Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 12:48:23 PM EDT
[url]http://www.dailytimesonline.com/news/stories/20030515/opinion/301187.html [/url]

CRC
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If the House does not act in time, AK-47s and 18 other types of semiautomatic weapons with multi-round clips would be legal again.
View Quote

First of all they are all currently legal,

And Secondly, what is a multi-round MAGAZINE?  8 rounds?  10 rounds?  12 rounds?
2 rounds???
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Torf,

Just proof positive that they (the paper) are fucking morons.  

I wish stupidity were painful... they would be in so much pain, they couldn't write that CRAP.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes two or more rounds qualifies as a "multi-round" magazine. Whatever I wrote Gov. Ehrlich a letter telling him why I would NOT be returning to my home once I was finnished with my career in the Army. Although I'm tempted to become independantly wealthy and move BACK to MD with all kinds of liberal pissin' off toys.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What a crock, everyone knows that Paper lives in so cal. Who is this Maryland guy anyway?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]
While opponents of the ban have maintained it violates the constitutional right to bear arms, the Founding Fathers could never have imagined they were protecting Uzis when they were crafting the Bill of Rights.
View Quote

The founding fathers and liberators of America WERE using the UZIs,AKs,and ARs of their time!

I'm sure they completely understood.

What idiots.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Amazing what a moron with a pen can do.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
and this coward doesnt even list her/his name or email so we can respond.  COWARD!!!!!

Mindless propaganda tripe
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]
My letter to the editor:

In your "Assault weapon ban may expire" editorial on May 15, you indicated "Those weapons are frequently used in violent crimes, including the deaths of scores of law enforcement officials."

This is simply not true.

According to FBI statistics, rifles of any type are only used in about 3% of homicides annually. Criminologist Gary Kleck estimates that assault weapons are used in less than .5% of all violent crimes. In 2001, a Justice Department report found no evidence that the ban had a statistically impact on violent crime

Using hyperbole to further your agenda is dishonest. Please have the courage to post a correction. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Who is fuggin' Delmarva?

bd
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who is fuggin' Delmarva?

bd
View Quote

It's a contraction of Delaware, Maryland and Virgina.  All of which own a piece of the pennisula between the Chesepeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Interesting... I don't really consider myself a Conservative, much less Right Wing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess that means only "left wigers" dont want us to have them...
hmmm I wonder why?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Lies, Lies, Lies all.  I know Democrats that want that peice of garbage AWB to expire.  A lot of Dems here voted for Bush because of the gun issue.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#14]
what is a left whigger?

?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
what is a left whigger?

?
View Quote

[revenge of the nerds] What the the Fvck is a frush?[/revenge of the nerds]  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey, I live in another country and even I replied to them about that editorial:

In regard to the editorial article "Assault weapon ban may expire".

I noticed a particularly bad logical fallacy in this editorial, relating to "the Founding Fathers could never have imagined they were protecting Uzis when they were crafting the Bill of Rights."

The Founding Fathers also never imagined ball point pens, radios, television, telephones, computers and the internet when they drafted the First Ammendment. If it is reasonable to argue that one ammendment to the Bill of Rights should be limited to what the Founding Fathers could have imagined, is it not reasonable to make the same argument for every ammendment? I suggest your newspaper stop using any device not in use at the time when the First Ammendment was drafted (including electric powered printing presses) when producing your newspaper. After all, not only did the Founding Fathers not anticipate any of the technological devices used in modern journalism, the pen is mightier than the sword.

Edit: Bugger! Their letter to the editor interface choked on me. It looks like my note didn't get through. Oh well.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Any politician with a pen is much more dangerous than anyone I know that owns an "Assault Weapon".

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
what is a left whigger?

?
View Quote

A white leftist who wishes he was black.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Interesting... I don't really consider myself a Conservative, much less Right Wing.
View Quote

Good for you! Left wing, Right wing, Conservative, Liberal, Democrat, Republican those are just politically correct labels that peole wear to describe their politically correct views. Once you accept one of these titles you are subject to attack by an opposing title bearer. I don't play those games. If I were to accept a title it would be the reform party. In my opinion all politicians are crooks and are for sale to the highest bidder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top