Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/4/2003 6:55:12 AM EDT
Some people who post on this board have badge envy because they are jealous. They have never done anything that has contributed to our society in a positive way. They have never risked anything to help another human being. They have small meaningless little lives. They have never grown out of their adolescent resentment of authority. They are they same people who hated their teachers and parents. They were probably sent to bed without their supper one too many times.

Read the top story [url]www.cantonrep.com[/url] This could never be them. Cry yourselves to sleep boys. Another Cop proves his worth. It's all in a days work.

Beekeeper, feel free to move this to the BOTS forum if you want to. I know how sensitive you are to some fella's ouchy feelings.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTMTBOS!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Read the top story [url]www.cantonrep.com[/url]  
View Quote
good story [:)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IBTL

I'll call this pure trolling but hopefully people are smarter than that ... but doubt it having been here over the years.
View Quote

You call this trolling? Have you been reading some of the other B.S. posted here lately? Go ahead and lock it you coward, it's within your power.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some people who post on this board have badge envy because they are jealous. They have never done anything that has contributed to our society in a positive way. They have never risked anything to help another human being. They have small meaningless little lives. They have never grown out of their adolescent resentment of authority. They are they same people who hated their teachers and parents. They were probably sent to bed without their supper one too many times.
View Quote

Looks like someones suffering from a little projection complex.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#8]
What's really funny.....there was a "no cop bashing" rule on the board not so long ago.  If the "good men" of society were so good why are they a "protected class" on an internet board? [lol]  Their deeds should stand up and speak volumes all by themselves.

It would appear that some cops have EXTREMELY thin skins and aren't really sure their "service to society" is all that great, huh Sukebe?

First a cop, now a [:K]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually, it kind of looks to me like someone isn't getting what he feels to be an appropriate amount of teabagging by non-LEO sycophants.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:12:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Good read. However, I do not think his action in this matter was because he was an officer. It was due to the fact he is a good person to begin with. If that makes him a better officer, then the community should be thankful they have him.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

I'll call this pure trolling but hopefully people are smarter than that ... but doubt it having been here over the years.
View Quote

You call this trolling? Have you been reading some of the other B.S. posted here lately? Go ahead and lock it you coward, it's within your power.
View Quote

Don't let the door hit you on the ass as you leave....[>(]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

View Quote

View Quote
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/destruct.gif[/img][ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

View Quote

View Quote

My...my...aren't WE testy this morning?

Keep up the ad hominem attacks and you're sure to lose your forum.

IF you are an LEO...your nasty resentful attitude clearly indicates I NEVER want to cross your path!

Oh...and FWIW, I have no "badge envy".  I have never served as an LEO...but I did serve 28 years military service...and survived two wars.  I have personally risked my life on several occasions to save others and can chalk up at least four of my fellow humans are walking around because of my direct actions.

Don't preach to me...or my fellows here.  You are off base.

This is headed for a quick shutdown...unless you lighten up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#15]
In general, I am pro-cop to a fault, but I don't see how the fact that this guy did something heroic has anything to do with "badge envy".  One cop doing something great doesn't mean all cops are good, any more than one cop doing something wrong means that all cops are bad.

It is trolling, not so much because of the content of the post but because of the title of the thread.  Hero cop does not equal badge envy for cop bashers, and it's this "only a cop could do this" nonsense that provides ammo to the cop bashers who claim that cops have some kind of God complex.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:15:23 AM EDT
[#16]
"Badge Envy"...hhmm...first I've heard of it. I guess it takes all kinds of people to make up this world. Personally, I've never "envied" to wear a badge although I have noticed that in some cases the stigma of wearing one increases a persons ego. As with anything, nothing wrong with a ego trip as long as it is kept in check.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:15:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey, I thought you would get arrested for going in to a burning building to saved loved ones?  

Isn't that what happened to that guy who saved his dog?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok, some guy saved someone, it's not like citizens don't do  it every day,  your really cracking me up Sukebe, but it is a typical, [b] I am a cop, I demand worship, tribute, special treatment[/b] your true colors are showing. Take a break, go get your free cup of coffee, and calm down.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#19]
3 teens save a wheelchair bound man from drowning: [url]http://www.jsonline.com/news/Racine/jun03/145591.asp[/url]

I'm a firm believer that most teenagers are useless.  This happened in Racine recently.  The last big news out of Racine was when some teen father took his girlfriend's newborn saying that he was going to abandon it at the local hospital.  Instead he went to a park and threw the baby down a pit toilet.  The infant survived fortunately.  I'm glad both stories made the news.

