Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 7:55:46 AM EDT
Henry Rollins often said he'd never perform ANY Black Flag songs on stage EVER.  Don't even ask - in fact if he spies a fan at one of his shows wearing an old Black Flag t-shirt he sometimes makes a point to give them a little taunting.

But after the huge success of the West Memphis 3 benefit CD, Henry has decided to team up with old Circle Jerks (and even older Black Flag) front man Keith Morris to raise some more cash for the WM3 defense fund.  They're going to be being backed by Rollins current touring band (Mother Superior) and hitting the road performing all Black Flag tunes.

Anyway, they're coming to my town in three weeks and I wouldn't miss this opportunity for the world.

You can check out Rollins website at [url]21361.com[/url] or the West Memphis 3 ([url]wm3.org[/url]) site for more info if you care.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Wanna fill me in?  I guess I didn't get the memo, who are the west memphis 3?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap. I didn't ever think Rollins would do this.

Awesome! How much are tix?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Black Flag pretty much ceased to exist in my book after Morris left.  Although Damaged was not too shabby.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Doesn't sound like much of a "reunion".
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They were going to take bite molds from Chistopher Byers' father, but his teeth mysteriously "fell out", and he had to get full dentures.

View Quote

And what happened to his wife?  She died.  And his wife before that?  Oops - she died too!

The night the three boys went missing Christopher Byer's Stepfather also told police that he had been "searching" the area where the crime scene was well past midnight, supposedly without a flashlight, by himself.

Since it was his stepson alone that was so horribly sexually mutilated the police didn't press him with too many questions about his actions.

Anyone who's ever watched the documentaries [u]Paradise Lost 1 & 2[/u] usually gets freaked out by how creepy the guy is.

On the upside, a lot of local ministers got a lot of TV time spouting off about the hazards of wearing black t-shirts and listening to that dangerous rock music - so why bother looking for any alternative theories?

Anyway, Mumia actually admitted killing that cop, that and a few other things strike more than a slight contrast between these two cases.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Please provide a reference regarding this statement.
View Quote

Buzz Bisinger:  "Do you have any regrets about killing the officer?"
Jamal:  "Yes."
- Vanity Fair Magazine, August 1999

"I shot the mother fucker and I hope the mother fucker dies."
- Mumia Abu-Jamal
Jefferson Hospital, Philadelphia, PA.
Dec. 9th 1981
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Wait a minute, when did Mummy's story change from his brother being the shooter? Also fuck Rollins! I saw Black Flag before Henrietta went solo. He was a primadonna bitch. He slammed a kids head against the stage for stage diving, AT A PUNK SHOW!!  Cuz he wasn't wearing any shoes. From that day on Black Flag will only be pre-Rollins in my book. When are he and Danzig gettin married anyway? Just from the list of bands supporting the WM3 I'm liable to push the needle myself, even if it does sound like a Southern Baptist Convention railroad job.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#13]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wait a minute, when did Mummy's story change from his brother being the shooter? Also fuck Rollins! I saw Black Flag before Henrietta went solo. He was a primadonna bitch. He slammed a kids head against the stage for stage diving, AT A PUNK SHOW!!  Cuz he wasn't wearing any shoes. From that day on Black Flag will only be pre-Rollins in my book. When are he and Danzig gettin married anyway? Just from the list of bands supporting the WM3 I'm liable to push the needle myself, even if it does sound like a Southern Baptist Convention railroad job.
View Quote

Friend of mine saw Rollins back in the day.  Rollins kept hollering "I'm not an animal" to which my friend kept replying "I'm an abortion".  Sadly, I think very few in the audience got the joke.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]
As in the Anti-Nowhere League song?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I gotta agree with Pat-Riot, F&*@# Henry! Way back when Black Flag crashed at my place and Henry grabbed a 14 yr old friend by the neck and smashed him against the wall cuz he wrote Henry is God, on a James Dean poster. #@*& Henry! On the other hand, Greg Ginn had to be one of the nicest guys I've ever met.rocko.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
As in the Anti-Nowhere League song?
View Quote

As in "Bodies" by the Sex Pistols.

Rocko - BF crashed at your place?  How'd that happen?  Did you often have punk bands spend the night?  Was Kira with them? (grrrr)
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#19]
My band opened the Black Flag show in Fort Worth, at the Ridglea Theatre, last tuesday the 3rd.

Henry was cool. Keith was a loudmouth chump.

They both f!#$ing rocked. Definitely worth seeing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Dolomite, my roommate was a promoter and I helped him run his hall. Unfortunatly Kira wasn't with them then. Came home plenty of times to find strange folks at my house, Dave Grohl when he was in Scream, the Subhumans, Psychic TV, Swans, Helios Creed, Raw Power, etc. Damn, those were fun times.rocko.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Forgive my ignorance. I never liked the Monkees all that much. Malcolm McLauren... oh nevermind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top