Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2001 3:41:07 PM EDT
i posted this in another topic, but i think it needs its own. what states (if any) let 18 y/o buy and or own handguns. is 21 a fedral deal or what, little help please.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
In MI you can buy a handgun "used" at age 18 but can't buy from FFl.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
This link should contain all info you are looking for on the subject.  Just plug in the state(s) you are looking for.

[url]http://www.packing.org[/url]

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
that site dosent have what im looking for.

anyone else got somthing?
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, like if my dad had a pistol and i took it when i graduate HS. can i have it being 18 y/o? this is kinda what im looking for
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Most states allow you to buy and possess a handgun at age 18 from a private seller. Unfortunetly for Iowa, which is where I think you're from it's 21 to buy and 21 to possess. My state California is 21 to buy and 18 to possess. Most states however are 18 to buy and 18 to possess from private sellers but not FFL.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know if the background checks at gun shows (in colorado) still allow handgun sales to those under 21 if it is a private sale? I thought that it would but now they are trying to push a bill to ban handgun sales to anyone under 21. So does the over 21 law only apply to licensed dealers as the law states, or did the background checks also block private sales to people under 21?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
what if im leaving iowa, can i still "buy form my dod if he's from iowa and im in a less restricive state?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#8]
matt, here is a site with all the minimum age requirements by state: [url]http://www.soros.org/crime/guncontrol.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top