever. My wife is also a naval officer and may be able to give a perspective on females in the Navy.
Zaphod: my old lady is a NROTC grad. I've NEVER darksided! ;-)
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe said uncle should be told to get a real job instead of making a living as a pubilc funds leaching pedophile.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Zaphod: my old lady is a NROTC grad. I've NEVER darksided! ;-)
View Quote

I almost did! Hell, almost my entire company DID. They didn't call us "Darkside 6" for nothing! [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top