Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's here! 106 for the high.
AB
View Quote

it may be that hot here, but I'm freezing my ass off...I want it to be 115-120, get's rid of all the snowbirds that havn't left yet...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah its sorta cold and really rainy here.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Colder than heck here too.  I have noticed that it stays cold longer in spring, and in fall it takes longer to get cold again.  In the winter, it is warmer then usual, and in summer it is cooler than usual.  In winter, we don't get as much snow, but in summer, it is rainy.  

My personal theory is that the seasons (or variations in weather conditions) are going to "average out" over time, and also I think that while there are 365 days a year, it probably takes 365.0003 days to get around the sun, so over time, the calendar and the seasons are getting out of sync.  Global warming, while not really making it hotter during the summer, could accelerate this process.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
it feels like the beginning of fall here
View Quote

It feels like hell here.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

you got that right.  Jeeze, May sucked like Feb.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Wherever it is, I hope it stays there; summers down here are miserably hot & humid.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Its unseasonably warm here. 80F today.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, been cloudy and cool here since mid-May. I can't really complain though as I hate it when it's 90 degrees outside and humidity off the charts. Too bad it can't be 75-80 degrees F all year around with low humidity! That would be sweet.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:22:19 AM EDT
[#11]
It is definitely summer here. It is regularly getting in the 100s, which usually doesn't start until July. Makes it really suck to go run at lunch.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:35:16 AM EDT
[#12]
How is the rain in the west? I hope we don't see another huge season of forest fires...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:37:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
it feels like the beginning of fall here
View Quote

It feels like hell here.
View Quote

But it's a F'n dry heat!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:07:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
really, it use to be hot in march....

global warming my arse
View Quote

I see you are in the Great lakes area.  This colder than normal pattern started last October.  There is no global warming.  During the big "Let's be commuglobalenviropussyist" in Koyoto (or whats its dink) Japan, hundreds of psuedoscientist said there was global warming.  Well, thousands of real scientist say there isn't.  The psuedoscientist do have scientifc credentials, but they prostituted and corrupted those when they layed face down and spread their cheeks for the concept of world wide "capitalism sucks, lets hold hands and sing Kumbya."

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:23:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How is the rain in the west? I hope we don't see another huge season of forest fires...
View Quote

High and dry. We've already had one fire that I know of.
AB
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Here in So. Calif.(L.A.) it has been cooler than usual, but exactly unusual. It drizzled the other day, which is not normal. In the Central Valley, it has been warmer than usual with temps in the high 90s°F and 100s°F.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#17]
man, you don't get Summer up in Michigan.  You get a little warm.  OOH! 85 degrees.  Hot $hit.  Sure, you occasionally get near 100.

Try down here.  We go over 100° for almost every day for THREE MONTHS.  A couple years ago we went over 90 consecutive days breaking the 100° mark.  Think that's not TOO bad?  Our usual summer days start off at 80° and near 100% humidity.  This affects the HEAT INDEX.  Most days feel like 110° or more.  A few years ago, the heat index went up to 132°!

Air conditioners in houses and new cars in Texas are NOT AN OPTION.

And you guys in Arizona... you think it's HOT there?  Sure, it is, but it's so freaking DRY, it ain't bad!  A few years ago, I was visiting family in Phoenix (might go again in late July this year), it was 115° outside.  My uncle and I step outside, he starts sweating like a stuck pig.  I stayed dry for 15 minutes before getting a little sweaty.  115° ain't bad in dry heat!  It's a bitch in direct sunlight, of course, but throw some HUMIDITY on it, and then tell me it was hot before!  (don't get me wrong AZ dudes, I was born in Phoenix and have family there and LOVE it there... I would move out there if the job market didn't SUCK.)

Anyway... it has been a little mild so far this year, so I can't bitch too much.  :)  

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Shit, I'm freezing my ass off here in Michigan.  52 for the high and rainy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My personal theory is that the seasons (or variations in weather conditions) are going to "average out" over time, and also I think that while there are 365 days a year, it probably takes 365.0003 days to get around the sun, so over time, the calendar and the seasons are getting out of sync.  
View Quote

Very good guess.  But Leap Year corrects the differnce every 4 years.

57 degress in New England.  Usually in the mid seventys this time of year.  And its been raining for as long as I can remember.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#20]
its a bitch down here in the asshole of texas, but the good news is that the 3 inch cracks in the soil might get to close up today..............theres rain on the horizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#21]
HOT!  That is what we have here in Phoenix.  Did I say it was hot.  It is like living in an oven.  Nothing left in the sun for a few minutes can be touched by human hands.  It is hot.

