Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 6:03:50 AM EDT
[url]http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/weird_news/6009835.htm[/url]

(Or, maybe it was Steve Martin's cat)!

STANTON, Mich. - Jamie Muniz was relieved to see her cat, Debo, wander into her yard about a week after disappearing.

Her relief quickly gave way to horror and outrage when she took a closer look at her 8-year-old pet.

"He had two arrows right through his head," she said. "They stuck through about an inch right next to his eye and at least 3 1/2 inches out the back side of his ear. It almost looked like it was going diagonally through his head."

Despite Debo's predicament, Muniz said he was meowing and looking for his food when he returned to his home Friday in Stanton, about 37 miles northeast of Grand Rapids.

The surgery and other medical care needed to keep the cat alive cost "hundreds and hundreds of dollars," Muniz told The (Greenville) Daily News. She was stunned when someone offered to take care of it for free.

"We take in cats who aren't adoptable, mainly from rescue groups," said Roger Hodyka, co-founder of Cat Tail Farms Feline Sanctuary in Perry, a nonprofit feline-rescue organization.

He offered to pay for Debo to have the surgery at the Riverfront Animal Hospital in Lansing.

"They (the Muniz family) couldn't afford it and we said we couldn't afford it, but I didn't care," Hodyka said. "It's worth it. They can take my car away over it."

The Munizes dropped Debo off at his farm on Monday morning. Hodyka said Debo rubbed against him and ate some food.

"He acted like there was nothing wrong," he said.

The arrows were surgically removed that morning in a procedure that took about half an hour, he said. Debo ended up losing one of his eyes.

"We're waiting to see if there's swelling or a problem with the brain," Hodyka said.

If all goes well, the cat is expected to return home in a few days.

"I just can't believe he lived," Muniz said. "He's got nine lives, that's for sure."

[nana]

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I get really attached to my pets and laid down a credit card for one last year. However, going into so much financial debt that you may lose your car to save a cat is stoopid.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That shit pisses me off.
If I ever found out someone did that around my
neighborhood, I would beat the hell out of them
like the was no tomorrow.
View Quote

I agree, I'm not a big fan of cats. But I'm even less of a fan of people that torture animals for the fun of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top