Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 9:23:17 PM EDT
I outdid myself last night! [^]

[img]http://home.naxs.com/blpjr/6303dinner.JPG[/img]

10 oz. NY strip, "aged" in the fridge for about an hour with a liberal application of Emeril's Southwest Essence.  Grilled for 3 min. per side.  Perfectly medium well and quite tender.

Hashbrowns, smothered with colby and jalapeno jack cheeses.  Very tasty.

My special no-bake baked beans.  Straight out of the can with a few special ingredients. [;)]

Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche.  Quite possibly the best thing I've ever made.  Took a recipe and tinkered a bit, best thing of the night (and that steak was damn good).  I almost ate the whole bowl myself.  Just ask if you want the recipe. [:D]

And although it isn't pictured, had a banana tofu smoothie for desert.  

Just call me Chef Burley. [+]:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
And although it isn't pictured, had a banana tofu smoothie for desert.  

View Quote

How does one make a drink like that? And is is actually apitizing?  I'll try anything once.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BigJ491

How does one make a drink like that? And is is actually apitizing?  I'll try anything once.
View Quote

I use about 8 oz. of silken tofu, 1/2 cup of soy milk, and whatever fruits I have on hand.  Sometimes add a tablespoon or two of honey if the fruits aren't that sweet.  With the banana, I used 2 large bananas and a dab of honey.

The smoothies I make are very appetizing and very filling.  For the last couple of weeks I've been having one for breakfast/lunch and haven't gotten hungry all day.  The tofu itself doesn't have any taste, so you get nothing but the flavor of the fruit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Niiice

could use a lil T&A factor tho
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
could use a lil T&A factor tho
View Quote

T&A?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By BigJ491

View Quote

I use about 8 oz. of silken tofu, 1/2 cup of soy milk, and whatever fruits I have on hand.  Sometimes add a tablespoon or two of honey if the fruits aren't that sweet.  With the banana, I used 2 large bananas and a dab of honey.

The smoothies I make are very appetizing and very filling.  For the last couple of weeks I've been having one for breakfast/lunch and haven't gotten hungry all day.  The tofu itself doesn't have any taste, so you get nothing but the flavor of the fruit.
View Quote

I'll try that in the next couple of days and get back w/ you.  What exactly is "silken" tofu?  Is that differnt from the cubed kind i can buy at my grocery store?

Edited to say: Never mind on the Silken Tofu question.  I looked it up on the net.  I love that stuff, especially in my stir fry.  Never thought to try it in a shake.  Happy Blending!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'll try that in the next couple of days and get back w/ you.  What exactly is "silken" tofu?  Is that differnt from the cubed kind i can buy at my grocery store?
View Quote

Tofu comes in two or three varieties.  Usually, a grocery store will stock firm and silken.  The firm has just a bit more water in the package.  The silken is pressed a little more, just a bit drier.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
What's a good name brand to go w/?  I don't want to get shity Tofu.  That could be bad for my 1st Tofu shake experience.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's a good name brand to go w/?  I don't want to get shity Tofu.  That could be bad for my 1st Tofu shake experience.
View Quote

I don't usually pay much attention to the brand.  I've been getting it in two places, one place has it in a little paper box, the other place has it in a plastic tray with plastic over the top.  The stuff in the plastic tray (don't have any of it handy) seems to contain a little more water than the boxed stuff.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:25:10 AM EDT
[#10]
MY God! This confirms rumors of ARFCOMS elevated pc status. There are actually people contemplating sharing pics of TOFU and discussing TOFU recipes.

Ha! Nice try mister. You cannot camouflage your intent to poison our little community
by posting a manly dinner pic, then ambiguously planting the TOFU seed. You have been exposed Trader Joe.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:40:59 AM EDT
[#11]
where's the stapler?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Staplers are only for breakfast pictures I think.
NoKarma
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:01:52 AM EDT
[#13]
No spare rounds.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#14]
A ruller pulled out to 12" and a small knife.  I wonder what that means? [8D]

Anyway, good looking and very interesting dinner pic.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A ruller pulled out to 12" and a small knife.  I wonder what that means? [8D]
View Quote

I just grabbed the knife out of my pocket, as I was a little rushed (I just had to eat that food).  That little Mini Trapper has been in my pocket for the last 13 years, never let me down. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top