Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2001 3:26:32 PM EDT
There, just my humble attempt to generate a HOT TOPIC!!!!

It seems that if you just mention it....BLAM!!!!!!! The thread just seems to take on a life of its own!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Lock the topic before the insanity begins.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]

[size=4][red][center][i][b]BTT[/b][/i][/center][/red][/size=4]

[center][:D][/center]

Link Posted: 4/29/2001 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
OK I'm in!  I'll be the atheist with an exaggerated sense of self and a mediocre command of little to no philosophy who criticizes people for mispelling words while I misspell words myself in that very post.

Then, when somebody calls me on my misspelling, I'll weasel out of it!

"Depend[b][size=4]A[/b][/size=4]nt."

[ Edited to misspell because Cible isn't used to it ]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]Religion:[/b] - What man came up with to replace the [b]Relationship[/b] God is looking for in the first place...

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Can I be the guy who flawlessly makes it to church every week to show people he is a good guy, but always manages to find the time to beat his wife, do a line of crack, make his kids kill their pets, and collect welfare.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the last few threads on religion  have shown us the diversity on this board. I enjoyed them just as much as talking guns. I do come here to talk guns as a primary topic of discussion.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey enigma, how do you do a 'line' of crack????  In all my time working dope, I've never heard of it being snorted.  I think if you tried it, you'd probably just end up with some very expensive boogers and no high.  Not a flame, man, just curious!
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]
There`s an old saying that seems to be true............where religion and politics is concerned.....there is no end to the arguement......bottom line is, TO EACH HIS OWN..........[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Naw Cible, you can be the crank who has no real argument to make and only enters a debate to throw around baseless accusations and fails to contribute in any other way.  It's the role for which you were born.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OK I'm in!  I'll be the atheist with an exaggerated sense of self and a mediocre command of little to no philosophy who criticizes people for mispelling words while I misspell words myself in that very post.
then, when somebody calls me on my misspelling, I'll weasel out of it!
"Depend[b][size=4]A[/b][/size=4]nt."
[ Edited to misspell because Cible isn't used to it ]
View Quote

I wish I had said that. Very good Cible.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#11]
my god has a bigger d!ck than your god
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wish I had said that.
View Quote

If you want, we can pretend you did...it would still be as original as when Cible said it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:02:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Okay, cool...I'll be the Celtic Pagan who makes wry commentary about Bible-thumpers needing everyone to believe as they do so they don't get their beliefs questioned.  Who wants to be the Neo-Wiccan?  This is fun.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Okay, I'm in.  I'll be the Conservative Irish Catholic guy who thinks that those who are [b]ignorantly[/b] critical of "Religion" are generally insecure people looking for a means of self-empowerment.

Also, I'd like to remind those "anti-religion" athiests that Athesism is a "religion" itself.

Michigander in Maryland
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Naw Cible, you can be the crank who has no real argument to make and only enters a debate to throw around baseless accusations and fails to contribute in any other way.  It's the role for which you were born.
View Quote

No, thank you, I'll maintain my role as the hypocritical weenie who misspells words while accusing others of being uneducated because they misspelled words.  Then, when somebody catches me on it, I will shed all semblance of dignity and character while I weasel out of it and try to explain how I actually [i]meant to do that[/i] (suggested mental image: Pee Wee Herman crashing his bike and refusing to admit it was an accident).

Yup, I'll just keep talking shit about my atheist ethics and all of that while assiduously avoiding using any.  All of this with my panties in a big ol' knot!

Unless you're jealous and you want your role back.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:23:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Why would I be jealous of your warped imagination?  Because that's the only place that character exists.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, you all KNOW what role I'd play.

In the interest of saving bandwidth, just imagine what my comments would be, and then go ahead and flame me for them.  [:D]

Marching toward 1,000 posts.... [:D]

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:57:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Actually, Rik, that character, yours, exists right here:

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=18561[/url] is the overall thread.

On page 2, here: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=18561&page=2[/url] you misspell Pascal as "Paschal," while in a subsequent post on the same page, you criticize somebody else's spelling.  I don't mind quoting since I expect you to delete the threads that expose you as a hypocritical double-standard elitist liar:

Quoted:
These are both examples of Paschal's Wager which is a logical fallacy. The belief/nonbelief debate is NOT an either-or position. The Hindus would tell Christians AND nonbelievers that we're both wrong. The Zoroastrians would do likewise. As would the Muslims.
View Quote

From a subsequent post on that same page:
Quoted:
First off, use a spell and grammar check. Second, use capital letters to start your sentence. Failing that it is difficult to parse your writing.
View Quote

BUT WAIT!  THERE'S MORE!  Look on page 3:[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=18561&page=3[/url]

Quoted:
Somehow I have a hard time believing you've read several science books when you can't even SPELL "evolution" correctly, much less "explanation."
View Quote

But, in that [i]SAME POST[/i] you yourself misspell! Again!  Check it out:

Quoted:
Because you don't live on an island by yourself. You have to live among other people and be dependant on them to treat you fairly.
View Quote

DependAnt is the wrong way to spell it, though I know you'll continue to try to weasel out of admitting so.  Please continue to do so.  I've heard your argument that "dependant" is a variant of "dependent," but that a pile of CRAP since one is an adjective and the other is a noun, and they are not interchangeable.  No matter, though, because this dude named Blaise Pascal spelled HIS OWN NAME P-A-S-C-A-L.  "Paschal" relates to Easter, which is a religious holiday.  And, in this context, an amusing and apropos Freudian slip.

