Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 9:01:14 PM EDT
Let the sob story begin.  The bullshit get's really deep really fast!

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&ncid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20030604/ap_on_re_us/hillary_clinton_book[/url]

[b]Hillary Clinton Book Details Betrayal[/b]

Hillary Rodham Clinton (news - web sites), acknowledging tirades and tears over her husband's affair with Monica Lewinsky, says former President Clinton (news - web sites) lied to her about the relationship until the weekend before he admitted as much to a grand jury.

The New York senator vividly describes her pain over the betrayal in "Living History," her new memoir covering her eight years in the White House. A copy of the book, which goes on sale Monday, was obtained by The Associated Press.

"The most difficult decisions I have made in my life were to stay married to Bill and to run for the Senate from New York," she writes.

She says she accepted her husband's story at first — that he had befriended the White House intern when she asked for job-hunting help, "had talked to her a few times" — and that the relationship had been horribly misconstrued.

"For me, the Lewinsky imbroglio seemed like just another vicious scandal manufactured by political opponents."

More than six months later, with the president preparing to testify before a grand jury, Mrs. Clinton was still adamant that her husband had done nothing wrong and was the victim of a "vast right-wing conspiracy."

Then, on the morning of Saturday, Aug. 15, 1998, he woke her up, paced at the bedside, and "told me for the first time that the situation was much more serious than he had previously acknowledged."

"He now realized he would have to testify that there had been an inappropriate intimacy. He told me that what happened between them had been brief and sporadic."

He was ashamed and knew she would be angry, she recounts.

"I could hardly breathe. Gulping for air, I started crying and yelling at him, 'What do you mean? What are you saying? Why did you lie to me?' I was furious and getting more so by the second. He just stood there saying over and over again, 'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I was trying to protect you and Chelsea.'"
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
She needs to be a victim alright.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, wait, am I supposed to feel sorry for her?  Like we don't see that the only reason that marriage is still together is for political positioning?  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, right.  She beleived that?  I can't beleive she is trying to pull that one over us, given Bill's history.

What about the Gennifer Flower affair?  Just an indiscretion?  I am sure she knows of others we have not heard of.

She is either too naive to be allowed to vote or thinks we really are THAT stupid.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
A play for the Betrayed-By-A-Cheatin'-Man vote. This will win her a NOW endorsement during her '08 prez run...

(EDIT FROM THE AVATAR POLICE: [b]SWIRE[/b], please be advised that your avatar is both irritating and flat-chested. Please seek the consul of [b]Doublefeed[/b] for advice on appropriate subject material...)
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
"For me, the Lewinsky [b]imbroglio[/b] seemed like just another vicious scandal manufactured by political opponents."

That Imbroglio character is a pervasive fellow, isn't he?

Odd how here book went from no manuscript to published seemingly overnight.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#6]
How can she expect us to believe that bs?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
[brad pitt in kalifornia]Stankny bitch![/brad pitt in kalifornia]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#8]
They only thing that she-beast is a victim of are inbreeding and natural selection.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#10]
If you see this book in the bookstore, be sure to move it to the FICTION section, where it belongs! [:)]  Place it right under the "New Fiction" sign for added emphasis.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]
BOO F***ING HOO FOR HER!

If anyone was the victim, it was the People of the United States of America.  

You know what?  We still are victimized by that copresidency.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe that she's really a guy (with a small package).

Since (based upon the above assumption) it was a homosexual relationship, she can go after the gay sympathy vote as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top