Badge envy:  Ha! The only time I experience badge envy is when I see them drive around without a front license plate on their POVs.  I wish I could get away with that! ( a no-no in WI).

Other than that - LEOs have to walk around all day like targets.  Targets for scumbags and psychos, targets for lawyers, targets for feel-good politicos and the media.

No thanks.  Doesn't mean you've got bigger huevos than me, just, no thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#20]
[beathorse] [sleep]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#21]
IBTL! [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hate to say it but it doesn't take a badge to be "the man". That officer did real good.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Get a grip.   Is it all or nothing with you?   One extreme or the other?   It really appears so.  

There are good police officers and there are bad police officers,  there are great departments and there are crappy departments,  some have a great repoire with the public some plain suck....but there are always those in the MIDDLE GROUND.   I bet there are more in the middle than in either extreme.

To say all LEO's suck is WRONG....to say all are great is WRONG TOO.   Did your HS class have all valadictorians or all dropouts?  I doubt it.    

Let the LEO's who abuse their power  and badge get flushed, and those who excel be commended and those who serve and protect without leaving the middle ground NOT be abused.    Let them ALL be safe, as wishing harm or ill will upon ANYONE, LEO or not, is petty, juvenile and pretty much a waste of time.   (wish into your right hand and poop into your right...which one fills up quickest?)    

I have plenty of stories, positive and negative, but choose not to share them as it merely feeds the groups that tend to side on either far end of the spectrum.     The bashing here needs to stop in BOTH directions and all parties need to be a bit more respectfull.    

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Some people who post on this board have badge envy because they are jealous.
View Quote

I think people can be jealous of anyone that gets special treatment.

Rock stars, politico's, movie stars, COPS, whoever.

Special perks and special treatment breeds contempt and envy.

Anyone that places themselves above others, particularly when it's an abuse of trust and power, is subject to jealousy, envy and hate.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#25]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/bluealert.gif[/img] free donuts ahead./////// Some  cop posted a good reply then showed he was yellow and deleted it because of peer pressure I think. Shows what a lot are like, stick together no matter how wrong one is.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Badge envy ??? [LOL]

How pathetic, you think only those who wear a badge are capable of heroic or selfless acts ??  It's over zealous, self absorbed pricks like you who think the world should kiss your ass just because you got a tin star. You give good cops a bad name.
Always remember, protect and serve and YOU WORK FOR US !! I think thats the thing you hate the most.
Get over yourself, have a donut.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

My, my, we certainly think we know everyones motives don't we?? GOOD cop!!

Read the top story [url]www.cantonrep.com[/url] This could never be them. Cry yourselves to sleep boys. Another Cop proves his worth. It's all in a days work.
View Quote

Ya, it's all in a days WORK. You get well paid. Did it ever occur to you that the people you attack are secure enough in their sense of self, that they don't HAVE to wear a badge to "belong" somewhere? What's the difference between a Hells Angel, and a cop when it comes to "espirit de corps"? None!

Beekeeper, feel free to move this to the BOTS forum if you want to. I know how sensitive you are to some fella's ouchy feelings.
View Quote

Ya, you're right, it's a troll.

Sorry you don't "feel" good enough about your job, that you hafta post this drivel. Reminds me of another cop member we have here...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Good cop..........
Here's a donut.

Badge envy.....I'm still laughing......[lol]

[barney fife]Look at me, I get paid $30K/year to get shot at, spit on, looked down on, ridiculed, heckled, demeaned, to work long hours, night shifts, drive around in my car all day, free coffee, free donuts.......hey wait....things are looking up....FREE DONUTS!!![/barney fife]

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey the one perk they do get worth having is no [b] traffic tickets[/b] that's nice.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Kudos to that officer for a job well done.

Fight4yourrighs has it, special perks is what kills the image of police officers.

