Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2001 4:19:45 PM EDT
I see their ad come up at the bottom sometimes.

Are they in the 1911 business?  Any good?
Also wondering if they are the source for "Wilson" barrels that Sara at, uh, ASA, said they use.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilson Combat has some of the finest 1911s out there.  There do not come cheap but quality usually doesn't.

An exception would be the fairly new line of Kimber 1911 pistols.  They come out of the box with all of the custom goodies that you pay dearly for after the fact.

If you have the budget for them - Wilsons are second to none but be sure to give the Kimbers a look see...

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sniper,

Well, I gotta call ya on this one.  the BEST 1911 handguns on the world are from:

http://www.bigbore-guns.com/

but then, they cost MORE than Wilson.

James

PS - Of course this is all subjective opinion.  But then I am always right. LOLs
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I almost forgot...

Wilson also has some nice AR configurations, tactical shotguns, and other goodies as well.

Check em out -

[url]www.wilsoncombat.com[/url]

[url]http://www.kimberamerica.com[/url]

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent my Springfield 1911-A1 to them last month for there deluxe trigger job plus a couple of there #47 mags.The gun is a real pleasure to shoot.They are real helpful with any questions.I was thinking of getting one of there barrels for it.They said to go with the Dwyer Group Gripper seeing how the stock barrel is still in good shape.The mags work great too.[pistol]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, all.  Troy, thanks for straighening me out on Wilson Arms.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Wilson Combat makes nice stuff, but they are substantially overpriced.  They get their slides and frames from Kimber and throw in 'Wilson' parts that they buy from other vendors and charge three times what a Kimber costs.  Are they nice guns?  Heck yeah!  Are they worth what Wilson wants for them?  Not in my opinion.  You get a much better gun from Les Baer or even Rock River Arms for generally less money.  Just my .02.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks, all.  Troy, thanks for straighening me out on Wilson Arms.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
View Quote
                                             Bill Wilson is the "guru" of 1911 handguns.....you can buy quality pistols from any number of places, but if you need parts or work, you can`t find any better.....wilson guns are top quality, if you can afford them. they will rework your gun also. as far as parts, instruction or mods, wilson is tops....[pistol]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top