It reminds me of a joke I heard one time.  A young minister comes from California to Arizona to open a church.  A few months after he gets here he go back to California to report that he is not having any luck building a congregation.  When asked why, he responds that those that have lived in Arizona in the winter have no need of heaven, and those that have lived in Arizona during the summer have no fear of hell.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Gonna be in the mid-upper 90s here today. I hate it with a passion and my air conditioning is broken!

I like it between 65 and 75, moderately clowdy (so the bright sun doesnt get in your eyes and blind you), and you can't forget the occasional shower either!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My personal theory is that the seasons (or variations in weather conditions) are going to "average out" over time, and also I think that while there are 365 days a year, it probably takes 365.0003 days to get around the sun, so over time, the calendar and the seasons are getting out of sync.  Global warming, while not really making it hotter during the summer, could accelerate this process.
View Quote

Close.  It actually takes 365.25 days for the earth to make a complete revolution around the sun.  we just never acknowledge the extra .25 day a year, but we make up for it by adding a full day onto every fourth year.  Hence leap years.

EDIT: Whups, didn't see Kristofer's reply.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Summer does not start untill the 21st of june.

GG
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

you got that right.  Jeeze, May sucked like Feb.
View Quote

Nah! Here's a little reminder of February:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=7126[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=7127[/img]

Been saving these pics for when folks started complaining about the heat. We ain't really got it so bad....
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shit, I'm freezing my ass off here in Michigan.  52 for the high and rainy.
View Quote

Cheer up! It could 100. Its easier and cheaper to put on an extra sweater or two than to pay for power to cool your house. The rainy part is a pain, but such is life.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:

GG
View Quote

Actually, in Texas, it's Almost-Summer right now.  We have Not-Quite-Winter, Spring, Almost-Summer, Just-About-Summer, Summer, Super-Summer, Still-Summer, Fall/Summer, Fall, then back to Not-Quite-Winter.

Hey Gus?  What the hell is all that white shit??  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

GG
View Quote

Actually, in Texas, it's Almost-Summer right now.  We have Not-Quite-Winter, Spring, Almost-Summer, Just-About-Summer, Summer, Super-Summer, Still-Summer, Fall/Summer, Fall, then back to Not-Quite-Winter.

Hey Gus?  What the hell is all that white shit??  
View Quote

All I know is I have yet to have to shovel rain.

Mowing is getting to be a pain though, the lawn looks great for about two days and then it's time to cut again...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#30]

GG
View Quote

Tell that to my dog that I am putting to sleep tonight because it is too hot to have outside, and she can't be allowed inside unless she is supervised.

In phoenix when you open the front door of your house it is like sticking your head in the oven.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Here in the Cinci area it's been hovering around 60 degrees for about a week.  Today it's in the lower 70s though.  For most of April and part of May we had been having pretty warm temperatures, around 70-80 degrees much of the time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

GG
View Quote

Tell that to my dog that I am putting to sleep tonight because it is too hot to have outside, and she can't be allowed inside unless she is supervised.

In phoenix when you open the front door of your house it is like sticking your head in the oven.
View Quote

And it ain't even hot yet. [:D]
AB
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#33]
The only thing that's cold here is the beer. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quit yer whinin'

It SNOWED here today.

SRM
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My personal theory is that the seasons (or variations in weather conditions) are going to "average out" over time, and also I think that while there are 365 days a year, it probably takes 365.0003 days to get around the sun, so over time, the calendar and the seasons are getting out of sync.  
View Quote

Very good guess.  But Leap Year corrects the difference every 4 years.

View Quote

Not quite. It's 365.24xxxxxxx days per year. Leap year is also an approximation. It will eventually require correction as well. BTW leap years occur every year that's divisible by 4 except 00. Years ending in 00 are only leap years if they are divisible by 400. 2000 was a leap year. 2100 will not be.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah it's making me mad. I haven't been able to get much shooting in.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't forget the Earth's spin is slowing at 1/2000th of a second each day.  That means the surface is exposed to sunlight for a longer time and shaded for a longer time each day (the days are getting longer).  Also, the wobble on the planet's axis is rapidly steadying from a cosmic upset approximately 4500 years ago.  Nothing is constant on this rock.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah it's making me mad. I haven't been able to get much shooting in.
View Quote

God help us!!!  HE'S GETTING MAD!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#39]
OK -
I got your summer, I got it right here!
It's hot, damn hot, and starting to get humid!
I just heard on a TV station that this is the seventh hotest spring in recorded history in AZ.
It's not as bad up north where I'm at - PRC, compared to PHX, but still it's hot compared to what I'm used to here....
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

GG
View Quote

View Quote

...that's kinda drastic...my dog lived outside in the heat all of her life, she didn't like to be inside.  Id hose her off once a day during the heat and her bucket of waster was changed daily, we had her shaved, she also had shade and grass though.

But ya, it's kinda hot...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#41]
My dog had become diabetic and was having hip problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top