Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 2:52:02 PM EDT
I just got back from taking 26, 8 year old girls to lazer zone for a birthday party.  I wasn't sure if it was a good idea because they are, well, little girls.  They showed a five minute video on how to do battle in the room, Towers and power plants etc.  After the video a number of girls were crying and said they didn't want to be blown up or shoot somebody.  I explained it was just a game, not to worry, and I would be in the room with them.  They split into two 13 girl teams and  they battled for a half hour.  Not much happened, a lot of running around and ducking. One point for a kill and twenty for blowing the opposing teams power plant lead to scores of 20 to 15.  We took a break for cake and ice cream and I noticed the girls were starting to get it.  "somebody need to go up in the tower and shoot them as they go to recharge their lasers" (sniper team).  " someone needs to hide behind the corner and shoot them when they come to attack us" (ambush). The next round was a bloodbath, lasers flying everwhere, massive casuaties, organized attacks on the powerplants.  Scores jumped to 200 to 175.  Absolute carnage.  I had to drag them out of there and on the bus home they sang a song called "boys go to jupiter to get more stupider and girls go to college to get more knowledge"  I'll call them "Squeal Team Six"
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
[LOL]

Introducing 26 eight year-old girls to Lazer Tag: ~$100.00

One of those little girls having the presence of mind 14 years later to double-tap a would be rapist: [b]Priceless[/b]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Believe me, that thought has occured to me.  I intend to introduce my daughter to shooting sports.  If she doesn't like it, I'll understand.  But whether she likes it or not, by the time she is sixteen she will know how to operate a semi auto pistol and shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
taliboom your daughter will love to shoot.  I bought mine one of those Marlin youth single shot .22's when she was 7. She's 15 now and while she has shot everything in my inventory (AR, M1A, FAL, pistols etc) she is still partial to her M1 Carbine. I would NOT want to be uncovered out passed 100yrds with her shooting that little jewel at me.  She cleans up real nice too.  The way she looked in her prom dress a few weeks ago made me think about the need to keep her safe from all of the trash out there.  But then again she can more than take care of herself.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Next time-[i]paintball!!![/i][:D]

If they thought laser tag indoors was fun playing paintball capture the flag outdoors will really have them bouncing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
She is 7:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13264[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My kids got an early start too.

[img]http://flymeaway.net/images/k&c.jpg[/img]

[img]http://flymeaway.net/images/c.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She is 7:

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13264[/url]
View Quote

She must have started shooting at age 5,...

SHE BETTER PICK UP ALL THOSE BRASS AND SHELLS!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#8]
that story was great!

When i was all into that, we went in groups of threes.  pretty bad ass too.  we had all kinds of tactical scenarios.  then we moved to paintball.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
These are the kinds of stories and pics that make liberals wet themselves.

Well done and keep up the good work.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey AFARR whut you gonna do when you fill up that gully with brass and shotgun shells?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]
When my little girl was a little girl she hated guns, camping , hunting and every thing related. She is now 24 training to be a Army Nurse. On her first paintball game in College ROTC she took out a entire squad of guys. When asked were she learned how to do that" I don't know .I guess I picked it up from Daddy on all those camping trips as a kid." She will graduate as a First LT. in about a year. Damn Proud of her its her second degree and she joined because it was the right thing to due.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#12]
My pride in you people is only second to my pride in your children.

There may be hope yet.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#13]
"That gully" is the Pit at the Buffalo Range in Ottawa, IL.   All that brass and shells makes a delightful crunching under your feet as you walk--kind of like new fallen snow....

Gotta start them early to get them comfortable with their rifles and handguns.

AFARR
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I went to Lazer tag with my brother and his daughter.

She found out quickly that her Uncle Ed is the leader of the Slow/White/Male race and proceded to stand over my dead carcass, giving me no chance to recover. [chair]

Needless to say, I loved every minute of it.

ED
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top