Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/4/2003 5:02:45 PM EDT
1  To ask if it is a preban bulb

1  To ask if it is legal to replace the entire bulb, or should a parts kit be used instead

2  to argue that bulbs should not be regulated (it's a light, not a priviledge)

2  to hijack the thread an discuss wooden vs. aluminum ladders for tactical light changing

1  to post IBTL  (In Before The Lightbulb)

1  to ask that a new forum be created for lightbulb discussions

1 to post a link to his lightbulb for sale in the EE

1 to ask if a hi-cap bulb would be better than 3 low cap bulbs in a tactical holder

1 to ask where to order Mil-Spec lightbulbs, and 3 to flame him for being a 'wanna be'-Soldier for using Mil-Spec bulbs without serving.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
one guy to shoot the old one.
another guy to clean out parts of the old one.
yet another to hold the new one.
one more to ask dumb questions like 'can i put a post ban light bulb in a preban socket?'

maybe one more trying to get a group buy going.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
NONE, we all go to NVG's.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the six that would pull out various alternative light sources; and then go off on how you should be prepared.

Oh, and at least one pointing out the government conspiracy to make us live in the dark.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as these lightbulbs are USGI bulbs and not Wolf bulbs, you will have a much better chance of them not jamming themselves in the lightsocket.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
1 to ask what brand lightbulb was used in [b]HEAT[/b][:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha, behold my tactical lightbulb, you lowly civilians! For I am....the Light Enforcement Officer!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As long as these lightbulbs are USGI bulbs and not Wolf bulbs, you will have a much better chance of them not jamming themselves in the lightsocket.
View Quote

I've used thousands of Wolf bulbs and never had a problem.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
5 to wait for Cav Arms to put out multi-color tinted bulbs
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#9]
2 to debate the maximum light output from 14.5, 16, 20, and 24 watt bulbs

[edited]
then wonder why the room's dark when they add a flash suppressor
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#11]
The question is moot. AR15.com members aint scared of the dark.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#12]
You wouldn't be asking this question if we had common sense light bulb laws in place.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#13]
2 to argue the effectiveness of 5.56 watt bulbs vs .223 watt bulbs and 1 more to tell them how stupid they are for not using a .308 watt bulb.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You are crazy! Why would you put wolf bulbs in your USGI lightsockets. What do you want, cheaper general illumination in your house? If the SHTF, I will only use USGI bulbs, but for general lighting I use Wolf. Try a couple bulbs in your house and see if wolf bulbs cause problems. I hope they don't blow all of the breakers and jam the sockets, they didn't in my house. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Another to ask about where you could find a MARPAT bulb, three others to tell him why he shouldn't be allowed to do so, and one moderator to finally lock the topic.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#16]
15 to debate partial socket lightbulb removal
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#17]
5 to start clone topics asking why the original lightbulb thread was locked.

2 mods or staff to lock the clone topics.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have a winner.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#19]
OK...
1-Who reads to much into this whole topic and that the Light is really a religious topic.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#20]
One to point out that Thomas Edison was actually a Freemason, and that the lightbulb was part of a secret Illuminati conspiracy to make people more susceptible to mind-control by reducing their hours of sleep.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#21]
1 guy to post a "change of lightbulb pic"

3 to complain about the lack of a properly accompanying gun and knife

2 to complain about the lack of a tape measure and power drill

1 to defend the original poster, questioning the validity of the "power drill in every lightbulb pic" rule

and finally,

1 to declare AWOB!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I, for one, would never befoul by light socket with Wolf bulbs!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#23]
(it's a light, not a priviledge)
View Quote

[rofl2]

Good list.  Thanks for the laugh.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#24]
[size=6][b]IBT[/b][/size=6][img]http://depts.washington.edu/mti/1997/pics/lightbulb/Nsf221.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
One to point out that Thomas Edison
View Quote

I missed this one or [i]I[/i] would have noted that Edison could have not done any of the light bulb work without the carbon filament, replacing paper fiber, developed and patented their manufacture by Louis Latimer, [b]a diversity employee[/b]....[;)]

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#26]
1 to ask how these numbers were reached and whether there is any scientifically reproducible testing methods to support these claims! (Hey, I am fond of the ammo forum...lol).

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:24:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:53:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damned Straight!
We're not Scared of the Dark; the Dark is scared of us!

Note:  I actually heard that line used last Winter.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:46:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do LEO's get lightbulbs with special features?....maybe a higher wattage perhaps?
View Quote

1 to start a thread about LEO lightbulb envy.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#30]
About a dozen with inane lightbulb coments just to rack up higher post counts.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#31]
And finally, ComputerGuy to weave a long-winded tale of intrigue in which he was going to change the lightbuld, but fell on his ass as his ladder was being stolen out from under him. On the way to the hospital, the ambulance is in a wreck, and the drivers are killed. This, somehow, sparks a riot, and the ambulance is attacked by various malcontents. Film at 11. So, CG finally makes it to the hospital, but they're out of hospital gowns. He has to use a trash bag, but it turns out he's allergic to PVC. Now he's got a broken tailbone and a full-body rash. His girlfriend is so horrified by the sight of him in this state, that she leaves him for some dude she met in a pool hall. Finally, CG gets out of the hospital, only to find that his goldfish now has fin rot, his refrigerator has fallen through the kitchen floor, a tornado has ripped the roof off his house and all of his guns are rusted shut. So he logs on AR15.com to ask: "How can I make my own CLP?"
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't forget...

