User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not having a 3 lug or threaded barrel is what's keeping me from buying one.
View Quote

^yep

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't believe it would be importable if able to directly accept select fire parts,or at least why would rules be different for it than Turk guns?

And just before some dumbass repeats it,that "you suck and we hate you" line was stupid the first time it was said.
View Quote

In a world of compromise, some charge $300 extra for near Glock reliability. Because you suck and we hate you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In a world of compromise, some charge $300 extra for near Glock reliability. Because you suck and we hate you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't believe it would be importable if able to directly accept select fire parts,or at least why would rules be different for it than Turk guns?

And just before some dumbass repeats it,that "you suck and we hate you" line was stupid the first time it was said.

$300?
Aren't USPs four figures?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The HK SP5 is priced exactly where it should be, it's just that they forgot to install a paddle magazine release, 3-lug barrel, and gave it awful markings all over the gun.

Oh wait...
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The HK SP5 is priced exactly where it should be, it's just that they forgot to install a paddle magazine release, 3-lug barrel, and gave it awful markings all over the gun.

Oh wait...
View Quote
The arrow on the mount is the icing on the cake. The HK rep damn near went into shock when I asked if they thought we were stupid and needed the arrow to see which way it goes.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:49:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They should have owned this market.  For years.  Now the Sig MPX and CZ Scorpion are out.  I don't even remember how much HK was asking for this, but no thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
meh

They missed their opportunity by about a decade.

?

HK has been bringing good stuff here, blame a lot of fed regs.

They should have owned this market.  For years.  Now the Sig MPX and CZ Scorpion are out.  I don't even remember how much HK was asking for this, but no thanks.

Your right

Why go with a company / design from 30 years ago that chose not to market it to us until two new designs came out and are kicking ass in the market.

Really like the CZ and SIG "PDW"

Plus HK wants what over $2k for theres...and I use a HK USP 45 daily and know HK makes great weapons
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I paid roughly 1K for a USP Tactical in .45.

Can't justify 2700 for an MP5K clone.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Atlantic has them for WAY UNDER $2k.

ETA: im referring to clones, not HK.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:38:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SP5 is an MP5K clone.

At least I think that's what he's getting at.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Waste of money.

Sucker born every minute as evidenced by this thread, though.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Are we talking four or forty?

I bet I can find four HK fanboys with deep pockets in my town. 40? Not sure
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We have sold every one we have received in a matter of minutes for full MSRP

Are we talking four or forty?

I bet I can find four HK fanboys with deep pockets in my town. 40? Not sure
In the teens at this point

sold 2 today

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Waste of money.

Sucker born every minute as evidenced by this thread, though.  
View Quote

I want to smell the stag antler.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just curious, what year did you buy it? If you bought it in '89 at $800 that is roughly $1600 today adjusted for inflation. Factor in the extras that the SP5k comes with and their individual cost from the probably $2200-2300 dealer cost (and I am sure they will price dip a bit after the new wears off) and in reality you are not too far from what that SP89 cost you back in the day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh...I'll keep my SP89 which can accept a FA sear....cost me $800 back in the day

Just curious, what year did you buy it? If you bought it in '89 at $800 that is roughly $1600 today adjusted for inflation. Factor in the extras that the SP5k comes with and their individual cost from the probably $2200-2300 dealer cost (and I am sure they will price dip a bit after the new wears off) and in reality you are not too far from what that SP89 cost you back in the day.

Care to show the math?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#14]
HK first lets the AR15 dominate the US tactical firearms market for nearly 3 decades
Then they sit on their hands while multiple companies start importing HK clone firearms.
FINALLY they decide in 2016 to sell semi-auto versions to the US market, which is already crazy crowded.

Glad to see some factory HK guns hitting the market, people have been begging for this for years, but they def dropped the ball on this one as far as timing goes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Go buy a SIG MPX for $1500.

L OH FUCKING L

Talk about overpriced, sucks to even shoot that piece of crap suppressed.
View Quote

I feel like maybe you haven't?

Mine is great, and for the cost of the HK, I got the gun, two stamps, a can, stock, Geissele trigger, and a whole pile of mags and ammo.

The MPX is one of the smoothest shooting, cleanest-running guns out there, and bonus points for no sheet metal.

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Mine is great, and for the cost of the HK, I got the gun, two stamps, a can, stock, Geissele trigger, and a whole pile of mags and ammo.

The MPX is one of the smoothest shooting, cleanest-running guns out there, and bonus points for no sheet metal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

L OH FUCKING L

Once I get another trust for the 41p shit going, I want an MPX along side my Scorpion.  You ever shoot it suppressed?  I'm hoping the Rugged Obsidian plays nice with it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
No threaded barrel, no interest.

I'll stick with my MPX.

I wouldn't say I'm an HK fanboy, but I have several, and would have been all over this.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

L OH FUCKING L

I have shot both the MPX and my EVO, side by side, suppressed.  For a suppressed platform, there isn't even a comparison between the Evo and MPX, the Evo is better hands down.  The HK, I have yet to shoot, but I am sure it is just as good as the Evo as a suppressed platform.