We pay taxes.  Our taxes pay your wages, and you say we do nothing to contribute to society?  [rolleyes]

I'm an IT professional, give people who I interact with a poll, who helps them more, IT people or the police.  Don't be surprised if they say IT people.  The prosperity of our nation could be also be attributed to bright talented people who implement technology to improve business.  The police, on the other hand, don't do anything to contribute to the GNP of the nation.  Without honest, hard working people there could be no police.  Without the police, we probably couldn't have the fruitful society that we do.  We need each other, and cops are no more important to America as the common, law abiding taxpayer.

The police, or any other profession, has it's good and bad apples.  Don't strain yourself patting yourself on the back.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Are you a little fella, by any chance, Sukebe?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Some people become cops due to an inferiority complex and other related inadequacies in their life.  Seems you feel that you have something to prove because you aren't getting enough respect.  Here's a reality check for you.  Your occupation does not automatically earn you respect, nor should it.  Respect, as far as I'm concerned, is earned, not given out like candy.  I don't hate cops, never have.  I've known some to be really great guys (and they do get my respect), and some are complete assholes ... such is the truth with all walks of life.  Your posts categorize themselves, I don't feel the need to make that distinction here.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#33]
[%|]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#35]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/cops11.jpg[/img] Another perk zzzzzzzzz
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've got badge envy=>[url]http://students.washington.edu/danchen/cars/boxster/badge.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Come to think of it, me too:

[img]http://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/html/images/logo.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.bentleymotors.co.uk/bentleymotors/images/entry/logo.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I guess I touched a few nerves.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it hard to type with donut glaze on your fingers?

Do you pet your badge?  Or just your duty belt?

In Ohio, do you have more armed robberies or illegal cow fucking?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#39]
You sound like a cop on the verge of losing it, you are delusional to think only a cop can do heroic deeds. How far on you on the cop checklist:

1. Drunken useless bastard
2. Divorced cause wife could not stand you
3. Reduced to thinking others envy you.

You really should consult with your dept head shrinker before you take the next step of eating a bullet.

Let me guess, you were a hall monitor in school and got beat up alot.

Badge envy, sheesh most of you cops got fed JBT envy, just kills you that you can't rise above your small mayberry dept job when you'd rather be burning houses for the ATF or trampling peoples rights in the DEA.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#40]
[rofl2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

As opposed to LAWFUL cow fucking?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, if by that you mean that your post was so ridiculous it prompted a lot of people to respond, then yeah, you hit a nerve.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have never done anything that has contributed to our society in a positive way. I have never risked anything to help another human being. I have a small meaningless little life. I have never grown out of my adolescent resentment of authority. I hated my teachers and parents. I was sent to bed without my supper one too many times.

I cry myself to sleep. In this thread, another cop proves his worthlessness. It's all in a days work.

View Quote

Sounds like you have your very own mea culpa worked out....is this the "prayer" you say before you shift?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

As opposed to LAWFUL cow fucking?
View Quote

It's only lawful in certain Ohio counties....Leetonia comes to mind. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#45]
leetonia??!! leetonia???!!!

i'll have you know that minerva's cow fucking team beat leetonia's cow fucking team 48-12!

i lived in canton, ohio for 19 years. the canton pd has many fine officers on it. men i would be proud to have as friends...matter of fact a couple of them ARE friends.

sure, the cpd gets the infrequent jerk on the force. thankfully, that doesn't happen very often.

sukebe, if you run into capt. doug s., please tell him i enjoyed our days of bicycle racing together.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#46]
[:K]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#47]
This thread is absolute proof that not all trolls have low postcounts.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#48]
[img]home.wi.rr.com/antigov/dunkin1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, you just don't get it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
leetonia??!! leetonia???!!!

i'll have you know that minerva's cow fucking team beat leetonia's cow fucking team 48-12!
View Quote

Campy:

I will have you know that my keyboard will never be the same after this past week dealing with you.  First, the keys are all deformed after I pounded the shit out of it yelling at you about sports cars.[BD]

NOW, it has Mountain Dew dripping from it....

I think I fell out of my fucking chair I laughed so hard.
I am still laughing.....[lol]

[size=1][blue]How do they score cow fucking up there?  Virginia's rules on it are kind of weird.[/size=1][/blue]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top