1 to take picture of the bulb changing.
1 to to Photoshop said picture.
1 to call the boss of the 1 did the Photoshop! [;)][:D]

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#33]
1 To say there is the BOTD(Bulb Of The Day) section, on "that other board"
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And finally, ComputerGuy to weave a long-winded tale of intrigue in which he was going to change the lightbulb,....
View Quote

[lol]...but seriously....didn't that ALREADY happen to him?????? [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#35]

2 To act condescending towards the other members cause they have superior, Pre-Ban bulbs
3 To fire back that their post-ban bulbs perform the same function of the pre-ban bulbs with only minor cosmetic differences and at a fraction of the cost
1 to sit and rail on the other 5 because he has a class III bulb
1 to organize a group purchase of post-ban bulbs before the bulb-grabbers ban those too.
1 to bitch about how the NBA (National Bulb Association) is trading our rights away for the sportsmen and how we should join the BOA (Bulbowners of America).
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#36]
My bushmaster bulb is as close to milspec as you can get (is).  RRA makes good bulbs too for the money.

Don't use a preban bulb in a postban socket...

and NJ still has an Automated Wattage Ban of its own, so when the AWB sunsets, we're still in the dark.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#37]
1 to ask if he should get the bulb w/ the break on the 16w version.

40 to bark insults as to the newbie's wrong usage of the word "brake".

1 to announce that the 16w version w/ said brake is too 'bright'.

4 to concur w/ previous poster

6 to disagree and state that there is little difference b/t 16w or even 20w w/ brake or not.

1 to announce a group purchase on J&T bulbs in Build it yourself.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Three:

- One to ask where he can get a MARPAT lampshade.

- One to say only Marines should be allowed to own MARPAT lampshades.

- One Marine to say he supports the right of civilians to own any damn lampshade they want.

[marines]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#39]
[hijack]
Guys, I'm having a FTL (failure to light) malfunction with my new Sylvania Sporter in the 60W range.  I applied a generous amount of CLP to the socket and was careful to scrub away all the fouling.  The bulb fits in the socket pretty tightly; I haven't noticed any play between the socket and the bulb.  When I go to flip the switch, nothing happens.  Any ideas?
[/hijack]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#40]
None.

The light bulb is going to have to want to change itself.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Don't forget the youthful members waiting until they are old enough to buy their very own lightbulb.  Meanwhile, they spend their valuable study time writing long stories about their dad's "SWEET" lightbulb and the time they lit up an entire football stadium with an 8 watt florescent, or arguing that irregardless is a proper word because it sounds smart.

SBG

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#43]
1 to put on his tin-foil hat before changing the lightbulb.

1 to comment on the superiority of the glowstick vs the light bulb.

1 to post pictures of lightbulbs being used by some military branch in Iraq as proof of design superiority (over said glowstick).

1 to post a link to a previous thread in which this has already been discussed.

1 to make said link "hot"
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#44]
ahhh, can't forget....

the start of a requirement to post a lightbulb in a dinner picture, along with:

Tape measure / Measuring device
Stapler
Knife
Sidearm
Firearm
Beverage

.....oh, and food! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Isn't SteyerAug having a group purchase on lightbulbs?
View Quote

I can get them cheaper than Steyr's GP at [url]http://www.scspfc.com/images/middle_finger.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#46]
1 to say "I'd hit it"

4 to argue that only posers would use a post-ban bulb with fake pre-ban bulb features

3 to say that if we elected Libertarians, we wouldn't have to change bulbs

75 to go to other boards and bitch about how the mods are telling everyone how to change lightbulbs, and how arfcom is really going downhill since the bulb burned out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do LEO's get lightbulbs with special features?....maybe a higher wattage perhaps?
View Quote

Yes, you can get those 3-way bulbs that the "rest of us" have to fill out a form, get a background check, and pay a $200 per bulb tax to obtain.
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Several Commifornistan members complaining that lightbulbs are illegal in their state, and one guy that still uses them anyway. Then the guy that still uses them will get narc'ed on by someone at the bulb range.
Then some members will draw a line in the sand and state how they will never let the Gov. take their bulbs away.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Let's not forget the 2 members that have to post a dozen "Happy Bannana Dance" images when the light bulb finally does get replaced.

Edited to add:  BTW:  I just wasted my 200th post on this topic and I have yet to post my obligatory lightbulb picture.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#50]
On the flipside, how many DU'ers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Zero.  They will unanimously move to pass legislation banning the evil darkness, under the ignorant misconception that said legislation would simply cause the darkness to cease to exist after having been banned.

"The darkness is a deadly tool used by terrorists to act out their malicious assault against innocent civilians.  It's also the weapon of choice for gang members and criminals." - Joe DU'er
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top