Don't be upset that you could have been damn near two Evo's for the price of your MPX.  At least the HK is a higher quality gun than both of them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#19]
now that I see you have to totally replace the entire barrel to suppress it....... I'm giving this gun the " finger".... how fucking hard would it have been to include a 3 lug barrel?  or at least a barrel 2 inches longer, that could be threaded? holy shit, talk about customer survey  fail.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Been a long time since I owned an HK SP-89 but as I recall you could not really thread the barrel and add a proper
3 lug to it. If you wanted to go that route you had to have the barrel pressed out and have a new one pressed in.

I know my old MP5KPDW sear gun had that done so it could have a threaded 3 lug.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#21]
ARFCOM HK hate is comparable to the MSM's coverage of Trump.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#22]

My understanding, so there could be errors:

The original "K" guns weren't intended to run suppressors, hence the no 3 lug/threaded barrel. The idea was for a short, concealable MP5. A suppressor ruins that "concealability", so it wasn't in the original design.

It wasn't until the MP5K-PDW that they added the 3 lug.

The SP5K is supposed to be more of a reincarnation of the original "K" gun, so it would not have the 3 lug option.

What they should have done is also released a "PDW" version that included the 3 lug barrel, and added the paddle release to both versions. Most of the clone makers have done this, released both a "K" and a PDW version. I understand the paddle release was something they had to leave off for German export laws.

Personally, I went with the Zenith MKE because of the option of the 3 lug/threaded barrel. It was the release of the SP5K that got me interested in finally getting one, but in the end that 3 lug option drove me to the MKE.

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

No it wasn't.  

It was, and is, hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

L OH FUCKING L

Yeah, I'm thinking he's never shot the MPx suppressed or otherwise. The MPx lost a bit of ground due to the Scorpion, but the MPx is truly next level in the 9mm PDW market. The ability to utilize AR triggers is huge and, at least for mine, suppression is excellent, as is reliability.  I love my MP5 clone and my Scorp (and my Uzi and my TP9, etc...), but the only "sub gun" that touches the MPx, IMHO, is the APC.  Yes, I wish the MPX had a side charger, but otherwise its a sweet gun.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That line is an instant classic!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ARFCOM HK hate is comparable to the MSM's coverage of Trump.

That line is an instant classic!

No.

The hate towards both is warranted...
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Are the SP5Ks 922R compliant?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#28]
If H&K had some balls they'd whip up a semiauto pistol version of the MP7 for us.  The good news is that 4.6x30mm, being less than .22 caliber should be legal to import/manufacture in its regular, fun flavors unlike 5.7x28.

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm not interested in owning a semi MP5 but if I was I'd get the HK.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If H&K had some balls they'd whip up a semiauto pistol version of the MP7 for us.  The good news is that 4.6x30mm, being less than .22 caliber should be legal to import/manufacture in its regular, fun flavors unlike 5.7x28.

View Quote

The ATF would disagree, See 7N6 import ban.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wasn't impressed when I saw it at the NRA convention. Price is insane unless you're a diehard H&K fan boy.
View Quote

This^

$2500 price tag and it doesn't even come with a factory 3-Lug or paddle mag release...

I would rather just buy a Zenith and put the extra cash towards the tax stamp, stock, K-grip, and extra mags

Fanboys will be fanboys though

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I was excited for this even with the price tag as it is another possible sear host.  However the lack of paddle magazine release and 3-lug barrel decreased my interest immediately.

If I was going to just have a semi-auto 9mm SBR the SIG MPX would be my choice.  The CZ Evo is ok but the only one I shot was actually a post sample and the full-auto sucked compared to my roller delayed clones with autosear.  I guess in semi-auto only it would be ok.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm still waiting on the HK 243 semi G36.

Don't tell me they can't do it, they sell the MR556 here....
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#34]

That would be a home run at $1400 or there about.  But that is just not going to happen. The worst part is, HK has already recovered cost on the MP5 system, and roller locks in general.  But apparently  marketing and financial success is not in the companies core principals, evident by their recent financial woes.  Never the less, the sub 1500 would make bank. Sub 2k would do alright.  But over 2k, and it will remain boutique buyers toy.  Not saying it won't sell, but it won't sell anywhere as well as it could.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 2:47:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That would be a home run at $1400 or there about.  But that is just not going to happen. The worst part is, HK has already recovered cost on the MP5 system, and roller locks in general.  But apparently  marketing and financial success is not in the companies core principals, evident by their recent financial woes.  Never the less, the sub 1500 would make bank. Sub 2k would do alright.  But over 2k, and it will remain boutique buyers toy.  Not saying it won't sell, but it won't sell anywhere as well as it could.
View Quote

Please. The clones are more than $1400.  This is H&K, not Glock.

This would be a home run, grand slam at $2500 _if_ they hadn't neutered it.

The people who complain about HK's prices would still be complaining just like they always have, but the people who are willing to pay it would pay it with no qualms.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat and worry about paying for it later if they came with a 3 lug. But getting one on is not only expensive it's a PITA.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top