Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 6:51:52 AM EDT
This guy could have caused alot of problems and made some sort of example for the gungrabbers.
  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,88632,00.html
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This guy could have caused alot of problems and made some sort of example for the gungrabbers.
  [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,88632,00.html[/url]
View Quote

That guy needs to be put on the 'smart criminals' list.  Dude had $188,000 dollars.  What did he need to steal a car for???

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
A gyrocopter is a tiny aircraft that looks like a helicopter but is pushed by a rear-mounted propeller while the unpowered overhead blades create lift.
View Quote

Looks like the news agencies know about as much about aircraft as they do firearms.

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Gee Painless, that would seem to be a reasonable discription of the majority of gyrocopters being flown today. It was a little vague and a gyro could be quite large instead of "tiny" but the description was better than most firearms stories by a good bit. What did you have a problem with?

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, DonOhio39.  My mistake.  I misread it as saying the vehicle was "unpowered".  A careful re-read indicates they were just refering to the overhead blades.

Thanks for the correction.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I think a gyrocopter would be cool to [s]have[/s] build.

Small
Easy to fly
Simple
Don't need much of a runway
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
They've been showing a picture in the news, of a Postban AK variant with a thumbhole stock, that was supposedly his also.
Is that a Bushmaster bullpup on the link? It looks like it has a birdcage flash suppressor on the muzzle. I was under the presumption that those were all postban. Possible illegal convert?
I laughed at the idea that there is conspiracy of gun crimes going up around an upcoming ban, but boy I'm really kinda getting creaped out now. [peep]  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A gyrocopter is a tiny aircraft that looks like a helicopter but is pushed by a rear-mounted propeller while the unpowered overhead blades create lift.
View Quote

Looks like the news agencies know about as much about aircraft as they do firearms.

View Quote

Actually thats right about the gyro.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Old Painless: Oh, I get it, optical-cerebral dyslexia. Been there many times myself!

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Personally, I thought he was just getting ready to have some Industrial Strength Rock & Roll target practice.
But a $3 dollar lock?  And that note he wrote?
America’s Dumbest Criminals has a new Headliner.
[noclue]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably one of the nutts from ELF

http://www.earthliberationfront.com/main.shtml

Setting Fires With Electrical Timers - An Earth Liberation Front Guide

The politics and practicalities of arson. Down-to-earth advice and comprehensive how-to's about devices, fuel requirements, timers, security and more.
Available high quality for printing (17.2 Meg) and a lower quality for reading (2.6 Meg)

and more at this web page for eviro-wackoes.

Why the ATF has not raided this bunch is a mystery.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top