Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 8:03:48 AM EDT
Did anyone see Hardball with Chris Matthews on Monday? Topic of discussion was liberal bias in the media with the LA Times Editor, John  Carroll, sent a memo to his top deputies that read in part:

"I’m concerned about the perception, and the occasional reality, that the "Times" is a liberal, politically correct newspaper. Generally speaking, this is an inaccurate view, but occasionally, we prove our critics right. We did so today with a front page story on the bill in Texas that would require abortion doctors to counsel patients that they may be risking breast cancer."
View Quote

The memo goes on to say,

"I want everyone to understand how serious I am about purging all political bias from our coverage. We may happen to live in a political atmosphere that is suffused with liberal values and is unreflective of the nation as a whole, but we are not going to push a liberal agenda in the news pages of the "Times."
View Quote

You can read the transcript here:

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/921483.asp[/url]

I think this kicks total ass, and it's about time someone woke to the reality that despite their best efforts as an industry, what the media presents represents a fractional minority of the population as a whole.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll believe it when they have a 10 year long record of nothing but unbiased truth.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds more like CYA for all the times to come when they [b]WILL[/b]get caught.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto to 7IDL and Mute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top