You are such a frikkin' JOKE.

You criticize others for their spelling errors, while misspelling yourself!  Then, when somebody points that out to you, you deny it!  If you have ANY self-respect, it is not shown by anything you say or do here on this board.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Religion: - What man came up with to replace the Relationship God is looking for in the first place...
View Quote

On target, Sniper.

Religion doesn't necessarily include God.

Eddie

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:10:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Actually, Rik, that character, yours, exists right here:
View Quote

Yep, right there in your warped little brain.
Nothing you snipped proves what you claim it does, and the fact that you believe it does says more about your obsession with me and your lack of imagination than anything else.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Keep wriggling, keep squirming, the proof is all there.  Until you delete it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Unless it's your intent to try and get out of the "dependAnt" and "Paschal" things, or to claim that you didn't criticize others' intelligence for misspelling, or that you admitted to making those mistakes yourself, etc., etc....

THAT I would love to see you try!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By The Sniper:
[b]Religion:[/b] - What man came up with to replace the [b]Relationship[/b] God is looking for in the first place...

The Sniper
View Quote

Very well said Sniper!

Religion is what the Scribes and the Pharasees had in biblical times.  They were full of it but they were hypocrits and they were blind and lost.  They had no relationship with the Lord......only with themselves, their collections and their laws.

Good one Garandman......ditto for me.

[b]Cible and RikWriter:  You guys married or something?[/b]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

You certainly are dogged in your determination to make yourself look foolish, I do give you that.  I suppose if you're firm in your avocation as a fool, it's best to do your best at it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Change the subject, blah blah blah.

You are a hypocrite, it's for all to see.  Your ethics suck, go get some morals.

Run away from your assertions if you want, as before, to save bandwidth I'll quit now so you can have the last word.  Even if it is something as brilliant (to a 5th grader) as: "So, Cible, you won't answer, huh?  I guess that means I'm right."
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You certainly are dogged in your determination to make yourself look foolish, I do give you that.  I suppose if you're firm in your avocation as a fool, it's best to do your best at it.
View Quote

Man, if I had a dime everytime I met someone like you I'd be the owner of Microsoft.  

Why do those who feel the need to be a "bad ass" rag on those who choose to believe in God?  Exactly how does their faith affect YOU?

Rest assured Rik, that everybody on this board is in awe of your intellectual superiority and your 12 inch prick.  You have a huge arsenal of weapons and the US Army fears you.  Women want to be with you and men want to be just like you.

We all think you're cool. Now give us a break.

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#27]
I think "The Sniper" said it best...

"Religion: - What man came up with to replace the Relationship God is looking for in the first place..."

Religion has VERY little to do with God, and TOO MUCH to do with man.

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Man, if I had a dime everytime I met someone like you I'd be the owner of Microsoft.  
View Quote

No, you'd be dimeless.

Why do those who feel the need to be a "bad ass" rag on those who choose to believe in God?
View Quote

Beats me, I never ragged on anyone who chose to believe in God.  I ragged on a couple people who don't understand science and made false statements about it.  And when ATTACKED for beliefs that certain people ASSumed I had, I responded in kind.  I have no problem with anyone who believes in God. My wife believes in God.  My whole family believes in God.  What I have a problem with is people who make false statements about things of which they are not knowledgable.

We all think you're cool. Now give us a break.
View Quote

Give you a break?  Sorry, I was unaware I had been "picking on" Christians.  As far as I can tell, I as responding to unprovoked personal attacks by some nameless, faceless idiot that goes by the screen name of Cible.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Isn't it "knowledgeable?"

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Had to beat Cible.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Beats me, I never ragged on anyone who chose to believe in God.  I ragged on a couple people who don't understand science and made false statements about it..
View Quote

What about "science" don't these people understand?

(edited to remove extraneous material accidently included)
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Don't kid yourselves, people.

Science is a religion, just as much as any other system of belief is.

And perhaps no greater evidence of science as religion exists that that of the belief in evolution.

tell me which takes more faith - to believe that a formless, unintelligent, blob of goop transformed itself into human life, or to believe that a MAster Designer created human life??

And PLEASE don't give me that crap about "natural selection" being the driving force behind evolution.

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By The Sniper:

[sniper]
The Sniper
View Quote

Nice one Sniper!![beer] I agree completly!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Aw, shucks, this had all the makings of a raging fine donneybrook about religion and it got distracted and diluted and confused.  I'm gonna go throw some chicken bones over my shoulder in the graveyard.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Two pages and one post that actually made any sense.

Religion will always be the divisive factor amongst ourselves, unless we are ready to look at ourselves as gunowners. And owners of a specific type of gun that always seems to be under scrutiny, even from our fellow gunowners.

So whether you are a Christian, A Buddhist or even a Sith lord for all I care. Why start topics like that just to have topics like this?

Closed

Kuiper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top