Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 4:48:10 PM EDT
If the assault weapon ban comes to be a thing of the past and is voted down by congress, are we going to be able to modify our rifles any way we want them, ie, new mags, flash surpressors, etc.?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I think so...anything but full-auto...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Gonna get me soldering iron out.  Gonna solder me on a bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Mags? Oh, you mean will they make "new manufacture" 30 rd. USGI spec mags available to the public? For $5 each?  [ROFL2]

(Edited cause I can't spell when I'm laughing.)

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#4]
lol !!  That's what we should do all right!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
$5 dollar mags would be nice.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Everything I've read tell's me that a bayonet lug is useless.  Why do I still want one.  Guess I've always liked knives or maybe it's the government telling me I can't have it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Everything I've read tell's me that a bayonet lug is useless.
View Quote

That's why I put a sword lug on my AK and a chainsaw lug on my AR.  Kind of heavy, but it looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw one site that had 30-rd 10/22 mags for close to $100 each!!!!  I was wondering if there are people who actually pay that much for a mag for their .22?!

Sep next year they should be back in production & on the shelves at Wally World, IF we keep up the pressure!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#10]
WHEN it sunsets (Sunsetting is like dying and paying taxes on this bill), AND A NEW AW ban is NOT in place,...

Gun rights will be reset to the day AFTER the import ban.

It will be as though the last 10 years of 2nd amendment infringements NEVER happened. Since the only place LEO mags and receivers are mentioned is in the 1994 AW ban, you will be able to buy all the LEO-stamped mags and receivers you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top